So, if it's not Pedro...

bluey9

And, judging by the replies on the poll he should be bumped. Who could knock the squad into something that resembles a team (assuming we're stuck with them for now).

A retread over old ground (ex player or manager returning)?

The usual suspects that always get touted? 

Or someone unexpected and new?

Show yer workings

Cheers

Bluey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's going to be Pedro so no point in wasting energy on thinking about a replacement. He'd need to lose 4 out of the first 6 games to be considered for the chop given the support the board have given him. 

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

It's going to be Pedro so no point in wasting energy on thinking about a replacement. He'd need to lose 4 out of the first 6 games to be considered for the chop given the support the board have given him. 

Correct, like it or not hes going nowhere any time soon. I expect us to win our first three games and if he doesn't the board will have questions to answer. Most likely be a sell out the first two home games of the season, if its not going well it will be a very hostile atmosphere. 

Would have been good if we had a board in place who could actually do their job in the first place and appoint someone worthy of the job.

As time goes on the appointment is looking like a fucking shambles and it wont change until the people making these decisions get punted. 

I hate to sound like a broken record but if you appoint a former Motherwell chief as the MD of the club then you get what you deserve.

Once Pedro flops to a mediocre second if lucky and we have a season that is slightly better than last season, hopefully across the board changes are made at the top.

Pedro wont be replaced right now because he needs the chance to finish what he's started with Rangers.  There's a major rebuilding job happening that we all acknowledged, just a few months ago, was necessary.  Once the massive turnaround in players has happened and we have a new squad those players will need time to work together and become a team. 

I fully expect us to win consistently in the league.  Every game up until the first Old Firm game needs to be a victory.  If it isn't, and we lose the first Old Firm game of the season, I expect Pedro will be very close to the exit. 

It should be McInnes, who's Aberdeen sides have taken regular pumpings off the scum and have been knocked out by diddy teams in Europe every year since he arrived. 

Actually, it should be McLeish, who hasn't won a game in about 10 years.

No wait, it should Walter, who is a bawhair away from wearing nappies. 

Guest Lloyd72

Tommy Wright is a good manager, Pardew is still out of work, maybe we could get the guy who was giving Murty tips? Mcinnes doesn't deserve it and Eck is done as a manager.

the dream for me is Tony Pulis

Marcelo Gallardo, Michael O'Neill, Paulo Sousa. 

Doesn't matter what names we throw around on here though, they are all open to ridicule and someone somewhere will always want to pick holes in your suggestion. I've picked 3 guys there, 2 who are winners and have a reputation of playing at the highest level, managing at a high level and also winning things and another guy we all know well who may not be popular but has done an incredible job with Northern Ireland. I don't think our board have the balls or the brains to headhunt a serious replacement however. The predictable shite we will get is McInnes, if he even wants it, and that doesn't do anything for me at all. I would rather go back to Walter Smith or Alex McLeish, both men who have won countless trophies here at Rangers and put numerous Celtic managers in their place but again, it's so so underwhelming, why do we need to call upon these sorts to steady our sinking ship yet again. The club is a fucking mess. 

I would be surprised if our board even knew who 2 of those guys above were. 

It's all very well saying we have to find stability at some point, and we do, that we have to stick by a manager, and we do, but it really has to be someone who knows what they are doing and whom as proven they have us on the right track. None of the 4 the current board have picked fit the bill. This should terrify us all. Our board don't actually know what to do or where to go. Gross mismanagement at the very highest level, it's just so Rangers. 

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I'd fucking love that. He's exactly the kind of manager we need just now. No nonsense, grind out wins.

He's an underrated manager imo, knows how to get results and I'm sure he'd come out of retirement to get the chance to win trophies at a club like this.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's an underrated manager imo, knows how to get results and I'm sure he'd come out of retirement to get the chance to win trophies at a club like this.

He's 62 as well, for a top manager like him that's near enough early retirement. I wonder if he would fancy a couple of years up in Scotland just to finish off his career. It's a pipe dream though, I don't see it happening. 

All hypothetical cos he wont be replaced, he probably should be, but he wont. If he was though could you imagine trying to deal with Aberdeen for Mcinnes? A non starter. As for tommy wright, he gets half decent results but st johnstone are just about the worst team to watch in this league and that's saying fuckin plenty.I honestly have no idea who we could go for. All hypothetical anyway cos for the time being we are stuck with pedro until at least November, weve invested too much and let him take in too many players for us not to give him a shot at it. A shot that probably isn't going to work admittedly.

50 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pedro wont be replaced right now because he needs the chance to finish what he's started with Rangers.  There's a major rebuilding job happening that we all acknowledged, just a few months ago, was necessary.  Once the massive turnaround in players has happened and we have a new squad those players will need time to work together and become a team. 

I fully expect us to win consistently in the league.  Every game up until the first Old Firm game needs to be a victory.  If it isn't, and we lose the first Old Firm game of the season, I expect Pedro will be very close to the exit. 

I dont get why people think we'll win loads of games at start of season we've  just been pumped by the 4th best team in Luxembourg.

I go into the season with hope rather than expectation after the shambles on Tues