So, if it's not Pedro...

bluey9

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

For the money we've spunked on MW and Caixinha we could have had Redknapp etc. Tarriers got Rodgers for £2 mill. We've spunked 1.6 up the wall for the two clowns we've had but spent £7-8 mill. 

Rodgers had the luxury of taking over a Championship winning side and then further improving it by spending millions of pounds on one or two players.  Pedro took over a failing side that had very few players of any ability or value and his transfer kitty needs to buy an entirely new team

Let's not pretend Rodgers is performing miracles over at Parkhead.  It's currently the easiest job in British football.  If Pedro Caixinha was the manager of Celtic last season he would've won the league too.  Being the manager of Rangers at this moment in time would be a struggle for anyone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pointless to discuss who would be the next manager as the league season has not even started yet and although a run in Europe would of been nice closing the gap or challenging for the league is his priority. 

We will see the real strength of the manager and current players over the next 12 weeks and that should let us know if he's up for the task or not. I have been impressed with the managers discipline and the appearance of understanding what this club is about but it's a result driven business. 

Dont think any of us thought for a second that we would not get past the 1st and probably 2nd round qualifiers I hope that this is the kick up the arse that the manager and for me more so THE PLAYERS as no matter what the tactics are the players have the power to win the match especially against part timers. 

I would hope that now that the knee jerk rections are starting to calm down we can look to support the team and manager in this difficult time and ensure that come the first home match we are not on their backs and SUPPORT the team.

I am not saying we accept or forget but in life we get knocked down and it's about showing strength and getting back up stronger by learning by the mistakes.

time will tell if he's the man to take us forward but for now let's get behind the team and be that 12th man come first league match.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rodgers had the luxury of taking over a Championship winning side and then further improving it by spending millions of pounds on one or two players.  Pedro took over a failing side that had very few players of any ability or value and his transfer kitty needs to buy an entirely new team

Let's not pretend Rodgers is performing miracles over at Parkhead.  It's currently the easiest job in British football.  If Pedro Caixinha was the manager of Celtic last season he would've won the league too.  Being the manager of Rangers at this moment in time would be a struggle for anyone.

Aye spending £8 million for the first time for the best part of a decade is a struggle lol. 

The struggle is trying to beat a part time mob from Luxembourg 

8 hours ago, Cobham said:

It's going to be Pedro so no point in wasting energy on thinking about a replacement. He'd need to lose 4 out of the first 6 games to be considered for the chop given the support the board have given him. 

Don't bet against I t happening, and the league is over by September weekend, Far too late the damage is done , Get rid of him now and get rid of who ever said he's the man and no cunt else even got considered.  Lots of us thought it was a strange appointment and a hell of a gamble.

8 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Mcinnes for me if Pedro goes. He won't go until at least xmas though. Needs to win every game upto Celtic and beat them at ibrox to get some of my confidence in him back.

I had a wee sneaky feeling when McInnes knocked back Sunderland. 

Maybe he knows Pedro is a massive flop and will be gone by the end of the season. Paving the way for him.

17 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Don't bet against I t happening, and the league is over by September weekend, Far too late the damage is done , Get rid of him now and get rid of who ever said he's the man and no cunt else even got considered.  Lots of us thought it was a strange appointment and a hell of a gamble.

If Pedro doesnt win his first 3 league games, fans will be shouting for him to be axed.

Our only hope is for Pedro to accept that players win matches, not managers.

He needs to scrap his preconceived ideas about how the game should be played and just let the players play to their strengths.

Scrap plan A plan B plan C etc. Just get to know what the players are capable of, THEN make a plan. But stop trying to shoehorn players into a system that either doesn't work or isn't going to work with the current squad.

21 hours ago, Gman36 said:

He's 62 as well, for a top manager like him that's near enough early retirement. I wonder if he would fancy a couple of years up in Scotland just to finish off his career. It's a pipe dream though, I don't see it happening. 

They'll do a lot of things for money.

Whether or not we could afford him is another question.