Moh up top?

Clarkyyy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've seen enough of him to say he's pish for certain.

But he's mostly reliant on using his pace to get in behind defences. Which is an opportunity which you rarely get playing for Rangers as we're generally up against packed defences sitting deep.

He's a bad fit but in the same token the jury is out on whether he's still better than Dalcio and Candeias?

I firmly believe he would have been the difference out wide against Progres at Ibrox. They were awful and his pace and directness will have caused all sorts of problems for them. Instead of Waghorn with Miller central. Niko feeding him in behind.... That game would have been totally different.I believe. Just an opinion. 

13 hours ago, ready1873 said:

O'Halloran is one I'm against the grain on. From what I can remember he hasn't started through the middle for us at all, and given the way he played at Ibrox against us before we signed him I don't get it.

He might prove to be as limited as he has already looked out wide but I'd chance him there.

I agree with this and actually when we have played him wide he hasn't done too bad either.

A bizarre signing from the outset in that we chased him then never really played him. 

Someone like Lovenkrands made the switch from the wing to up front but he was a far better player than MOH. Everyone would have been given a chance when Pedro came in, I presume much like Forrester and the rest he is either showing limited ability or lack of applications and like others have suggested it seems unlikely he will play again for us. 

14 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

Just wondering if anyone thinks rather than have him rotting away taking a wage we should play him up top & see how he does ? Hes a clinical finisher & has already scored from right back this pre season i believe . He offers raw pace which seems to be the only thing we havent tried & with niko & dorrans feeding balls through if he played on the shoulder hed be an asset surely ? I know hes not been great so far but cant think if wev actually tried him up front !

I saw tony vidmar skin the tims reserve side himself from left back and score...doesnt mean you play him upfront

I was happy to sign him but basically since first day he's been a fish out of water. Add that to the fact we never played him in games which would have suited his style better like the girodome and shittodrie and you've got yet another Warburton howler.

11 hours ago, geronimoo said:

I always seen MoH as an average player having a great season at St Johnstone, it was only a matter of time before he went back to an average player playing average football.

I don't think it was that he was having a one-off season. Wright had a goalscorer with bad legs in McLean, and in O'Halloran he had a player without much skill, but plenty of pace; the partnership was greater than the sum of its parts. 

On 08/07/2017 at 0:56 PM, Tenerife Bear said:

I firmly believe he would have been the difference out wide against Progres at Ibrox. They were awful and his pace and directness will have caused all sorts of problems for them. Instead of Waghorn with Miller central. Niko feeding him in behind.... That game would have been totally different.I believe. Just an opinion. 

17 hours ago, TopCat said:

OP has a point but I reckon his time at Ibrox is just about up as PC doesn't seem to rate him very highly tbh so it's a moot point.

There's a pattern emerging ........ the manager that signed him realises he's pish and doesn't play him, then the next manager thinks he's pish and doesn't play him......

Having had the misfortune to see him play, he is pish and worse than a man short.

Talking of which, he was better in the game v Motherwell, when he got sent off early on. Certainly cut down on errors.

Taxi for the tarrier!