Club 1872 Statement

superkai

5 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

How much of a hand has the club had in this statement? Using 1872 to say things a bit more directly than it can? 

We can only speculate. But this is part of the role I see Club 1872 doing - saying what needs to be said more strongly than the board.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

That is the key thing. Said on another thread, it is the SPL RULES THAT are relevant not the spfl ones. Neither of these rulebooks are war and peace. 

That is now more than 72 hrs since the decision.

They are not just looking to see if any rules were broken. They are digging really deep for any way back to concoct how a rule was broken . must break slittly eyes heart that they are struggling so much.

100% mate as someone has already said if the SPFL is a new body it's fuck all to do with them. If its the same as SPL and just a new name the are bound by the agreement.

either way they are fucked.

A lot of good statements coming out at present, Linfield started the ball rolling earlier this month has there been contact made by RFC for lessons in how to put a statement together instead of "dignified silence"??

In my working life i have had to deal with many socio paths and bullies. I have researched them in depth and akey feature of many of these people is that they are quick to accuse others of the behaviours/misdemeanours/underhand tactics that they themselves are adept at. This mob are the perfect example of that. We need to dig deep.

Saying on BBC Scotland just now that they approached ten clubs to ask if they were in favour of the SPFL looking into stripping titles, of the ten approached 3 said no 5 said the had no opinion at present 2 said yes. ( scum and Dundee Hivs)

They recon that the 5 undecided will wait to gauge their fans opinion, just like they did before.

Thats us fucked then, only one opinion these haters will give.

Battle will commence.

1 hour ago, will2203 said:

Oh, we do love a good statement.

wish people would grow a pair and get on with life!

Some folks need to get out a bit more,....coming to a game at Ibrox would be a tentative step in the right direction.

The last time we had the opportunity the stadium was full. I don't really understand your point. 

• JCDBigBear featured and unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Saying on BBC Scotland just now that they approached ten clubs to ask if they were in favour of the SPFL looking into stripping titles, of the ten approached 3 said no 5 said the had no opinion at present 2 said yes. ( scum and Dundee Hivs)

They recon that the 5 undecided will wait to gauge their fans opinion, just like they did before.

Thats us fucked then, only one opinion these haters will give.

Battle will commence.

Who are the 10 clubs being asked if Dundee Utd were approached? Is it 10 of the 11 other clubs who at the time were in the SPL?

Issue a statement regarding Celtic's majority shareholder.  His historic tax dodging and how that ties in with his 'saving of Celtic' back in 1994 or funding players such as Robbie Keane.  Perhaps this should be investigated for the sake of sporting integrity. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

2 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Who are the 10 clubs being asked if Dundee Utd were approached? Is it 10 of the 11 other clubs who at the time were in the SPL?

Only in this rancid country would this happen. Tossed into the bottom tier,lost a multi million pound squad for nothing,lost European revenue for years,suffered an illegal transfer ban and had to pay (what they ludicrously claim) another clubs football related debt. And our club has still not fully recovered to this day. And meanwhile Savco FC were handed free reign to rake in millions of pounds of European revenue,with no challenge whatsoever,and claim trophy after trophy. And still the witch hunt by the baying mob continues. It's quite simple. They wanted Rangers Football Club extinguished,dissolved,dead,never to play another game in this country. It never happened (and deep down they know this all to well despite the new club nonsense otherwise why the continuing bitterness/hatred towards this pyoor new club n that) and it has driven them apoplectic with rage hence the ongoing and never ending attacks. And perhaps the only way fwd,because rest assure this will never end,is to take the approach stated in today's statement. By going after each and every one of them. As I said. Only in this rancid country.

Get all the offshore tax avoidance movie schemes that were used along with the names put out there.

48 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I will do my utmost to never give a single penny to the rest of Scottish football. I, no doubt, will have to give them money some time, but it'll be the minimum possible.

The biggest way to hurt them is boycott the away games, but I know a few who just won't have it.

I really hope that the Board (Dave King) and Club1872 are fully primed to back up their statements if the authorities try to reignite the witch hunt against us. I think now more than ever the Club and the fans really need to galvanise and harness all our talents and resources to fight any potential stripping of the trophies legitimately won on the field of play.  We need to fight tooth and nail taking whatever action, legal or otherwise is necessary.  As a last resort, this may involve us being ready to play poker with the SPFL because I think the only way we will be able to bring Scottish football to its knees and see sense on this issue will be by refusing to play in front of tv cameras and all that this would entail. That will really test the mettle of the Board and fans alike.

The above may seem a bit melodramatic but I think none of us should be in any doubt that if we were stripped of titles/cups (however unthinkable this may be)  that this will not be the end of the matter for the obsessed hordes and their media lackies, it will only encourage them to seek further and further punishment of our club on this issue.

Now is the time we need to stand our ground and fight for our club whatever it takes.

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

No idea, that was the names they mentioned, I could have heard it wrong but they mentioned 10 clubs, 2 for, 5 undecided, 3 against, that's current.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Get all the offshore tax avoidance movie schemes that were used along with the names put out there.

The biggest way to hurt them is boycott the away games, but I know a few who just won't have it.

I wont , and haven't been, to any away games. Cup finals, and semi's, are the only times I will be attending away from Ibrox. Not been to the Piggery for years, the pricing of tickets, for decades, has been scandalous, and I refuse to give them the money. I don't think I've been to the Piggery since they built their Meccano stadium, but I could be wrong.?

2 hours ago, thebooler said:

Credit where it's due. That's a cracking statement. Who would write that? ?

Never mind threatening them though - do it!

I genuinely hope a successful boycott of away games can be supported. 

A Rangers supporter :happy:

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

No idea, that was the names they mentioned, I could have heard it wrong but they mentioned 10 clubs, 2 for, 5 undecided, 3 against, that's current.

Chris McLaughlin tweeted this earlier:

11 top SPFL clubs contacted by BBC for views re calls for review of EBT use by #Rangers: 1 Yes 2 No 5 No current position 3 Didn't respond

7 hours ago, superkai said:

Club 1872 info@club1872.co.uk via cmail19.com

Club 1872 has taken some time to consider the verdict in the ‘Big Tax Case’ (BTC) as we wanted to gauge the immediate reaction of sections of the media, Scottish football clubs, their supporters groups and the Scottish football authorities. That reaction has been, in the main, as hysterical, inaccurate and agenda driven as we expected. It appears there is still a desire in certain quarters for Scottish football to eat itself alive.

Contrary to the line taken by several dishonest media commentators, encouraged predominantly by Peter Lawwell and Celtic Football Club, this result does not mean that Rangers have “broken the law”, “acted illegally”, “cheated” or gained any sporting advantage through the historic use of EBT payments.

The Lord Nimmo Smith tribunal dealt comprehensively with this matter and, as the SFA has correctly reiterated, is final and binding.

Despite this, we remain concerned that the SPFL board may attempt to act on behalf of Celtic in this matter. It is our belief that a small number of other SPFL clubs, including Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, would like to see them do so. We are also aware that historically the SPFL lawyer, Rod McKenzie has taken an extremely hostile attitude towards Rangers Football Club which we do not believe is founded in his legal opinions.

Should it be the case that the SPFL do decide to act for the benefit of Celtic, then the clubs represented on that board should be aware that Club 1872, and we are sure Rangers Football Club and the wider Rangers support, will use every legal means necessary to challenge those who promote, support or facilitate such a course of action.

That will include, but not be limited to, mounting a legal challenge to the SPFL, boycotting publications whose journalists misreport the facts of the matter and demanding SPFL and SFA investigations into any and all dubious actions by those clubs over the period of the last 50 years.

The investigations we will demand specifically involve, but are not limited to, the actions of several boards, individual board members and employees of Celtic Football Club, across a variety of issues which have been in the public domain for many years but never properly addressed by the football authorities.

We will also demand that the football authorities open multiple investigations and examine in public, and in detail, all deals which allowed Scottish football clubs to write off their debts and the fit and proper status of all majority and joint owners of SPFL clubs. We will not be lectured on integrity, sporting or otherwise, by the clubs involved.

The last time there was an attempt to steal our titles, those involved operated in an environment where Rangers and the Rangers support were in a state of turmoil. The focus of our support was in removing various unsavoury characters from within our own club. That will not be the case this time and any clubs, club officials and commentators involved in any such dishonest and self-serving campaign will be met by wide-ranging, robust, legal and economic challenges at every step of the way.

It would be our preference for Scottish football to return to a more normalised condition where sporting endeavour on the pitch is the source of rivalry between clubs. If that is not the wish of the wider Scottish footballing community then they will find us to be extremely committed opponents nonetheless.

54 and counting.

Club 1872

Great statement.