Friendlies Lined Up?

34 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I watch the City academy sides every week and there is not a lot of quality.

And Mark Allen did not bring Iheanacho in. He was spotted in an international tournament, guested for City in a friendly and was brought in. He hardly played for the Academy sides at all before his promotion because he could not at first get a work permit.

I know no fucker who thinks Mark Allen did anything of note at City or thinks he will be a loss.

The Academy sides have been doing better recently than they have in the past when compared to previously and with other Academies. I watch a fair amount of Academy games (a lot of the other side of Manchester) and the improvement in City has been noticeable. 3 consecutive FA Youth Cup finals and Premier Youth League placings is testament to that. 

You seem pretty negative about both clubs you follow. How do you explain the 'lack of quality' compared to the result improvements at City? 

Iheanacho played in the UEFA Youth League, the FA Youth Cup Final after he got his work permit after signing for the Man City Academy. Its a shame to let facts get in the way of your negativity I guess?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I watch the City academy sides every week and there is not a lot of quality.

And Mark Allen did not bring Iheanacho in. He was spotted in an international tournament, guested for City in a friendly and was brought in. He hardly played for the Academy sides at all before his promotion because he could not at first get a work permit.

I know no fucker who thinks Mark Allen did anything of note at City or thinks he will be a loss.

You watch City academy sides full matches every single week? I take it thats after you watch the full Rangers & City first team matches. Theres not even that many folk that watch every Rangers academy match...

Anyway Mark Allen has been head of the academy from 2009, when it was your average Premiership academy, to 2017, where it is now one of the best in the UK. He had no involvement in helping making it one of the best, not at all? As Head of Academy? :lol: 

I agree in terms of facilities City have the best Academy in Britain. But that has been achieved by billion pound investment not the actions of Mark Allen.

To be fair to City, it is the Academy structure that is wrong. After the first 12 months players learn nothing from under 21 / 23 football and stagnate. Pep Guardiola has only been at City for 12 months and is already expressing frustration in this regard.

I'm certainly not negative about Citys future but I'm not going to fall in with this the Academy is a roaring success line until it delivers. I suspect it will become a feeder for other clubs and ultimately become self funding as a result of player sales which is fine but I certainly do not regard what is happening there as a model for Rangers and our academy aspirations. 

I'm still unclear what a Director of Football does but if as suggested it has a link to appointing our next manager then I don't see how Mark Allen is qualified. Fair enough, if people think his track record qualifies him to revamp our academy set up and player recruitment then fine I will shut the fuck up but when I read about achievements at another club which I don't perceive to be warranted then I won't.

I do though hope he does a good job and I will happily  admit I was wrong if he does.

As for being negative about Rangers right now I think I have every fucking right to be. I wasn't 12 months ago but a lot has happened since then. With the right manager we can move forward but I don't want selection of our next one  to be ballsed up again hence my comments in this thread.

33 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

The Academy sides have been doing better recently than they have in the past when compared to previously and with other Academies. I watch a fair amount of Academy games (a lot of the other side of Manchester) and the improvement in City has been noticeable. 3 consecutive FA Youth Cup finals and Premier Youth League placings is testament to that. 

You seem pretty negative about both clubs you follow. How do you explain the 'lack of quality' compared to the result improvements at City? 

Iheanacho played in the UEFA Youth League, the FA Youth Cup Final after he got his work permit after signing for the Man City Academy. Its a shame to let facts get in the way of your negativity I guess?

If I remember rightly, Kelechi played just one game in the Champions league youth competition and a semi final and final of the youth cup. He also played a couple of games in an under 21 international tournament they won under Patrick Viera. In terms of the under 19 league I don't think he played more than a couple of times.

My point being that Kelechi was not developed by the Academy. 

Anyway, ill shut the fuck up now lol.

8 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

If I remember rightly, Kelechi played just one game in the Champions league youth competition and a semi final and final of the youth cup. He also played a couple of games in an under 21 international tournament they won under Patrick Viera. In terms of the under 19 league I don't think he played more than a couple of times.

My point being that Kelechi was not developed by the Academy. 

Anyway, ill shut the fuck up now lol.

Just checked the stats I keep (yeah sad  know) and I owe RFC Eagle an apology. 

In 2014/15 Kelechi played 7 games for the u21 side and 3 games in the FA Youth Cup team plus 1 for the 18 side so that is at least double of what I recalled.