Tynecastle FC vs Rangers

Guest Lloyd72

Friendly or not, fringe players or not thats a shocking result.......for me it offers a little insight into the goings on around Pedro and the football.

This is just another example of poor management, if its a youtg game then why are experience pro's being made to play that game......you can be a tough cookie in the dressing room, Walter was one of those but he was only tough when he had to be AND he commanded respect.

Pedro seems to do these things just for the sake of it, banish this one and that one. Leads to resentment and I'm sure there will be quite a few raising their eyebrows of his treatment to some.........atm he seems clueless to me.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

All very well, but who do you get in that would be guaranteed to be successful with this new group of players? Who would want to take a job where the board sack a guy they brought in early to assess a squad in a downward spiral, let him sign nine players in a window and then sack him weeks before the domestic season begins? 

Can't see there being a long list of high calibre management teams looking for an opportunity like that..m

Anybody would be an improvement on this clown. With him in charge we won't even finish 3rd. And there would be plenty of applicants. All managers expect the sack at some point and anyone with an ounce of sense would expect the boot after losing in such ignominious fashion to our two most bitter domestic rivals and then losing to arguably the worst team in the entire Europa League competition. No manager genuinely interested in the post would have any sympathy for what is happening to the clown - he is an object of ridicule anyway - and none would have the slightest hesitation in taking the job and all th risks that go with it. Indeed, a manager with character would relish it.

Can anyone confirm who was managing the team? Surely an under 20s game is under the control of the u20 management?

Dropping players out of the first team squad when they are not part of the managers plans happens all over the world, not sure why it's Pedro's fault if they are being given minutes by a different coach?

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Anybody would be an improvement on this clown. With him in charge we won't even finish 3rd. And there would be plenty of applicants. All managers expect the sack at some point and anyone with an ounce of sense would expect the boot after losing in such ignominious fashion to our two most bitter domestic rivals and then losing to arguably the worst team in the entire Europa League competition. No manager genuinely interested in the post would have any sympathy for what is happening to the clown - he is an object of ridicule anyway - and none would have the slightest hesitation in taking the job and all th risks that go with it. Indeed, a manager with character would relish it.

Aye, just like all the top managers were clamouring to take over from Warburton?!? I think there needs to be some realism applied to where we are at the moment, top managers want money to spend and time to implement their football - and a board that's not a complete basket case who would sack you before a domestic season begins after allowing you to sign 9 players.

A grip on reality is required.

I don't think the result counts for much but it does out for something. What was the age of the young lads for instance was it basically our under 17 team with a few senior players. 

The senior pros who played by and large are the ones who Pedro will bin. 

I am a very patient person and I have employed many staff who have taken time to find their feet. 

The players who have been brought in need to get match fit and find their feet very quickly or the pressure will become unbearable. 

My main worry is a lack of an obvious game plan. 

12 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Aye, just like all the top managers were clamouring to take over from Warburton?!? I think there needs to be some realism applied to where we are at the moment, top managers want money to spend and time to implement their football - and a board that's not a complete basket case who would sack you before a domestic season begins after allowing you to sign 9 players.

A grip on reality is required.

I'm not talking about top managers. I'm talking about competent ones.

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Get a grip? What is it with a selection of our fan base that take ages to grasp things are not going to work and all but certain to end in disaster? Yet want to give players and managers time when their clearly out of their depth!

The Europa League was the worst result in history, it's all-ready a disaster without mentioning his embarrassing results last season!

So we wait until xmas, where were sitting 2nd-4th, sack him and have a repeat of last season under Warburton? Sounds like perfect logic. Guy should have been sacked already, get in a proven experienced manager to steady the ship this season as we can't afford another finish outside the top 2 which is very possible under a manager who has no tactical knowledge.

Completely agree.

I can't comprehend how some folk want to continue with this guy.

Any decent manager would have got his team through that tie against Progres. Last season the 5-1 humping at Ibrox or the 2-0 defeat in the semi where we lay down to them and they didn't get out of second gear wouldn't have happened under a decent manager.

I asked my brother the other day, in world football could name a manager who went through so many embarrassments, took so many shocking defeats and turned it round and was successful? There are no examples that I can think of and the Sir Alex at United is nowhere near a resemblance.

So by simple logic, why do we continue? Why is Pedro Caixinha the one to stop a worldwide trend? 

6 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I'm not talking about top managers. I'm talking about competent ones.

Let's hear your suggestions then, who would be jumping for a job where they are expected to win every game but they only have a couple of weeks of preseason, they can't bring in any of their own players and they know the board might sack them before they get a chance to use the new signings?

Could only be someone not currently working, as we likely wouldn't pay compensation for a manager twice in a season especially with the pay off we'd need for Pedro's team. 

Just now, the_r_sole said:

Let's hear your suggestions then, who would be jumping for a job where they are expected to win every game but they only have a couple of weeks of preseason, they can't bring in any of their own players and they know the board might sack them before they get a chance to use the new signings?

Could only be someone not currently working, as we likely wouldn't pay compensation for a manager twice in a season especially with the pay off we'd need for Pedro's team. 

IF and it's a big IF, the board sack Caixinha they will do whatever it takes to get the right man in this time. If that means paying compensation they will.

IF they sack Caixinha, all signs would point to a logical appointment, and that would be McInnes.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Ryan_1 said:

IF and it's a big IF, the board sack Caixinha they will do whatever it takes to get the right man in this time. If that means paying compensation they will.

IF they sack Caixinha, all signs would point to a logical appointment, and that would be McInnes.

If we sack Caixinha it should not be the board appointing the manager it should be Mark Allen's job, he should already have a list of realistic possible replacements for the manager.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

If we sack Caixinha it should not be the board appointing the manager it should be Mark Allen's job, he should already have a list of realistic possible replacements for the manager.

Suppose you've got a point.

I would hope he is far more logical.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Again what if McInnes flops, how long does he get? 

Just now, smartypants said:

Again what if McInnes flops, how long does he get? 

Can't for the life of me seeing him flopping to the extent of Caixinha.

May not win us a league title, but certainly believe he can make a stint of it, challenge Celtic and importantly put us in a more stable situation.

We are miles behind Celtic, whether we want to admit it or not. 55 isn't happening this season or next. IT certainly isn't happening under Caixinha.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

McInnes refused the Sunderland job because of the instability of the board.... And he's had years at Aberdeen to build a team where he's given the luxury of not being expected to win every game, there's absolutely no guarantee he would cope at rangers, so how long do you give him? A few months with someone else's players? What if he came in and lost to Motherwell by a few goals?

Just now, the_r_sole said:

McInnes refused the Sunderland job because of the instability of the board.... And he's had years at Aberdeen to build a team where he's given the luxury of not being expected to win every game, there's absolutely no guarantee he would cope at rangers, so how long do you give him? A few months with someone else's players? What if he came in and lost to Motherwell by a few goals?

I'd put my neck on the line and say he won't do such a thing.

He'll stabilse us far better than Caixinha is going. We are going to be looking for a new manager at some point this season.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I'd put my neck on the line and say he won't do such a thing.

He'll stabilse us far better than Caixinha is going. We are going to be looking for a new manager at some point this season.

A manager can only stabilise a club with a combination of time and money, a luxury a third manager in a year wouldn't have.

And my question was a what if, it's possible that a manager coming in now would have a difficult start to the season, so just saying it wouldn't happen isn't really an answer.

4 hours ago, BigDak said:

What the fuck are you talking about? The Under 20's got beat. Granted, I would've liked to have seen a win but which other Under 20's results do people care about?

What the fuck am i talking about?  this is rangers no some pishy two bob team nae cunt cares about. If the jersey is too heavy for these frauds at any level in our set up its time for them to go. Every team we send out not only has to win bit win well. And its no an u20s result the game in question had 6 players playing for 45 mins that by the look of it are out of pedros plans, they should be bursting a gut to get in the team no pricking about. I do t know if its escaped your notice but this malaise seems to run through the club from top to bottom and needs stopped now.

6 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

A manager can only stabilise a club with a combination of time and money, a luxury a third manager in a year wouldn't have.

And my question was a what if, it's possible that a manager coming in now would have a difficult start to the season, so just saying it wouldn't happen isn't really an answer.

Did Walter Smith not stabilise the club in the time between Le Guen leaving and the end of that season? We secured 2nd place and even got a couple results against them. A foundation to build on for the next season. 

The players Walter had weren't his own, ok he brought in a couple smart signings like Weir and Ehiogu but the majority of his team was Le Guens. 

A good manager at least shows signs, gets a reaction, sorts the immediate problems. Caixinha has done nothing baring a fluke result against Aberdeen. 

Why should we continue? 

What if McInnes did actually have a couple bad results? Then same rule applies, why continue? However, there's a massive difference between having a couple bad results, sometimes that can happen in football, however Caixinha has been in charge for more than one embarrassing results and since he's been here I've yet to see one idea, one gameplan or one substitute he's made that effected the game. In my opinion he is the smart decision but that doesn't make me right, that's why the board/DOF are tasked with these duties. 

Chopping and changing managers is a modern way of thinking, it's not uncommon. It's up to the people making the decisions to get that right. If they continue to get that wrong then they should be looking at themselves. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Did Walter Smith not stabilise the club in the time between Le Guen leaving and the end of that season? We secured 2nd place and even got a couple results against them. A foundation to build on for the next season. 

The players Walter had weren't his own, ok he brought in a couple smart signings like Weir and Ehiogu but the majority of his team was Le Guens. 

A good manager at least shows signs, gets a reaction, sorts the immediate problems. Caixinha has done nothing baring a fluke result against Aberdeen. 

Why should we continue? 

What if McInnes did actually have a couple bad results? Then same rule applies, why continue? However, there's a massive difference between having a couple bad results, sometimes that can happen in football, however Caixinha has been in charge for more than one embarrassing results and since he's been here I've yet to see one idea, one gameplan or one substitute he's made that effected the game. In my opinion he is the smart decision but that doesn't make me right, that's why the board/DOF are tasked with these duties. 

Chopping and changing managers is a modern way of thinking, it's not uncommon. It's up to the people making the decisions to get that right. If they continue to get that wrong then they should be looking at themselves. 

Completely different when there's some good quality in the playing squad you take over!

Compare the players Smith inherited with what we have now, the squad needed overhauled when Pedro took over.

Any manager inheriting the squad Pedro did would not have been able to stabilise the club without significant investment in the playing squad, this was recognised universally.

I'll say it again, no decent manager would want to take over at a club who sack a manager in the middle of his first transfer window with a turnaround of 16 players and a newly appointed director of football - would show the club to be a basket case.(who have spent all their money)