Jump to content

Revolting Fans, Media Agitation and the almost inevitable 'Conflict'


buster.
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's one thing making a statement, it's another being able to back it up. I say that because there is a very real possibility we'll have to.

In this case, we'd be talking another long, costly and complicated road against the rest of Scottish football, including the authorities.

Not forgetting that you can probably add around 80% of the media to that opposition, which is extremely significant in terms of the type of 'struggle' it would be.

---------------

Last week, I read the statements from Celtic (Lawwell) and the Scottish football authorities (Lawwell) and could see the possibility of a strategy designed to 'get on with things' whilst Lawwell placated the fundamentalists with 'tough rhetoric' that would eventually be tossed into the long grass.

However, what I see now is the beginnings of another big campaign to maximise damage on the Rangers brand and it's not going to go away, it's going to grow. In other words, we're very probably going to have to back up what was written in statements.

This isn't just about the 'usual suspects' in green and grey spending their lives engrossed in Rangers matters. It's about another 'call to arms' (as per 2012) for fans of all clubs to get behind a movement that seeks to pressurise their clubs into pushing for action against Rangers.

Yesterday, we had someone whose Ibrox press privilages have already been removed (Chris McLaughlin), subtely agitating for fans to protest to their clubs about Rangers. He reported on his ad hoc poll of top tier clubs regards intentions, fair enough but he couldn't stress enough and he repeatedly said that it depends on the fans, ie. effectively an advert with the subtext 'if you want Rangers punished get protesting NOW'.....It reminded me of how in recent years he would do similar on Toxic Jack Irvine's behalf, effectively lobbying for spivs, ie. report on the story and then give it a slant (always the same way). 

Latter on Off the Ball with the openly anti-Rangers Stuart Cosgrove presenter, we had Celtic supporter Hugh McDonald waxing lyrical in another message that would encourage fans to protest against Rangers.

-----------------------

It's ironic when you have a programme that partly covers the anual/continual  'How do we improve Scottish Football' debate with the same answers year in, year out..............and shortly afterwards agitates for what would be Scottish football to actively look to self-harm, again.

-----------------------

Five years on from the botched summer of 2012, the Scottish footballing authorities have another difficult situation in front of them and remarkably, the same two CEO's are in charge.....so don't look for any leadership there. I think Lawwell will end up with more than he actually  bargained for after the statement of last week and he's helped opened another box from Pandora. 

Those fans in Scottish football who follow the lead of the Celtic fundamentalists might like to consider that Lawwell is plotting a route out of the Scottish League and it'll be them that are left to pick up the pieces.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9 July 2017 at 10:02 AM, buster. said:

It's one thing making a statement, it's another being able to back it up. I say that because there is a very real possibility we'll have to.

In this case, we'd be talking another long, costly and complicated road against the rest of Scottish football, including the authorities.

Not forgetting that you can probably add around 80% of the media to that opposition, which is extremely significant in terms of the type of 'struggle' it would be.

---------------

Last week, I read the statements from Celtic (Lawwell) and the Scottish football authorities (Lawwell) and could see the possibility of a strategy designed to 'get on with things' whilst Lawwell placated the fundamentalists with 'tough rhetoric' that would eventually be tossed into the long grass.

However, what I see now is the beginnings of another big campaign to maximise damage on the Rangers brand and it's not going to go away, it's going to grow. In other words, we're very probably going to have to back up what was written in statements.

This isn't just about the 'usual suspects' in green and grey spending their lives engrossed in Rangers matters. It's about another 'call to arms' (as per 2012) for fans of all clubs to get behind a movement that seeks to pressurise their clubs into pushing for action against Rangers.

Yesterday, we had someone whose Ibrox press privilages have already been removed (Chris McLaughlin), subtely agitating for fans to protest to their clubs about Rangers. He reported on his ad hoc poll of top tier clubs regards intentions, fair enough but he couldn't stress enough and he repeatedly said that it depends on the fans, ie. effectively an advert with the subtext 'if you want Rangers punished get protesting NOW'.....It reminded me of how in recent years he would do similar on Toxic Jack Irvine's behalf, effectively lobbying for spivs, ie. report on the story and then give it a slant (always the same way). 

Latter on Off the Ball with the openly anti-Rangers Stuart Cosgrove presenter, we had Celtic supporter Hugh McDonald waxing lyrical in another message that would encourage fans to protest against Rangers.

-----------------------

It's ironic when you have a programme that partly covers the anual/continual  'How do we improve Scottish Football' debate with the same answers year in, year out..............and shortly afterwards agitates for what would be Scottish football to actively look to self-harm, again.

-----------------------

Five years on from the botched summer of 2012, the Scottish footballing authorities have another difficult situation in front of them and remarkably, the same two CEO's are in charge.....so don't look for any leadership there. I think Lawwell will end up with more than he acyually  bargained for after the statement of last week and he's helped opened another box from Pandora. 

Those fans in Scottish football who follow the lead of the Celtic fundamentalists might like to consider that Lawwell is plotting a route out of the Scottish League and it'll be them that are left to pick up the pieces.

 

Lawwell plotting a route out of the Scottish league ?? Where are they going ??

The English certainly wouldn't want this vile club & the IRA-supporting hordes attached to it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The hustler said:

Lawwell plotting a route out of the Scottish league ?? Where are they going ??

The English certainly wouldn't want this vile club & the IRA-supporting hordes attached to it

He is certainly plotting a route OUT. 

The success or otherwise / timescale are open to question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are an embarrassment of a club.I mean c'mon to fuck within seconds of the ruling they had a statement out its laughable there obsession with us. But I agree we should not sit back and take any shite from any clubs boards etc we need to fight and show that by no mistake we are the biggest club in scotland and the most successful club in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been said a thousand times but the only way to make a stand is to boycott away matches and a lot of the support just won't do it.... which is fine each to their own personally for me it's cut and dry I will not give any other club in Scotland any of my hard earned cash. All our away matches are televised for us to see. The only other argument is "support for the team" at away venues which is a fair point but sometimes making a stand is more important...I'm not going to slate fellow bears who do still go to these venues but I just think you can't moan about it then continue to fund them anyway ?..... Another life example for me is I detest the Catholic Church and all it's wrong doings and in return that church detests those of my faith so fair enuff what I don't do is stick 20/30 quid in their charity box twice a year to fund them that would be madness in my eyes...others can pick holes in that analogy but that's just my perspective on the issue.

fuck all these other clubs every single one of them.....the power is with the people and they need us more than we need them that's for certain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

It's been said a thousand times but the only way to make a stand is to boycott away matches and a lot of the support just won't do it.... which is fine each to their own personally for me it's cut and dry I will not give any other club in Scotland any of my hard earned cash. All our away matches are televised for us to see. The only other argument is "support for the team" at away venues which is a fair point but sometimes making a stand is more important...I'm not going to slate fellow bears who do still go to these venues but I just think you can't moan about it then continue to fund them anyway ?..... Another life example for me is I detest the Catholic Church and all it's wrong doings and in return that church detests those of my faith so fair enuff what I don't do is stick 20/30 quid in their charity box twice a year to fund them that would be madness in my eyes...others can pick holes in that analogy but that's just my perspective on the issue.

fuck all these other clubs every single one of them.....the power is with the people and they need us more than we need them that's for certain.

I stand right beside you with that post, Brother ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The hustler said:

Lawwell plotting a route out of the Scottish league ?? Where are they going ??

The English certainly wouldn't want this vile club & the IRA-supporting hordes attached to it

There are more beggar lovers down here than you think - don't rule anything out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickie1963 said:

I keep coming on to find out what Gordon Wallace of Sunday Mail has said. Presumably he will have had his tuppence worth but no Rangers fans actually read his paper so nobody has commented on it 

Some willing poster should be 'appointed' as Chief C&P of online newspaper articles (without leaving link) and leave no reason for anyone to go into the publications website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

It's been said a thousand times but the only way to make a stand is to boycott away matches and a lot of the support just won't do it.... which is fine each to their own personally for me it's cut and dry I will not give any other club in Scotland any of my hard earned cash. All our away matches are televised for us to see. The only other argument is "support for the team" at away venues which is a fair point but sometimes making a stand is more important...I'm not going to slate fellow bears who do still go to these venues but I just think you can't moan about it then continue to fund them anyway ?..... Another life example for me is I detest the Catholic Church and all it's wrong doings and in return that church detests those of my faith so fair enuff what I don't do is stick 20/30 quid in their charity box twice a year to fund them that would be madness in my eyes...others can pick holes in that analogy but that's just my perspective on the issue.

fuck all these other clubs every single one of them.....the power is with the people and they need us more than we need them that's for certain.

We continue to fill these cunts grounds up yet our away record is shite so I don't think the go and support your team argument is a valid one. A one season boycott is all it would take to bring these cunts to their knees. Gate money,programs and other merchandise,local pubs and cafes,bus companies,how much revenue are you talking about per season. We had the biggest traveling support at every ground apart from at fir park last year and that was to follow a shite team. If Rangers themselves asked us to boycott these cunts and organised under 20s games at Ibrox on match days charging say £5 then I think the fans would back it. In what other walk of life would you continue to do business with someone who hated you and when you visited their premises treated you like shit 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, buster. said:

He is certainly plotting a route OUT. 

The success or otherwise / timescale are open to question.

That's lieswells job ,to make as much cash as possible for shareholders ,what proves this he earned full bonus one year when they won nothing ,

There are a couple of stories iv heard in the last few weeks ,one,they are actively trying to punt dembelle to the epl for 25m and nobody is interested, maybe when things get desperate near the end of the window somebody will probably take a punt on him 

Story 2,fritzel has apparently said that they will be selling some of their top players in the next few weeks and will need to find replacements 

These stories I heard were from national media sources not the Scottish mainstream that they have a tight hold of 

Ira fc are a money making operation first and foremost success on the park is a secondary plan ,fritzel is making a small fortune from them ,the rhats eyes are blind to this while they keep winning against hamstrung opposition,the minute we get a successful side on the pitch the whole rancid structure of this vicious organisation will start to collapse 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, buster. said:

It's one thing making a statement, it's another being able to back it up. I say that because there is a very real possibility we'll have to.

In this case, we'd be talking another long, costly and complicated road against the rest of Scottish football, including the authorities.

Not forgetting that you can probably add around 80% of the media to that opposition, which is extremely significant in terms of the type of 'struggle' it would be.

---------------

Last week, I read the statements from Celtic (Lawwell) and the Scottish football authorities (Lawwell) and could see the possibility of a strategy designed to 'get on with things' whilst Lawwell placated the fundamentalists with 'tough rhetoric' that would eventually be tossed into the long grass.

However, what I see now is the beginnings of another big campaign to maximise damage on the Rangers brand and it's not going to go away, it's going to grow. In other words, we're very probably going to have to back up what was written in statements.

This isn't just about the 'usual suspects' in green and grey spending their lives engrossed in Rangers matters. It's about another 'call to arms' (as per 2012) for fans of all clubs to get behind a movement that seeks to pressurise their clubs into pushing for action against Rangers.

Yesterday, we had someone whose Ibrox press privilages have already been removed (Chris McLaughlin), subtely agitating for fans to protest to their clubs about Rangers. He reported on his ad hoc poll of top tier clubs regards intentions, fair enough but he couldn't stress enough and he repeatedly said that it depends on the fans, ie. effectively an advert with the subtext 'if you want Rangers punished get protesting NOW'.....It reminded me of how in recent years he would do similar on Toxic Jack Irvine's behalf, effectively lobbying for spivs, ie. report on the story and then give it a slant (always the same way). 

Latter on Off the Ball with the openly anti-Rangers Stuart Cosgrove presenter, we had Celtic supporter Hugh McDonald waxing lyrical in another message that would encourage fans to protest against Rangers.

-----------------------

It's ironic when you have a programme that partly covers the anual/continual  'How do we improve Scottish Football' debate with the same answers year in, year out..............and shortly afterwards agitates for what would be Scottish football to actively look to self-harm, again.

-----------------------

Five years on from the botched summer of 2012, the Scottish footballing authorities have another difficult situation in front of them and remarkably, the same two CEO's are in charge.....so don't look for any leadership there. I think Lawwell will end up with more than he actually  bargained for after the statement of last week and he's helped opened another box from Pandora. 

Those fans in Scottish football who follow the lead of the Celtic fundamentalists might like to consider that Lawwell is plotting a route out of the Scottish League and it'll be them that are left to pick up the pieces.

 

And the one most critical think you don't mention .

6 years ago .The Scottish Governing body riddled with tarriers put in place ,never said a word for months .

They took no initial responsibility of quelling any of the hate .They just let the circus carry on until they looked to cave in to our enemies demands 

The same is happening all over again it seems .Not a dicky bird from these mutant loving bastards 

I tell you here and now .They are going to try to pull the same stunt as 6 years ago 

Our club better get its act together and sharpish 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawell has to keep the shouting horde's onside, so he has a dig at us. However he knows that they're fuck all without us. Which team had to close stands, when we were out of the top league? It wasn't Rangers! Hell we were getting more into the stadium than they were, when some fans were boycotting our games. We never had to cover thousands of seats with tarpaulin. Just think, they bastards wanted to kill our club, and they nearly killed their own club. Last season they were queuing round the block, for season tickets, why? Because the only show in town were back, RANGERS! Celtic know, or the honest fans do, that they're nothing without us. Could we survive without them? Getting crowds of 40-50,000 at Ibrox, every other week, against the likes of, Alloa, Clyde, East Stirling, Brechin, and Hibs, answers my question. 

I made a New Years resolution, in the 1980's, not to go back to their Piggery, and give them a single penny. I've kept that resolution, the only one I've ever kept. Although I did attend a game at the Piggery, but it was not against them, it might've been St. Johnstone, in a cup game, but it was the SFA that were getting my money, and Rangers would get some of it. Unlike in a league game where they get to keep all the money. They give us 8,000-8,500 tickets, for games at the Piggery. They charge, close to £50 a ticket. Doing my sums here, we give them £400,000-£450,000 every game. That's nearly £1 million every season. I'd rather use my £50 to watch it in the Rangers club than give it to them. I'm not telling anyone not to follow the team away from home, it is your decision, and I'll respect it. I'm just giving you the way I see things. I better stop now.??

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Always been their agenda, thats why they wanted to kill us off.

If they could find a route out of Scottish football, it would take their (the PLC re.business reasons) need for us to be providing competition out of the equation.

As it stands, the Celtic board/PLC have to consider the enviroment they play within and implications of any actions they pursue but at the sametime they have to keep their 'customers' onside. 

Celtic (Lawwell) and the SPFL (Lawwell) probably thought they could manage this without having to take this matter further but still keeping fans more or less onside and then when the football started again, it would drift into fundamentalist green & grey cyberspace land. 

However, what we have is heavy agitation towards reopening matters and a vacum that has next to no football matches.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turned on Radio Scotland and their Good Morning programme and it had a feature on the 'National Clean Sport Week'.

I wonder if they'd have given it so many minutes or any time at all if circumstances weren't what they were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For that mob to leave Scottish football they would probably have to start at the bottom of the pile and work the way up the ladder. They don't have a loyal enough fan base for that to happen.

During our 9IAR they we getting sub 15k gates on a regular basis for league games unlike Rangers who've been kicked from pillar to post for 6 years now and still sell out for league games.

They will get good gates when they are winning but put them in our situation and you'll see just how much of a glory hunting fan base they have just like in the early to mid 90s.

Oh and the English won't tolerate the disgusting terrorist banners we see up here on a regular basis. They would be the most hated team in the English league by far once the English media spotlight was put on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes me smile to think of the green and grey, unwashed, terrorist supporting, paedophile excusers and goon brigade going to away games like Chelsea, Milwall, Leeds Utd etc

We saw what happened to them in Holland and it's nothing to what they would get in London.

It isn't going to happen though. The English Leagues don't want them. Never have, never will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2017 at 10:13 AM, The hustler said:

Lawwell plotting a route out of the Scottish league ?? Where are they going ??

The English certainly wouldn't want this vile club & the IRA-supporting hordes attached to it

Straight to a shallow grave on the Irish border with a .45 hole in between his slitty eyes I would hope.

They are a team which in my opinion shouldn't even be plying their trade in Scotland because of their child molesting history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/07/2017 at 3:37 PM, Dickie said:

We continue to fill these cunts grounds up yet our away record is shite so I don't think the go and support your team argument is a valid one. A one season boycott is all it would take to bring these cunts to their knees. Gate money,programs and other merchandise,local pubs and cafes,bus companies,how much revenue are you talking about per season. We had the biggest traveling support at every ground apart from at fir park last year and that was to follow a shite team. If Rangers themselves asked us to boycott these cunts and organised under 20s games at Ibrox on match days charging say £5 then I think the fans would back it. In what other walk of life would you continue to do business with someone who hated you and when you visited their premises treated you like shit 

One season? I think a handful of away games would get it done. As soon as the other clubs saw that the Rangers support was serious they would change their tune. This is absolutely THE ONLY thing that is going to make a difference. 

 

Can you imagine the bottles crashing all over Scotland if Dave Kings next statement was that RFC were declining all away ticket allocations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2017 at 10:13 AM, The hustler said:

Lawwell plotting a route out of the Scottish league ?? Where are they going ??

The English certainly wouldn't want this vile club & the IRA-supporting hordes attached to it

If they are crazy enough to vote for Corbyn's cunts, septic are a shoe-in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 26 January 2022 19:45 Until 21:45
      0  
      Rangers v Livingston
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...