Is Pedro Caixinha a dead man walking? 

Virtuoso

I originally thought he could do a much better job than Warburton, be a much tougher and stronger leader and produce a side that is a proper Rangers title challenging side.   The positives were all his pre-season stuff about seeing a very different Rangers team this season with 'mens' (his word) who had the characteristics he described so often and with the objective and capability to (again his words) 'win, win, win' and he arrived with a shopping list of players who could quickly replace the Warburton weaklings and be ready in time for the EL games and the new season. 

Well I've tuned out of Caixinha now.   The fundamental reason is despite having had bags of time to assess the squad, and having been backed to get the players in that he identified as first choices (even accepting that Alves was on international duty and Dorrans was not yet signed) he nevertheless failed to produce a side capable of scoring more than one goal against lowly Luxembourg part timers, but which was very able to concede 2 goals and lose the game.   A game of some importance and some significance.   Having waited 6 years for the chance of European football, and having been handed the most straightforward of qualifying round tasks, and having been given the resources to produce a winning side, and having  been given plenty of time to prepare for the games........he failed.    And failed badly.

If he cannot overcome that sort of hurdle then imo there is no chance he can handle the demands of the SPFL and the demands to produce a proper and competitive Rangers title-challenging side.   He is all talk with nothing by way of result to back it up.   Too early to judge?   Maybe, but right now I've seen enough of him and have tuned out from him.    The games up to and including the first OF game in Sept will, imo, seal his fate.   If they go badly then I cannot see him lasting beyond Sept. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the appointment as it was always going to be massively risky, especially with a significant outlay on players he has chose to bring in. If it fails for him the board will come in for a lot of criticism and rightfully so.

On the other hand, he's the manager of Rangers and has my support. It would be brilliant if he turned us around but if your being realistic we're miles from turning any corners.

If he wins the OF game how long does he get then? What if he lost half his matches prior to winning it? What if we lose The OF match but are still ahead of Celtic? 

We can't simply say if he loses The OF match he should be gone. All we can do is see how the first 3 or 4 matches go then revisit the situation.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Last season myself and others were constantly told 'he needs his own players' now after being backed this is being changed to 'he needs time with the new signings'.. The line continues to change from some. Pedro has not shown a single quality to suggest he can turn it around!

Surely, if you accepted he needed his own players that giving a few of his new signings some minutes in a very early game doesn't really count as him having a chance to shape the squad? It's hardly people changing the line - he did need his own players before he can be judged and we haven't seen them yet.

Not convinced that 9 out 9 of his signings will be hugely successful either but hard to judge any of them until we see them in a few games with a settled first team/starting 11 imo

But you do prove the point, he will never change some peoples opinions no matter what he does.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Nice to see you conveniently ignore were I said he can change my opinion of him....

you didn't want him here and you still don't want him here and the only way you will change your opinion is if he wins the league next season?!  Didn't think it was worth picking that up tbh.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Why do we share blatant hate-pieces on our club on this forum? All I took from that is King is a fanny, a reminder about liquidation, demoted to the fourth tier and yet another mention of getting those 4 titles took off us. 

Not a single newspaper can give a balanced piece on Rangers, it's always wrote in the form of an attack on us. Sick of the shite. 

Even mentions our 'hubris' :whistle:

Just surprised he never threw in an 'omnishambles'.  

Honestly, I think his signings have been great. OK, Dalcio is the only one who hasn't looked the best but I fully expect him to develop further over the course of the season. The rest haven't really played (apart from Jack who's looked good so far)

The big issue for me is tactics. I can never tell what formation or system we're playing half the time I watch us. There's no pattern of play. He's said before he's wanted us to play with width and it's probably our weakest area at the moment if we consider a full team available. We always look sloppy, we look way too fluid and always get caught out of position, and we create fuck all in terrms of chances. I also think he definitely lost the dressing room last season, and some of the players who are still there from last season are still here because they want to be at our club and think they can outlast him (see Halliday's loan, for example). I also think this definitely contributed to us losing McKay.

Said this before, but I think if he loses the Hibs game at Ibrox, which would be unthinkable, would leave the board with no choice but to get shot of him.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Why do we share blatant hate-pieces on our club on this forum? All I took from that is King is a fanny, a reminder about liquidation, demoted to the fourth tier and yet another mention of getting those 4 titles took off us. 

Not a single newspaper can give a balanced piece on Rangers, it's always wrote in the form of an attack on us. Sick of the shite. 

Virtuoso thrives on such articles.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I want Pedro gone, didn't want him in the first place either tbh. However, if he takes 16+ points from the first 6 games I wont be calling for his head, even if we lose a game or two after this.

Kenny Miller changed my opinion of him completely, the manager can do so by winning the league this season, however I just can't see any evidence he will turn it around. Last season myself and others were constantly told 'he needs his own players' now after being backed this is being changed to 'he needs time with the new signings'.. The line continues to change from some. Pedro has not shown a single quality to suggest he can turn it around!

There's no if's, but's or maybes about this, the manager has overseen the worst result in the history of our great club and two others that make the top 10. 

Dalcio, Canedias and Morelos look absolutely hopeless and I don't care if it's only been brief moments we've seen them, before they were signed I had concerns. Same as Herrera. Dorrans, Cardoso and Alves will be good signings but is it enough? Jack is an above average SPL level footballer and Pena is unknown.

Warburton had a bigger turnaround and made it work, but that seems to be ignored by some of our fan-base and apparently it's too 'difficult' to form a team capable of beating a part time Luxembourg team over two legs!

Know people want to point to some terrible results the scum have had in Europe, but it's completely different circumstances. The manager has been here for some months now, Strachan losing 5-0 was his first game in charge against a far higher standard of team than to the 4th best team in Luxembourg. They also smashed Artmedia 4-0 in the return leg. The scum turned around the 1-0 defeat to Red Imps last year. You can look past one poor result if you perform in the return leg, but we were terrible in both ties and went out to a part time team who had scored 1 goal in Europe before. The comparisons don't wash with me and what we've seen from him since his arrival has been extremely poor to say the least.

We all want him to succeed similar to the dud managers before him but I've also not seen one thing that convinces me he can turn it around. I hope he proves me completely wrong though.

6 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

He would need to lead us a to the Treble, ECWC, D Day landings and be on a Big White Horse at the Boyne. 

A title would do for me mate, i would part with every penny i possess to make it happen.

No Rangers manager should still be in the job after that humiliation on Tuesday, in fact no Rangers manager should be in the job after  losing 5-1 at home to the tarriers.

This time next year he'll be an embarrassing footnote in our history along with his band of Latin American and Portuguese nobodies as we try to rebuild yet again.

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Horror show last week aye, but everyone on here seems to have him done already, and our season wrote off already. Fuckin hell. Anyone mind the taigs getting fucked 5-0 in a qualifier at Artmedia Bratislava and scooshing the league the same season. Aye it was horrible last week but come on to fuck let his new signings actually have a Rangers top on 1st.

Don't remember them conceding 5 at home to us, or 26 year record against Aberdeen either for that matter.

12 minutes ago, Sket said:

Maximum points up to and including the filth game. Anything less and he needs to go.

I think that is an unrealistic condition to put on ANY manager, nevermind Pedro.

We could sack him today and bring in the worlds greatest manager tomorrow. Would the new man be sacked if that condition wasn't met?

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Yeah, like it or not we have to give him some time to show his signings are good, and that we can compete.

At the moment it doesn't look promising but early/pre season form is often very deceptive.

Deceptive? Aye we might be even worse than we've looked so far.