Is Pedro Caixinha a dead man walking? 

Virtuoso

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I think that is an unrealistic condition to put on ANY manager, nevermind Pedro.

We could sack him today and bring in the worlds greatest manager tomorrow. Would the name man be sacked if that condition wasn't met?

No,because the new man wouldn't have been repsonsible for our biggest ever home defeat to them,losing a 20 odd year record to fucking Aberdeen and an absolutely disgraceful 180 minutes against the 4th best team in Luxembourg.

The honeymoon period is well over. Maximum points or get him so far to fuck out the door. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, andy500 said:

The majority of his signings haven't even played 90 minutes of football for us.

• Bruno Alves - 0
  • Graham Dorrans - 0
  • Carlos Pena - 0
  • Eduardo Herrera - 15
  • Alfredo Morelos - 60
  • Daniel Candeias - 75
  • Dalcio - 135
  • Fabio Cardoso - 180
  • Ryan Jack - 180

If he has a plan for this season, we haven't yet gotten the chance to see it. The qualifier was an absolute disaster - but we have 3 of the biggest signings we've made in years to join the team before the league season kicks off. A few good results in a row, and we have every chance of doing something. 

it is one thing to have a plan for this season and another thing to eleminate part-timers from luxembourg. even one of the smallest clubs of austria - scr altach - managed to qualify for the next round in this europaleague.

i still can't believe he played with 4 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders. even if he has no idea about football - he should have sent the rangers squad with three simple words on the pitch: attack, attack, attack (or i will kill you)

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Deceptive? Aye we might be even worse than we've looked so far.

Haha. True. 

However the crux is the board had enough belief in him to sanction his spending. They can't just bin him after the first two matches a month before the league season starts. 

I said at the time I don't think he is the right man - I think we played worse under him than we did under Warburton. However, we have to give him a month or two with his own team. He will most likely fail, but the board have made their bed and have to give him his shot.

1 minute ago, viennacalling said:

it is one thing to have a plan for this season and another thing to eleminate part-timers from luxembourg. even one of the smallest clubs of austria - scr altach - managed to qualify for the next round in this europaleague.

i still can't believe he played with 4 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders. even if he has no idea about football - he should have sent the rangers squad with three simple words on the pitch: attack, attack, attack (or i will kill you)

Well if his idea was to protect a 1-0 lead with a thrown together squad then it didn't work, I would have had no problems with him parking the bus, that should have been easy considering the opposition but he achieved neither

Any Rangers manager is on borrowed time, the pressure is non-stop. It's just that he has ramped up the pressure even more now. Rangers support need to learn to ease off a little and chill-the-f*ck-out. Yes I want to win every game. Yes it is painful. And then we move on. 

Don't think it is too much to ask supporters to hold fire until we see how the start of the season goes. It's not like we can just pay him off and bring in another manager as easily as some seem to think we can.

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Well if his idea was to protect a 1-0 lead with a thrown together squad then it didn't work, I would have had no problems with him parking the bus, that should have been easy considering the opposition but he achieved neither

i still can't believe that we lost there... no disrespect to those crazy lads from luxembourg but that was the easiest team to beat in the history of rangers. fact

we have a manager whose friend brought him back from isolation at feckin qatar - rangers are paying a heavy price for trusting an agent. i write it again: every manager of germany's third tier has a better understanding of the game compared to this clown

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

It's not an excuse but a turnaround of 16 players coming in and going out in the space of 4 weeks was always going to be difficult to overcome.

Also don't think the ridiculously early start helped either with no actual real friendlies played. Playing games at training grounds is never going to prepare players for the real thing and that's probably the biggest mistake Pedro made this summer

On paper we have a squad that should wipe the floor with most teams in the league let's wait and see where we are after the first 3 games that will give a real indication of what kind of season we will have.

And how good do you think the Luxembourg lot's preparation was?

They had 7 newcomers in their team, apparently, all of whom will have been of a lower standing than ours (or you'd hope!).

Folk are far too ready to excuse abject failure - it's something we've been far too ready to do over the last few years.

The fact he hasn't been sacked already and seeing how much time we gave Warburton, I think he'll get the season, regardless of how bad results are (excluding being in a relegation fight)

We're stuck with this clown and has players, might as well show them some support 

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Why do we share blatant hate-pieces on our club on this forum? All I took from that is King is a fanny, a reminder about liquidation, demoted to the fourth tier and yet another mention of getting those 4 titles took off us. 

Not a single newspaper can give a balanced piece on Rangers, it's always wrote in the form of an attack on us. Sick of the shite. 

Because the forum is full of self loathing so called fans who appear to relish when we fail more than when we win, more than ever, on the back of the last 6 years we need supporters not fans.  

Still trying to remain positive about the, yet to start, season ahead. 

Most of the players failed to perform to anything like the standard required however over and above that I'm afraid this is all on the management team. Even taking into account the very short time he's had to work with them there is absolutely no relevant excuse anybody can seriously offer for this exit. 

Tactical awareness, proffessinal application, even the fundamental hunger were all missing both home and away and that for me that is just unforgivable. He spoke of needing warriors out on the pitch willing to fight for him before the summer recruitment drive yet the glaring lack of this was very evident from the games I watched. In these pre season qualifiers when players haven't had time to gell and fitness levels are low you rely on the manager to motivate the team and impress his will on them to get through the tie by any means necessary .  This is what's so alarming for me,  it didn't happen and we cannot have that at Rangers.......NOT AGAIN!

It's been 5 days now and I'm honestly stil struggling to take that result in. In short if Pedro is unable to negotiate his squad through that tie over two legs there is very little anyone can say in his defence. I hate to admit it but even now this early into his tenure, given the simplicity of the task he's just failed it very much looks like the writing is on the wall for him already.

Naturally I hope with all my heart I'm wrong, if I am I'll come one here and gladly admit it. He has to realise the gravity of the job though no excuses will suffice. This club needs back on track and quickly, now more than ever before.

My goodness. Here's me thinking I was impatient. Now, when was the last time a Scottish team got past the qualiers in the EL, outwith the scum after dropping down from the CL qualifiers?

That's right!

Here we are, immediately after our first season back in the top tier with abject dross still playing for us, but we seem to still suffer from the god given right to beat any shite team team that is put in front of us. A feat I may add that no Scottish team in these EL qualifiers have achieved in god knows how many years.

We have PC trying to cobble together a brand new team, of signings just two minutes in the fucking door and most of whom didn't start and the rest made up of dross, yet here were about to pull the trigger?!

Sure, we are Rangers, but we are NOT Rangers of old, gifted with an abundance of talent up against the dross of old. Continental teams have moved forward leaps and bounds whilst the Scottish game has literally went down the shit pan and none more so than us.

Some really do need the reality check, as we are no longer who some think we are. Those halcion days are long fucking gone. We have to re-establish ourselves on merit with limited funds. Whilst these new signings are hopefully an improvement, they will need game time together, playing in a new system. That is yet to happen. 

We were beaten by minnows, but established minnows who know their own game, whilst we fielded a team laden with last season's roasters. Now just WTF do we expect and if anyone actually thought we could actually qualify for this second rate tournament, then they are living on cloud cuckoo land.

I have no fucking idea wether PC will turn out good or bad, as we have yet to see HIS team established and playing together and then I will judge. He is due that much.

As disappointing as the result was, we do need a reality check. His players are here now, so WTF would any new manager achieve in taking them over? We would be subjected to the same old pish excuses as we are beaten, "well they're not his players". 

Well there aint no more fucking money for more players under a new manager, so better we all fasten the seat belts and hope that this board got it right for once, because there is little alternative.

I do expect improvement and my gut feeling, if nothing else, tells me that we will, but there will be no  miracles, as the last magic hat that we put on a pedestal in our knee jerk initial judgement, left us right in the shitter. Just how good was that judgement in the end?! Absolute pish and here we have that very same knee jerk judgement, but only in reverse. 

Maybe a time to reflect and get to grips with the reality, because over the next few months we are in for a very bumpy ride both on and off the park.

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

Virtuoso thrives on such articles.

:sarcasm:

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Because the forum is full of self loathing so called fans who appear to relish when we fail more than when we win, more than ever, on the back of the last 6 years we need supporters not fans.  

Still trying to remain positive about the, yet to start, season ahead. 

Let's just forget the two 5-1 drubbings (one of which was our worst home defeat).

Aberdeens away record of 26 years without a win fucked.

Or the fact we barely scraped a win at home to a part time team and subsequently suffered the worst away defeat by any Scottish team in Europe - this with a team that he brought in.

We'll just pretend everything is fucking rosey will we.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

My goodness. Here's me thinking I was impatient. Now, when was the last time a Scottish team got past the qualiers in the EL, outwith the scum after dropping down from the CL qualifiers?

That's right!

Maybe a time to reflect and get to grips with the reality, because over the next few months we are in for a very bumpy ride both on and off the park.

It's the team that put us out that's the issue. It's inexcusable and he should have been shown the door for it.

That's the reality.

I think we need to pull ourselves together. We're right to have a period of 'mourning' following such a dreadful European result. We are right to be privately sceptical about a manager whose pedigree is questionable and signing policy appears risky. 

However, as much as it felt like it at the time, going out of the Europa league is in itself not a disaster. Celtic lost to a part time team from Gilbralter last season yet finished the season undefeated. We can't let one result set the tone for the new season. We need to get over this asap and find a way of injecting some of that lost positivity back into the support.

I won't support him blindly but I'd say we've got to give him until December before firming up our judgements. We need to firmly back him and the players and they need to feel that backing to allow the best environment for them to perform.

If we get off to a good start and crucially get a result in the first Old Firm all will be forgotten re Europe. Who knows, it might even work in our favour not to have the Thursday night games affecting our league campaign. I'm not convinced we yet have the depth of quality in our squad to cope.

Last point.....I don't want to see us pull off a crazy 'Flo' type deal, but if there was ever a time for Dave King to pull a rabbit out the hat in the transfer market....even a good quality loan signing....now would be the time. It was great getting Dorrans in but a high quality forward....central or wide.....would really help inject some self belief back into the support.

18 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Agreed no question it was on a par with Berwick. 

Berwick was before my time but i was at the Ibrox game when Annan beat us, never thought it would get as low as that again, i was wrong.

He's finished. No doubt about it. There is no way in hell he can or will turn this shambles around. First 3 statements, opinion only. It's only a matter of time before everyone else joins the Pedro out bandwagon i feel. We are once again going through the motions wasting time until the board grow a set of balls and do what is needed. Any win over provincial dross will simply be papering over the cracks, first points dropped of the season will bring huge criticism from those who wanted him out long ago saying they were right and the other side doubting further but still not quite on the bandwagon just yet, then the first heavy defeat which could actually come any week of the season, i think the majority will then jump on. 

My worry with this group of players is, they always look like one goal away from a capitulation. We are not solid, we are not strong, we are not dominating, we are not even a threat, to anyone. We are absolutely shite. Dorrans, Pena and Alves should make a difference but it still leaves huge questions marks in other areas of the team. They are only 3 players. We need 11 good players, all working for each other, all comfortable on the ball, all hungry to win. We are miles away from that. 

When a manager gets to this sort of situation where the players are clearly not trying or playing for him, there is generally only ever one winner and it isn't him. 

37 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's right!

Here we are, immediately after our first season back in the top tier with abject dross still playing for us, but we seem to still suffer from the god given right to beat any shite team team that is put in front of us. A feat I may add that no Scottish team in these EL qualifiers have achieved in god knows how many years.

We have PC trying to cobble together a brand new team, of signings just two minutes in the fucking door and most of whom didn't start and the rest made up of dross, yet here were about to pull the trigger?!

Sure, we are Rangers, but we are NOT Rangers of old, gifted with an abundance of talent up against the dross of old. Continental teams have moved forward leaps and bounds whilst the Scottish game has literally went down the shit pan and none more so than us.

Some really do need the reality check, as we are no longer who some think we are. Those halcion days are long fucking gone. We have to re-establish ourselves on merit with limited funds. Whilst these new signings are hopefully an improvement, they will need game time together, playing in a new system. That is yet to happen. 

We were beaten by minnows, but established minnows who know their own game, whilst we fielded a team laden with last season's roasters. Now just WTF do we expect and if anyone actually thought we could actually qualify for this second rate tournament, then they are living on cloud cuckoo land.

I have no fucking idea wether PC will turn out good or bad, as we have yet to see HIS team established and playing together and then I will judge. He is due that much.

As disappointing as the result was, we do need a reality check. His players are here now, so WTF would any new manager achieve in taking them over? We would be subjected to the same old pish excuses as we are beaten, "well they're not his players". 

Well there aint no more fucking money for more players under a new manager, so better we all fasten the seat belts and hope that this board got it right for once, because there is little alternative.

I do expect improvement and my gut feeling, if nothing else, tells me that we will, but there will be no  miracles, as the last magic hat that we put on a pedestal in our knee jerk initial judgement, left us right in the shitter. Just how good was that judgement in the end?! Absolute pish and here we have that very same knee jerk judgement, but only in reverse. 

Get what you are saying here I do. We need to temper our expectations but come on man. I fully expected us to get past the part timers then to have at least had a real fight with the Cypriots for qualification which being brutally honest I expected us to struggle given they are an established team.

I don't think that's too much to expect and I don't think anything other than that is acceptable even taking into account where we are in the grand scheme of things.

40 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

:sarcasm:

Let's just forget the two 5-1 drubbings (one of which was our worst home defeat).

Aberdeens away record of 26 years without a win fucked.

Or the fact we barely scraped a win at home to a part time team and subsequently suffered the worst away defeat by any Scottish team in Europe - this with a team that he brought in.

We'll just pretend everything is fucking rosey will we.

Thanks for reminding us, I'd forgot all about those results.

I was positively buzzing before I read that article.