Virtuoso

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Pish.

plus, he doesn't need our support necessarily, he needs the support of the team first and foremost and it looks like he might no even have that. 

What's pish?

Look even at this thread alone. Support for him is minimal. This won't disappear by the 1st league game and if we're not winning by half time he and the players will be getting all sorts fired at them and booed off the park.

Many minds are made up already it's just how long (minutes not matches or months) before they vocally turn.

Best case scenario for PC is we hit the ground running and he silences those who want him gone. Doubt he'll get them onside as supporters of him but at least the bitterness towards him will have (at least temporarily) waned.

But don't kid yourself on he'll be supported by the large majority, he won't. 

Normally when a new manager comes in he will have a three year plan, to get the club to where the support believes it should be. Not at Rangers though. Oh no no no! Some won't even give him 3 months to turn things round. Last seasons results don't count, as he was playing with players not of his choosing. The Europa league result was a tragedy, but it was only our 2nd game as a new team. Some of the players can't even communicate with each other yet. Those that don't speak English should be in a course, right now, learning to speak, and understand the language. Look at the taigs last season, getting beat by Lincoln Red Imps, of Gibraltar, and getting absolutely, atrociously, humped 7-0, 8-0, or 9-0, whatever the score was, by Barcelona. Yet they went on to win the treble, being undefeated whilst doing so ( That really hurt typing that).

We need to give Pedro ONE full season, at least, to see how good, or bad, he has performed. The taigs are still too strong just now, however we need to be there, or there about, in the remainder of the season. Finishing 2nd is not what we're used to at Rangers, but we have to adjust our targets due to the financial situation at our club.

I'd give Pedro the FULL season, then see if we've progressed, or regressed under his management. If we've progressed, I'd give him another season, however, we MUST stop the taigs from reaching ten in a row. I'd much rather stop them before title number eight, but that doesn't look likely at this moment in time.

Give the man a chance. Keep off his back, let him do things his way. If he fails, he'll be gone sooner or later. Right now we need a bit of stability in the club. We can't keep getting in a whole new team every transfer window. We fans need to back our team, and keep the moaning and groaning to ourselves, don't let the rest of Scotland have something to beat us with. Stop recording idiots, in Rangers colours, breaking the law, then posting it on The YouTube, or Facebook, etc. Get behind Pedro, and the team. No more booing the team off at halftime just because it's 0-0, or we're not performing very well. My old granny used to say, she's long gone now, " If you've nothing good to say then say nothing" that's what we should be doing next season. Support the team, it's what we do better than all the rest, better than anyone, any one we've ever met, We're Simply The Best! ??

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What's pish?

Look even at this thread alone. Support for him is minimal. This won't disappear by the 1st league game and if we're not winning by half time he and the players will be getting all sorts fired at them and booed off the park.

Many minds are made up already it's just how long (minutes not matches or months) before they vocally turn.

Best case scenario for PC is we hit the ground running and he silences those who want him gone. Doubt he'll get them onside as supporters of him but at least the bitterness towards him will have (at least temporarily) waned.

But don't kid yourself on he'll be supported by the large majority, he won't. 

Do you read your pish before you post it? 

'support for him in this thread is minimal' what is it you're expecting exactly? Everybody to switch their avatar to Pedro just in case he logs on to RM and sees this thread? People have got every right to doubt him or want him out because so far he's been a walking disaster but if you're trying to tell me those same people won't ever support him even if he turns it around due to 'bitterness' you then you're absolutely full of glue. 

Like I said, no Rangers fans will want Rangers to lose out of pettiness, we're all hoping he turns it round but the chances of that happening are minimal because he's been absolutely fucking shocking so far. 

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Like I said, no Rangers fans will want Rangers to lose out of pettiness, we're all hoping he turns it round but the chances of that happening are minimal because he's been absolutely fucking shocking so far. 

You speaking for the entire support eh?

There are some who want him gone, end of. It's no longer about him turning it around. Which is how I was with McCoist.

Now whether they're right as I was with McCoist, time will tell. Every likelihood they will be though I'm not there by any stretch.

But you're simply wrong if you're suggesting the entire support are at worst critical but still hoping he turns it around. Very wrong.

39 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You speaking for the entire support eh?

There are some who want him gone, end of. It's no longer about him turning it around. Which is how I was with McCoist.

Now whether they're right as I was with McCoist, time will tell. Every likelihood they will be though I'm not there by any stretch.

But you're simply wrong if you're suggesting the entire support are at worst critical but still hoping he turns it around. Very wrong.

Of course supporters want him gone, I've said that very clearly. But if you're telling me that if we're top of the league by Christmas and people are still wanting him gone then you are wrong, plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Of course supporters want him gone, I've said that very clearly. But if you're telling me that if we're top of the league by Christmas and people are still wanting him gone then you are wrong, plain and simple. 

I'm telling you that right now some folk want him gone before the league has even kicked off.

And for some the first dropped points will be enough. Or a defeat to the tarriers.

My posts are about the tolerance levels and timescales. I reckon for some it's exhausted.

And aye good argument about us backing him if we are top of the league at Xmas. Whilst a no brainer it's clearly not even been mooted and for good reason. But back in the real world folk still have high expectations and are waiting for opportunities to get on his case and say enough is enough. Some lready have been.

Which takes me back to my first post about him not being supported and folk looking for any opportunity to put the boot in (I jokingly suggested loss of toss of coin). Which you bizarrely appear to disagree with.

17 minutes ago, OhW said:

It show that the fans were right to boo the team off at half-time. We could see what was happening wasn't good enough. I can't believe you are so willing to do it all again.

To give the manager til half time without booing him? In his for competitive game in charge where he can use many of his key summer signings for the 1st time?

Yeah I'll hold off at least til full time

The team have shown no fight or desire to excel and go beyond what could be termed an average shift .

We are used to Rangers teams that would at least go down fighting :guns:

Last season Pedro showed some promise until the players stopped playing for him . This season the second game was worse than the first . The team are going backwards because Pedro is losing the dressing room , imo :huh:

He is a football manager and his job is to manage and get the best out of the team . I would agree he has made what seems to be excellent signings , however his motivational or man management skills seem to be more PLG .

Pedro will get my full backing until Christmas .If he starts winning games and gets the team playing football no one will be happier than me :bow: On current evidence it will be an interesting few months ahead :whistle:

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

My point is that the fans were right last season.We were awful in the first game and it was a forewarning for the whole season. I see the exact same thing happening this season.

I get that. I'm suggesting there are significant differences in circumstances and I hope to fuck not to be hearing boos on the first day. Even if things are a struggle I hope the focus is on supporting the team and not on Pedro.

Just now, OhW said:

Hmm not really. I've wanted Pedro gone since the 1-5. 

You forgot to answer my question, which clubs were you referring to when you said they give managers three years to turn things round?

I never said clubs give managers three years to turn things round. I did say that MANAGERS generally, have a three year target, that being to get better results each season. They're NOT given that time because fans want instant results. We're on our fifth manager in as many years. The board must be to blame, or is it fickle fans, who cheer the manager after winning at Aberdeen, scoring three goals. Then shouting for his resignation, after every defeat. Losing 1-5, to Celtic was very hard to take, but it wasn't his team. Getting beat in Luxembourg was another disaster, but the players hardly know each others names yet, never mind speak the same language. 

Where I see us this coming season is coming 2nd in the league, beating Celtic at least once, and getting to a cup final. If we beat them in a cup final, I won't complain. Give Pedro some time, if it doesn't work out then the board need to consider all positions at the club, not just the coaching staff. ?

The fact he came to the club and set out laws gave the players 2 weeks off and his comments in the media making players leave the training centre and training with under 20s as if it's a bad thing his hole strict attitude has pissed me off that dressing rooms morale will be bad there will be a split 100% 

9 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

The fact he came to the club and set out laws gave the players 2 weeks off and his comments in the media making players leave the training centre and training with under 20s as if it's a bad thing his hole strict attitude has pissed me off that dressing rooms morale will be bad there will be a split 100% 

Yes rules are bad in football. Never works.

More than 2 weeks hols would have worked.

What is the best way to move on lazy useless cunts who are in some cases on the best wages of their lives and contracted to 2020?

Some previous regime  players have been given a 2nd chance. Several ie Miller and Wallace have been told their roles in educating values to new guys will be crucial. We add 9 new guys to that plus some youth who have a real opportunity. These are the ones we should care about, fuck the others. And if they are precious about those being encouraged to leave then they can join them.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

You implied that managers are allowed to see out their 3 year plan at other clubs but not Rangers. No club or it's fans are going to give a manager 3 years to turn things round. 

Why do even bother saying that you wouldn't mind beating the taigs in a cup final? Of course we would all love that. 

Using the language barrier now as an excuse for Progres. Delusional. I think you would enjoy the Rangers Facebook page. 

The manager at his interview for the job, will have presented a three year plan of where he wants the club to be. If the club like his plan, they will offer him a three year contract. That's how it's supposed to work. Now fuck off and leave me alone!

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes rules are bad in football. Never works.

More than 2 weeks hols would have worked.

What is the best way to move on lazy useless cunts who are in some cases on the best wages of their lives and contracted to 2020?

Some previous regime  players have been given a 2nd chance. Several ie Miller and Wallace have been told their roles in educating values to new guys will be crucial. We add 9 new guys to that plus some youth who have a real opportunity. These are the ones we should care about, fuck the others. And if they are precious about those being encouraged to leave then they can join them.

You make good points mate and I agree with a lot of your post .

I'd say that some being "encouraged" to move on should have been a proper meeting and even making a cash offer etc . To have guys turning up at Auchenhowie and being told to go away is a bit crass . Some may have deserved it of course .

I was once with a club where they appointed a manger on the Monday, saw his first training session on the Thursday (and immediately called him in for a bit of a chat) and then sacked him on his 7th day after a 4-0 home death the day before. As Communications Manager at that time I had the lovely job of telling the local press and fielding questions from supporters. 

2 hours ago, Land Rover said:

You make good points mate and I agree with a lot of your post .

I'd say that some being "encouraged" to move on should have been a proper meeting and even making a cash offer etc . To have guys turning up at Auchenhowie and being told to go away is a bit crass . Some may have deserved it of course .

I think the meetings were had. And went along the lines of find something else, you're time is up.

Some players will as they value game time, opportunities, development etc. Others will stay for the cash as long as they can.

We wanted to move on, what, 10 to 15 players. If they average 5k p.w that's 250k per season. If we offered half that just to leave, then that could cost us in the region of 1.5m. And I don't think we have that having spent 5 to 10m on wages plus salaries for the new lot.

A ruthless, make life uncomfortable approach is the only ace card we hold. It needs played.

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I was once with a club where they appointed a manger on the Monday, saw his first training session on the Thursday (and immediately called him in for a bit of a chat) and then sacked him on his 7th day after a 4-0 home death the day before. As Communications Manager at that time I had the lovely job of telling the local press and fielding questions from supporters. 

Sounds like a clusterfuck of a club managed by halfwits.

I would be surprised if he lasts although you just never know in football. It would worry me having so many players from outside Europe because all it would take is for a few of them to just not fancy Scottish football and we would be right back to square one