MacBoyd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ScotBear said:

I'll try....not that I'm a fan of his, just trying to be patient....

Discipline....the noises about him trying to set a high professional bar off the field and in training is positive to me and I hope we see some long term benefit to that approach and that any players unwilling to commit to a high level of professionalism in every aspect of their lives are weeded out.

:tu:

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Yeah McKay going is something I could handle, it's just the fact he was told he was surplus to requirements yet that Dalcio cunt is starting games for us. Stuff like that makes me worry about Caixinha even more tbh

I still believe that Barrie refused to sign a new contract and had made his mind up before Pedro arrived. He THEN became suplus to requirements as he didnt really want to be there. I doubt he was pushed out. 

11 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

I don't need to answer questions about a total fuck up, Pedro and the  board need to do that, but since you can see the future do you really need answers.

Where did I claim to see the future? You criticised ALL his signings and singled out one of them. I put forward a number of questions to point out the flaws in your argument.

Ach, there is zero point discussing this. He will be in charge at the start of the league season. Hopefully the team performs because I can't cope with 3 threads like this every day.

Central defence was a real issue for us under Warburton.  In Cardoso and Alves I believe Pedro has given us the best central back pairing in Scottish football.  For that, he deserves tremendous credit.  He's also beefed up the central midfield with signings like Jack, Dorrans, and Pena.  If he can find two or three more quality attacking options before the window shuts we could enter next season with the strongest squad we've had since we were kicked out the top-flight in 2012.  I expect us to score more goals than last season, concede a lot less than last season, and finish with at least 20pts more than last season.

How many more of these stupid threads are going to appear before the season even starts?

Positives --- Well he has brought in a new set of players who we all hope will do the job. Most of whom we have never heard of, but does that really matter, lets wait until at least the first half dozen games before we hit the panic button.

There are some on here would not be happy unless we had Mourhino or someone of a similar level as manager and we were signing Ronaldo etc. Wake up FFS we are not in that market, we got what we can afford at this stage of our rebuilding.

Signed a bunch of utter duds. Gave big contracts to his old mates. We'll be worse than under Warburton this season. Comfortably outside top 2. We missed the boat with McInnes who will move to a decent English team after his next success.

He delivered a presentation of his proposed vision for the club that excited the recruiters to the extent he got the gig and a sizeable budget to execute it.

He followed the remit of using last season to identify those who could fit his mould - and rightly identified few 

He established the spine of the team as the biggest weakness and has worked to address this. This spine is not in place yet but with Alves Cardoso Jack Pena I'm confident we will improve dramatically. Penny pinching over Dorrans has not helped.

He is making life difficult for the outcasts, as he needs to. I hope he completely isolates them from the first team as I think there is a cancerous element there.

He identified the need for Rangers men type leaders in the squad to let the others know what it means to play for the club. Wallace and Miller. My fear is that neither is good enough on the pitch and that is where it counts most to be leaders of men.

Some of that I'd suggest is positive.

Fwiw I was pleased with both starting line ups so won't criticise him for that (wonder if many who castigate him now have considered their views pre kick offs). He rightly removed Waghorn from the2nd leg (Waghorn surviving the cull may be high biggest faux pas to date ). The lethargy, mistakes and shite performance were hugely down to the players who didn't seem to give a fuck until it was too late.

I think its right he sorted the spine out but fear the budget won't stretch to outside the spine and that could hamper what he is hoping to achieve. The full backs are poor, and we don't appear to have much on the wings either.

If he gets the time and budget to replace the flanks with quality as I reckon he has done up the middle the project could actually work. I'm just not sure he'll be afforded that unless we hit the ground running in the league.

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Where did I claim to see the future? You criticised ALL his signings and singled out one of them. I put forward a number of questions to point out the flaws in your argument.

Ach, there is zero point discussing this. He will be in charge at the start of the league season. Hopefully the team performs because I can't cope with 3 threads like this every day.

In suggesting players are good when they have still to prove themselves, including the manager. The threads will only go away when the manager and players actually look like a team, lucky for them that they are playing in the SPL, that should take some of the heat off them, we will see.

5 hours ago, bannedfromff said:

Signed a bunch of utter duds. Gave big contracts to his old mates. We'll be worse than under Warburton this season. Comfortably outside top 2. We missed the boat with McInnes who will move to a decent English team after his next success.

Jings. I've had a look at your post history and by god, you are a barrel of laughs :lol:

All his good work has been off the park i.e. decent signings (on paper), talks a good game, not afraid to make big decisions.

On the park he's been an absolute disaster and shown absolutely nothing tactically. This whole argument of 'they weren't his players just forget the end of last season' IMO is pure denial. Yes, it is true but only to a certain extent. Even with the players that were there we should have done better and any decent coach would have came in realised how easy it was to play against us then made us hard to beat. That didn't happen and if anything we went backwards from when Warburton was in charge.

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Central defence was a real issue for us under Warburton.  In Cardoso and Alves I believe Pedro has given us the best central back pairing in Scottish football.  For that, he deserves tremendous credit.  He's also beefed up the central midfield with signings like Jack, Dorrans, and Pena.  If he can find two or three more quality attacking options before the window shuts we could enter next season with the strongest squad we've had since we were kicked out the top-flight in 2012.  I expect us to score more goals than last season, concede a lot less than last season, and finish with at least 20pts more than last season.

Stop drawing silly home points and beating pish like killie and ross county away and all of a sudden our points tally looks a whole lot better. Was thinking that the other day, for as shite as we were last season, Aberdeen were not that far ahead of us on points, we had a better head to head against them and took more points of the taigs than them. Improvement is needed and we are probably a long way if challenging for the title but like you say, we have the spine of a good side there that hopefully hits the ground running.