Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

Just now, Wearethepeople72 said:

Weren't we allocated the whole stand which holds nearly 9,500 anyway?

Only 4,000 went on sale plus the supporters club allocations, so I don't understand why it's even up for debate whether or not we are getting more? I thought we had already been allocated the whole stand?

The coppers would rather have a half-empty stand - easier to police 

1 hour ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Weren't we allocated the whole stand which holds nearly 9,500 anyway?

Only 4,000 went on sale plus the supporters club allocations, so I don't understand why it's even up for debate whether or not we are getting more? I thought we had already been allocated the whole stand?

I think we were allocated 7,500 of which a chunk was for RSC'S. 

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Heard tonight from someone who's info is spot-on there should be more tickets released - just waiting approval from Police 

theyre apparently playing hard ball but he's confident we'll get more regardless.

Hope so mate, I'm on the verge of cancelling my bus

I spoke to someone at Rangers last night who told me that Wednesday have given us 7,000 but no word on extra tickets.

I phoned the Wednesday ticket office this morning who said Rangers had only taken 4,500??

I live in Sheffield & Wednesday fans here say that it's the Safety Action Group (SAG) & South Yorkshire Police who are being over cautious about segregation & want 'sterile' areas. They seem to be hell bent on creating a problem where there wasn't one. 

If I don't hear anything in the next 48hrs I'll be getting tickets for the west stand corner.

38 minutes ago, silverbear said:

I spoke to someone at Rangers last night who told me that Wednesday have given us 7,000 but no word on extra tickets.

I phoned the Wednesday ticket office this morning who said Rangers had only taken 4,500??

I live in Sheffield & Wednesday fans here say that it's the Safety Action Group (SAG) & South Yorkshire Police who are being over cautious about segregation & want 'sterile' areas. They seem to be hell bent on creating a problem where there wasn't one. 

If I don't hear anything in the next 48hrs I'll be getting tickets for the west stand corner.

If you live in Sheffield mate I wouldn't worry as their will prob be spares at the ground with people missing the bus and that but i know they way u feel u just want the ticket in your hand. I'm buzzing for this game not even the actual match just the whole away day feel 

30 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

If you live in Sheffield mate I wouldn't worry as their will prob be spares at the ground with people missing the bus and that but i know they way u feel u just want the ticket in your hand. I'm buzzing for this game not even the actual match just the whole away day feel 

:lol: 

Yes done that myself. Caught up with it at Southwaite Services on the M6. My wife wasn't impressed with the 2hr drive to catch it.

My brother & I both live in Sheffield but there are four of us without tickets.

I gave my season ticket up the season before last as I was missing too many games through having to work Saturdays & games being moved to weekdays. Serves me right.

Buzzing too - the last game was a great day & all the Owls fans I know were hoping it'd be a regular fixture. I was talking to their Commercial Manager last weekend who said it was the loudest & best away support he'd ever heard & seen at Hillsbrough. Gutted if I can't get tickets this time round.

24 minutes ago, silverbear said:

:lol: 

Yes done that myself. Caught up with it at Southwaite Services on the M6. My wife wasn't impressed with the 2hr drive to catch it.

My brother & I both live in Sheffield but there are four of us without tickets.

I gave my season ticket up the season before last as I was missing too many games through having to work Saturdays & games being moved to weekdays. Serves me right.

Buzzing too - the last game was a great day & all the Owls fans I know were hoping it'd be a regular fixture. I was talking to their Commercial Manager last weekend who said it was the loudest & best away support he'd ever heard & seen at Hillsbrough. Gutted if I can't get tickets this time round.

Live in Sheffield myself bud, Deepcar, I'm the same wondering wether to get tickets on the Wednesday end, went last time with ma boys and don't want to miss this one, fingers crossed we'll get some. 

39 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

My old man works with a Sheffield Wednesday season ticket holder so looks like getting tickets for the home end - anyone else doing this? 

Ah would hold of mate we will get more tickets the rozzers aren't going to have 1000s of Rangers fans in the shefield end.

3 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Apparently giving Rangers 20'000 tickets. 

Not gunna happen, logistically not possible

North Stand 9,255

West Stand 6,658

Kop and South stand home fans and selling quite well for a friendly

Kop 11,210

South Stand 11,352

The club doesn't use the North West corner any more (1,337)

Hopefully South Yorkshire Police & Sheffield SAG will see sense and give Rangers more tickets and maybe use the West stand too if needed. It's NOT Sheffield Wednesday that's making thing difficult it's the other 2 bodies mentioned above, we had a great time the last time with no bother whatsoever...

8 hours ago, silverbear said:

Mate........I'm in a wheelchair but can do short distances with crutch. I'm stating in the Garrison Hotel.

Is it easy enough tae get a bus/taxi from hotel to ground and back?

Suggestions?

13 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Mate........I'm in a wheelchair but can do short distances with crutch. I'm stating in the Garrison Hotel.

Is it easy enough tae get a bus/taxi from hotel to ground and back?

Suggestions?

You are literally 5 minutes from the stadium mate, and bang next to McDonald's if you get the munchies 

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

5minute walk or cab?

I don't know how you are on you're crutches, but I'd say normally a 5 min walk, I'd say it's around a mile from the hotel. You're on a dual carriageway and I'm sure there's a bus stop as you come on to it. Have you checked it out on Google maps?

26 minutes ago, haggismuncher said:

I don't know how you are on you're crutches, but I'd say normally a 5 min walk, I'd say it's around a mile from the hotel. You're on a dual carriageway and I'm sure there's a bus stop as you come on to it. Have you checked it out on Google maps?

Who can walk a mile in 5 minutes never mind with crutches