Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

Why were we promised 9500 now police stalling , why aren't they just giving us the rest of the allocation instead of 3500 empty seats in the north stand and why do they think it's a better idea having lads traveling without tickets than with , absolute fucking shambles 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Why were we promised 9500 now police stalling , why aren't they just giving us the rest of the allocation instead of 3500 empty seats in the north stand and why do they think it's a better idea having lads traveling without tickets than with , absolute fucking shambles 

This, much more likely to be trouble if many going without tickets.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Probably because they can't be arsed putting more cops on a Sunday when people are on their holidays.

I'm lucky enough to get a ticket but this actually annoys me. The ground holds 39,000 - Wednesday should be allowed to sell 39,000 tickets and its the cops job to allocate resources based on how many tickets are sold / how many they think they need. We pay their wages after all - through taxes and the ticket price!

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

It's an absolute farce that they'd rather have bears outside ticketless than just sell the empty seats in the stand.

36 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Could you contact Wednesday and see if they have wheelchair spots in the home end? Might be worth a shot if you don't get a ticket through us?

I've got a ticket mate. Had tae take a regular ticket though and pray I don't have far tae go.

Tae be fair, Wednesday said if I speak wae a steward down there, they might be able tae help.

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably because they can't be arsed putting more cops on a Sunday when people are on their holidays.

I'm lucky enough to get a ticket but this actually annoys me. The ground holds 39,000 - Wednesday should be allowed to sell 39,000 tickets and its the cops job to allocate resources based on how many tickets are sold / how many they think they need. We pay their wages after all - through taxes and the ticket price!

Does the club not pay for policing too?

Feel for the lads that never bought a ticket when they had a chance cos they were waiting on buses. Utter shambles. 

Reckon it would have been a nice gesture from the club to give the guys that paid for the travel club and never made it to Luxembourg first shout as well. 

14 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Who is it that actually decides how tickets should be sold?

It's NOT just South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield SAG, the councils Safety Advisory Group has a huge say what happens, they are not very popular at Hillsborough with Wednesday fans as they have quite  a record of "spoiling" potentially good big games with decent crowds .... they \are the ones that insist on huge sterile banks of empty seating as segregation.... they once even insisted on empty seats as segregation when it was WEDNESDAY fans in the lower leppings lane stand (west) with Newcastle fans above...so they was effectively segregating Wednesday fans from Wednesday fans... bizarre at best!

Aw well looks like that's me fucked then.

Held off because the bus I'm going on thought they'd get enough to cover everyone. Now the bus is loads short and there's none left to buy.

The fact this has actually happened when we got given such a big allocation is an absolute joke. Something that should've been so easy turned into a complete disaster. 

I'll still travel without one but I'll be raging if I miss the game because of all this. 

16 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Does the club not pay for policing too?

I imagine it is passed through to the customer in the ticket price? 

IMO police should not be able to have any say in what is allowed and what is not allowed. That is for the courts, parliaments and councils to set the law and then it be applied accordingly. I mean Wednesday has a stadium that is fit for 39,000 seats. They should be allowed to sell whatever they want up to that limit.

Its then the police's job to analyse roughly how many are going, what the likelihood of trouble is and then plan accordingly. They are a public service after all, not the decision makers on who can and can't undertake a activity.

1 minute ago, steveger1 said:

It's NOT just South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield SAG, the councils Safety Advisory Group has a huge say what happens, they are not very popular at Hillsborough with Wednesday fans as they have quite  a record of "spoiling" potentially good big games with decent crowds .... they \are the ones that insist on huge sterile banks of empty seating as segregation.... they once even insisted on empty seats as segregation when it was WEDNESDAY fans in the lower leppings lane stand (west) with Newcastle fans above...so they was effectively segregating Wednesday fans from Wednesday fans... bizarre at best!

I imagine they are a bundle of laughs.

Feel for the lads that never bought a ticket when they had a chance cos they were waiting on buses. Utter shambles. 

Reckon it would have been a nice gesture from the club to give the guys that paid for the travel club and never made it to Luxembourg first shout as well. 

53 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Know loads who have been shafted and to a man are still all planning on travelling, baffling they aren't giving us as many as we want.

How they think it's better a traveling bear out the ground rather than in is fucking ridiculous, just hope the trip doesn't embark into chaos 

Just now, Cedrick said:

How they think it's better a traveling bear out the ground rather than in is fucking ridiculous, just hope the trip doesn't embark into chaos 

Hopefully once they realise the amount there is going to be without tickets they open up a part of the ground they aren't opening to home fans. Or better yet, and I know this might sound radical but maybe give us the remaining part of the stand our support is going to be in..