Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Imagine being a United fan. Haven't won the league since 1898. Pretty much the Dumbarton of England :lol: 

Hi Mcewan

I have been asked to inform you that there is an Osman Warning hanging over your head now. 

That's all I can say in public.

Some good boys over at Owlstalk know the script.

Birley Owl 1867 Posted 41 minutes ago

I don't like either of them if I'm being completely honest. If I had to choose though, I'd pick Rangers over Celtic. Not based on religion either. After all, all religion is just a bunch of bobbar anyway.

For me though, if I compare the rivalry of Rangers/Celtic and Wednesday/United, I see similarities between ourselves and Rangers. For one, we are both the older, bigger, better relative of the young pretenders. Celtic supporters, similarly to United fans, are obsessed with hating their rivals more than they love their club. Don't get me wrong we have supporters obsessed with the Pigs and so do Rangers, but they have an awful lot more the other way.

As well as this, Wednesday/Rangers fans on the whole seem to be more accepted across the country than United/Celtic ones, like they are the good club and not some bitter jumped up twonks jealous of their older, bigger, better neighbours.

My two pennies if you care.

:dance:

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Some good boys over at Owlstalk know the script.

:dance:

Just seen that myself. Some of the usual Sky TV generation calling us a second rate club too. Half-wits don't even realise how small they all were compared to us before they were given a free pass to dominate Europe financially if still not football wise. Its like someone born into a rich family slagging a normal Joe for not owning a private jet. The TV companies have ruined the game yet some of these mugs think its something to gloat about.

Will be going though if this happens as was gutted to miss it the last time after seeing the videos of what a good day it was. Hopefully get similar weather:dance: 

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

Just seen that myself. Some of the usual Sky TV generation calling us a second rate club too. Half-wits don't even realise how small they all were compared to us before they were given a free pass to dominate Europe financially if still not football wise. Its like someone born into a rich family slagging a normal Joe for not owning a private jet. The TV companies have ruined the game yet some of these mugs think its something to gloat about.

Will be going though if this happens as was gutted to miss it the last time after seeing the videos of what a good day it was. Hopefully get similar weather:dance: 

It's coming up for 17 years since Wednesday were in the top league and I think they have had two spells in League One in that time. I actually feel sorry for them, the Blades, Leeds, Sunderland and to an extent Newcastle. Proper big British clubs in their day who by spending some amounts of time in the lower leagues have failed to capitalise on the Premier League and now you have clubs like Bournemouth miles ahead of them. Villa are the same.

All those clubs can draw on huge amounts of loyal supporters at home, but unfortunately don't have the worldwide draw of the fashionable London and Manchester clubs.

I'm really hoping Everton do well this season. I don't think they are up there yet and need about 5 more good signings but the team is quite decent. Although it won't happen I would love it if they could mount a challenge for the title. Imagine the reaction of the Liverpool fans.