Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

Just now, Rfc52 said:

He'll be paying 700to fire it up @Mr Soprano shiter and a view of the castle soon 

Nah I think @Mr Soprano would be a cheaper date, few bottles of Mad Dog and a night in a hostel and he'll be good to go

36 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's coming up for 17 years since Wednesday were in the top league and I think they have had two spells in League One in that time. I actually feel sorry for them, the Blades, Leeds, Sunderland and to an extent Newcastle. Proper big British clubs in their day who by spending some amounts of time in the lower leagues have failed to capitalise on the Premier League and now you have clubs like Bournemouth miles ahead of them. Villa are the same.

All those clubs can draw on huge amounts of loyal supporters at home, but unfortunately don't have the worldwide draw of the fashionable London and Manchester clubs.

I'm really hoping Everton do well this season. I don't think they are up there yet and need about 5 more good signings but the team is quite decent. Although it won't happen I would love it if they could mount a challenge for the title. Imagine the reaction of the Liverpool fans.

Yeah there's definitely been victims down here as the TV cash makes support less important. So you can end up with the likes of Newcastle being easily relegated if mismanaged. A mate of mine supports Leeds and is always moaning about the parachute payments as it makes it hard as fuck to get promoted. 

Funny to hear you say about in the past as that's still the way I think. I'd still rather play for Leeds any day compared to the likes of Bournemouth.

Yeah I hope Everton do well too. Boy I drink with follows them. Always liked them since we signed Gary and Trevor Stevens. Same with Wednesday. Liked them as a boy. Think it must have been because of the name :lol:

Hope we get our shit together and beat them if it does happen as it's sickening how low we've fallen on the park.