Reflect on the last 5 years in your own words

Gaz52

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battles won and battles lost, long, hard, bittersweet, ups, downs, draws, victories and defeats. Boardrooms changes, management changes, loads of fans groups, unified fans groups, disjointed fans groups, fake tops, boycotts, court cases, digging in, despair, joy, heartbreak, jubilation, embarrassments, good players, poor players, team formations, tactics, lack of tactics, trophies won and trophies lost, lack of confidence, over confidence, cup exits :pipe: 

One massive roller coaster ride, so hang on because there are plenty more ups :champagne:and downs  :nailbiting:   to come :UK:

drew me closer to this club. To see how an institution like this could be attacked from every side by the media, the courts, the lawyers, the grabbing money men - and yet still survive, thanks to its fans above all else - was, is and will be an inspiration. I salute the bears from the other side of the world. 

No Bear will ever forget the last five years and it's not over, and it will never stop.

They tried and failed to kill off our football club, for reasons other than sport and as a consequence a line has been drawn. We now all understand that these people are out to damage us at every opportunity.

These attacks have galvanised our support to a point never seen before and what that has ensured, is that we can, and will fight back and then go on the attack to give as good as we get.

Time to fight and fight dirty.

Certainly did no good for my health; It's not fun staying awake/ getting out of bed at 3.00am- 5.00am to watch us get gubbed by teams like Annan et al. It didn't really hit me until 2013 on a certain sunny day at Ibrox...My last visit in November 2011 had ended with us top of the SPL by 12 points with Motherwell running second; I had just watched us beat Hearts, Aberdeen (both away) and scud Dundee Utd. at Ibrox on the Armed Forces Day. When I got home I promised my wife the next time I went to Scotland I would take her to Ibrox to watch the famous play.

So on to 2013 and there I am back at Ibrox and by chance it is Armed Forces day again; My wife is loving it and all of a sudden my mind flashed back to 2011 as I realised fully the extent of what had happened to our proud club. Yes we were easily top of the League as we were in 2011 but this time we were in the THIRD TIER of Scottish football on our way to beating the mighty Stenhousemuir 8-0...It was like a dark shadow falling over my eyes as we all cheered the Armed Forces the entire time they were on the hallowed turf of Ibrox.

I still haven't got over it.

16 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

A lot of our fans now refer to it as "The banter years" but after last Tuesday and numerous other things that have happened over the last week or so, it feels like we're still stuck in the middle of "The banter years" - although what I would say is we've got through the worst of it, the lower leagues, the Challenge Cup, the hilarity of the players we were signing under McCoist, the charlatans running our club at boardroom level, the struggling to beat teams like Cowdenbeath and Annan..

'A recurring nightmare' would be more accurate IMO.

'The banter years' is more what the other side may call it.

----------

One feature that not many will want to talk about is the repeated gullibility of too many of our support and the lack of willingness to learn lessons. That has to be balanced against the amazing loyalty of the support but god, we went down some blind and corrupt alleys without engaging the brain.

When Buckfast and MD and patsies become a regular feature of your life in an attempt to make the intense pain slightly more bearable at the age of 52 there really are no words to describe how bad the last five years have been.

It's been like taking a good fucking kicking. You manage to get up off your knees then the fucker kicks you in the guts again, only harder this time. My fear is that we haven't taken the last of the boots to our ribs. There is more to come I have no doubt.

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

i used to watch a lot of football. Now if it's not Rangers I don't care, because it was exhausting enough going through all we were that it put me off all other football.

It'll just make the next title win all the more sweeter, though.

To be fair, that should have always been the case.....

11 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

drew me closer to this club. To see how an institution like this could be attacked from every side by the media, the courts, the lawyers, the grabbing money men - and yet still survive, thanks to its fans above all else - was, is and will be an inspiration. I salute the bears from the other side of the world. 

:tu: