Reflect on the last 5 years in your own words

Gaz52

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tm91 said:

i used to watch a lot of football. Now if it's not Rangers I don't care, because it was exhausting enough going through all we were that it put me off all other football.

It'll just make the next title win all the more sweeter, though.

Same, used to watch everything now struggle to sit through an episode of MOTD. What happened to us and the amount of money getting thrown around down south has totally ruined football for me.

23 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

drew me closer to this club. To see how an institution like this could be attacked from every side by the media, the courts, the lawyers, the grabbing money men - and yet still survive, thanks to its fans above all else - was, is and will be an inspiration. I salute the bears from the other side of the world. 

In a way, I appreciate the last few years as the myth that Rangers fans are all just glory hunters has been shattered. Celtic weren't selling out in the top flight when they had no competition; our attendances didn't take much of a dip until we reached breaking point under the Ashley/Easdale regime. I was born in '88, so until 2012 I'd never lived through a period of Celtic dominance. My dad grew up when Stein's Celtic were dominating, and as a young man in his 20s he was going to Ibrox during the era of Aberdeen finishing above us consistently. That definitely made him appreciate the '72 CWC, 9IAR, the trebles, the UEFA Cup run etc even more. 

Having said that, I cannae wait for the banter years to be over. My cousin's wee girl is 8 years old and a Celtic supporter, and she genuinely can't fathom that Rangers were ever any good. (Again, she is only 8...) It doesn't bother me that she thinks Rangers much just be shite; for every wee Celtic fan that understandably thinks that, there's a wee Rangers fan who hasn't ever seen us win major honours - no offence to the Petrofac Cup winning heroes - and the sooner that's rectified, the better. 

It's been grim but would never give up on our great club. Can honestly say that the last 5 years has turned me into one angry man. I've no time for any cunt in this fuckin shitehole apart from fellow bears. Every cunt else can fuck off. Rant over, WATP ??

Torture at times and humbling at others .. the way we were treated by lower league clubs show up our so called bigger clubs and their jealousy and hatred . 

Although I can honestly say that unlike that shower of shite their results in all that time didn't enter my head.  They didn't exist .

All in all I feel we've become better for it as supporters .

Was always a 'Fan' but never a big supporter. Got my first season ticket back in the Craig Whyte season. Always had soft spots for other Scottish clubs and hoped that they did well in Europe and were financially stable, felt horrible for fans of clubs like Dundee, Morherwell etc. That had to suffer administration and for the average working day people that lost their jobs. 

But after seeing the genuine hatred and bitterness directed towards our clubs and it's fans I couldn't give a fuck about any of the other Scottish clubs. I also don't give a fuck about Hamburg, Chelsea, only club that tried to even help us out was Linfield and said I'll always be greatful and will always have a soft spot for them. 

Supposed fans of other clubs who you were somewhat mates with coming out the woodwork to have fly kicks as well. 

Boy I used to work with who had a season book with his dad, brother and grandad. Laughing in mocking our club and the fans  with the scum fans in work saying we were cheats, deluded etc. Don't work with him anymore but bumped in to him outside Ibrox before the Killie game last season and I've never seen anyone turning white and shite a brick as much as that wee tadger done that day. 

11 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

Was always a 'Fan' but never a big supporter. Got my first season ticket back in the Craig Whyte season. Always had soft spots for other Scottish clubs and hoped that they did well in Europe and were financially stable, felt horrible for fans of clubs like Dundee, Morherwell etc. That had to suffer administration and for the average working day people that lost their jobs. 

But after seeing the genuine hatred and bitterness directed towards our clubs and it's fans I couldn't give a fuck about any of the other Scottish clubs. I also don't give a fuck about Hamburg, Chelsea, only club that tried to even help us out was Linfield and said I'll always be greatful and will always have a soft spot for them. 

Supposed fans of other clubs who you were somewhat mates with coming out the woodwork to have fly kicks as well. 

Boy I used to work with who had a season book with his dad, brother and grandad. Laughing in mocking our club and the fans  with the scum fans in work saying we were cheats, deluded etc. Don't work with him anymore but bumped in to him outside Ibrox before the Killie game last season and I've never seen anyone turning white and shite a brick as much as that wee tadger done that day

I'll never understand our 'fans' who side with them. 

Although, I don't understand why you were looking at his tadger either? :mutley:

Been interesting,I've seen trebles,9iar,european finals,I've seen my team fight through the divisions,seen my team attacked and picked apart by rats in the boardroom too,but still my team is here,the last five years has shown who the true Bears are,and I salute every single one of you this morning

it's been a nightmare really. i don't need to say much about things off the pitch. while we celebrated at the time our promotion up the leagues it wasn't really anything to celebrate. to me it was just a sense of relief that we were a step closer back to the top. i've always imagined it as been deep underwater and struggling to swim up to the surface for air because that's where we belong. only since we got promoted back to the premiership do i feel our club is able to breathe again because this is where we belong. it'll be a while yet before we get back on our feet on land. i hope this season is a lot better than last. i think we have a better team than last season so we'll see how it goes.

a lot of the positives i remember are just things we needed to do to get back to where we need to be. promotions. getting decent board members in who can get us back on track. getting a better merchandise deal. facing that lot again and beating them. standing up for ourselves. these things shouldn't have happened. we shouldn't have been dropped to the 3rd division. we should've had board members who ran our club properly. we shouldn't have made such a shit deal with Ashley/SD. and while some may not like it we should not have been removed from the same league as celtic. we need to be in the same league as them but as a result they have been allowed to gain a huge advantage over us. everything positive has just been us rebuilding and getting back on track. i won't truly celebrate until we win our 55th title because that's when i will know we are back where we belong. where we should've been in 2012!

i guess there is one true positive of all this shite and it's the support. this club is incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic support. 50,000 of us turned up to watch our team in the 3rd division face Berwick Rangers. we have stood up for our club by boycotting season tickets to force board changes. we refused to buy merchandise in the hope of a new deal. it's amazing what we can do together and while this support remains i don't believe there is anything we can't do. it might take a while to regain our full strength and win our 55th title or be competitive in europe again but there is no doubt in my mind at all that'll not happen. it's not a matter of IF but WHEN. it's just a matter of time.

I disliked those running the game before our issues, I fecking hate the bastar.ds now,

and wish them all a slow and painful death! And how a club like the bheasts can stand on moral grounds

considering their shameful history and still made to look innocent is beyond words.

We took our points deductions and started from the bottom, we plodded along, and we are back, looking down on the scum

followers of carpet sweepers.

My hate may wain in time, but I will always relish every inch of any of their downfalls.

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Never have and never will be humiliated being a Rangers Supporter so you can fuck off with that shite.   

Humiliating is being associated with a team that harbours child-molesters.

It's been one humiliation after another almost on a monthly basis for the last 5 years regardless of how far you stick yer chest out in defiance. The club has been an absolute basket case. It's been fucking shite. 

Some Rangers fans are only capable of organising opposition to other groups of Rangers fans.

Some Rangers (ex)directors only seem to voice dissatisfaction or end up in court against other (ex)directors.

Some Rangers messageboards made more of attacking other Rangers messageboards than investigating spivs.

-----------------------

# Made it easy for spivs and taxcase fundamentalists

12 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's been one humiliation after another almost on a monthly basis for the last 5 years regardless of how far you stick yer chest out in defiance. The club has been an absolute basket case. It's been fucking shite. 

then give up, simple really, not the solution for me.

Last 5 years have been horrendous. I lost my old man in 2013 then my mum in 2015. I split with my long term girlfriend as she couldn't cope with my moods.

Seen Rangers good name dragged through the mud by the taigs and the mhedia. Everyone and their granny putting the boot in.

Hopefully things will go from good to better from now on in. Always hope and I believe we can make progress this Season.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:49 AM, HeHaw said:

Yip, Morton fans in my area who i got on really well with got right on my nerves, i now look at a lot of them in a different light.

Not all were like that though and a St.Mirren fan i know was sticking up for us no end and calling it for what it was, a fucking stitch up.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yip, Morton fans in my area who i got on really well with got right on my nerves, i now look at a lot of them in a different light.

Not all were like that though and a St.Mirren fan i know was sticking up for us no end and calling it for what it was, a fucking stitch up.

A rarity among St. Mirren fans that - most seem to be closet tarriers. 

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

A rarity among St. Mirren fans that - most seem to be closet tarriers. 

I only know 1 St.Mirren fan admitedly, he has always been a faithful even though living in Inverclyde he got a fair amount of abuse.

Just dawned on me i know another 1 who works with me, he had a wee pop but also agreed we had been stitched up and it was wrong what was happening.

Just now, plumbGER said:

I only know 1 St.Mirren fan admitedly, he has always been a faithful even though living in Inverclyde he got a fair amount of abuse.

Just dawned on me i know another 1 who works with me, he had a wee pop but also agreed we had been stitched up and it was wrong what was happening.

Living in Inverclyde and getting fresh air might have done them the world of good then. I live and work in Paisley, and most seem to lean towards Celtic. I know one guy who is married to a Tim, is an RC and doesn't care for us, but will point out to his missus that she's a hypocrite to go on about sectarianism when she's singing IRA tunes.