New Sky Sports channels

Can anyone make head or tail of this? Are we going to have to pay for all these channels if we want to watch English and Scottish (well, Rangers) games?

From 18 July, Sky Sports will be better than ever with a range of new dedicated channels

• Sky Sports customers don’t need to do anything, the change will happen automatically 

• We're still bringing you the best live sport with ten channels including dedicated channels for the Premier League, Football, Cricket, Golf and F1 

• Enjoy the best international Rugby Union, Rugby League, boxing, darts, NFL, tennis and more on the new Sky Sports Action and Arena channels 

• Get more of the sport you love with improved personalisation on the new-look Sky Sports app, available from August 

• Award-winning commentary and analysis, plus brand new shows and documentaries 

• Watch Premier League, F1 and England Test Cricket in Ultra HD with Sky Q 

• A new Main Event channel dedicated to the biggest live events from across our channels - available to customers with the full range of Sky Sports channels

126 Premier League games

Live action across Monday nights, Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season

New weeknight debate show

Dedicated club days including interviews, documentaries, behind-the-scenes access, news and highlights

Never miss a minute of the action

Enhanced live features on the Sky Sports app including a brand new timeline feature from August

Live football every week

Watch the EFL, Carabao Cup, SPFL and La Liga, plus Euro 2020 qualifiers

Reviews and dedicated round up shows

Expert debate and analysis on EFL and La Liga

Live action wherever you are

With our new improved Sky Sports app you can enjoy live action, goals and highlights straight to your phone

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I know one thing, I won't be paying more.

They can go fuck if they think so will be.

Likewise. I already pay over the odds for it just to basically catch our games that I can't get tickets for.

If they're asking me to pay more for these channels I'm just going to cancel it altogether. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The cost of subscribing to one channel is £18 per month, with two channels costing £22, three priced at £26 and all 10 at £27.50.

Shocker of a pricing structure!

What will even be the use for SS1-5 if there's now going to be a dedicated channel for just football and one for just the EPL? 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's ten channels and not numbers 1-5 anymore and this is the list.

Due to falling viewership seems Sky 's re-branding is trying to capture specific fans of certain sports. Assume they feel they will get subscribers on the £18 package that wouldn't pay the £27.50 for every channel. 

Ah I see, cheers :tu:

Sky are fucked anyway. Next Premier League TV deal will show that when they'll be 4th maybe 5th in line. BT, BeIN, Amazon and possibly Google going for next lot and with Sky having dwindling numbers due to streaming, don't have the financial muscle to compete.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Sky are fucked anyway. Next Premier League TV deal will show that when they'll be 4th maybe 5th in line. BT, BeIN, Amazon and possibly Google going for next lot and with Sky having dwindling numbers due to streaming, don't have the financial muscle to compete.

They might have had a little more in the bank if they didn't pay silly money for stuff like F1, which has really no likeable drivers, and has a ruling body who are intent on killing any enjoyment people had. 

30 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

So they're obviously going to spread the football over three channels so that you have to pay £26 to get all of it, and then you're thinking, "fuck it, it's only an extra £1.50 for the rest of the channels."

Arseholes.

Technically only on 2 channels, the "main event" channel will show the big games from the premier league channel as well as others. Still a huge waste of money, only reason I keep sky tv at all is because I get it for "free" with the phone line and unlimited fibre, wouldn't give Sky a penny for sports.

10 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

If you're locked into a contract with them then I don't believe they can charge you more until the contract runs out

I hope that this is true since I just agreed an 18 month contract, in May, for basic sky channels, and all sky sports for £40 per month.. I don't get out much these days, so the tv , and internet, are my only contact with the rest of humanity, apart from kids, and carer. I've got my internet through BT, which gets me their sports channels for a fiver, or did it go up to a tenner????

Breaking news on Sky just now : 11th channel added to new Sky Sports Package. Sky Sports EBT

"Due to popular demand from the east end of Glasgow, Sky announce a new exclusive Sky Sport Rangers EBT channel where the latest news and events involving Rangers including updates on EBTs can be obtained 24 hours a day. "

It is believed this will be solely aimed at obsessive cellic fans.

I actually think I'll end up saving money with these changes. I wouldn't pay for the "Action and Arena", Cricket, Golf or F1

I just watch the Golf when it's on if there's nothing else on, would never pay for it

I only really have Sky Sports for Rangers games and some EPL games. And every now and again I'll watch the odd La Liga game etc. 

I think these changes are actually decent for a change 

BT Sport is where it's at now a days. I hate to say cause they're a big ugly greedy bastard of a corporation (like Sky) and their presenters and pundits are all a bunch of fenian wankers. But the selection of leagues you get is brilliant, then there's the Champions League and Europa League. They also get the UFC as well which is massive for them, Sky missed a trick not picking that up years ago