Posting news articles on Rangers Media

Bad Robot

Posting news articles on Rangers Media   

232 members have voted

1. 1. Our collective response to the Daily Records negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper
  2. 2. We have a dedicated page for articles that constantly portray the club and fans in a negative way

• Yes - one page for the record
    • Yes - one page for all negative publications
    • No - keep them random within the other posts
  3. 3. Our collective response to all other negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper

There's been some discussion on here regarding fans boycotting the record but this is just to see what the consensus is regarding online articles.

The 1st question is just asking about the record.

The 2nd is asking if RM should have a dedicated page for the record or other publications that seem to constantly paint us in a negative light.

The 3rd is about other negative publications as we have the likes of the Herald who employ haters of our club and the Evening Times where their moderators continually allow the comments section be saturated with moon howlers writing negative about our club and fans.

I think all of the above contributed to the constant chipping away at our brand and do believe we need to take a stand.

(I hope the poll comes out ok as I can't re-read what I've written as it's posted from my phone)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS mate you can't just not post negative stories. Sometimes the stories will be justified. It's not North Korea.

the deliberate shite stirring stuff shouldn't be posted nor any links. I've voted but I don't really know why lol 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

FFS mate you can't just not post negative stories. Sometimes the stories will be justified. It's not North Korea.

the deliberate shite stirring stuff shouldn't be posted nor any links. I've voted but I don't really know why lol 

lol I personally think we need to know what the haters are writing about us so I think a single cut and post is the best route to go down 

27 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

There's been some discussion on here regarding fans boycotting the record but this is just to see what the consensus is regarding online articles.

The 1st question is just asking about the record.

The 2nd is asking if RM should have a dedicated page for the record or other publications that seem to constantly paint us in a negative light.

The 3rd is about other negative publications as we have the likes of the Herald who employ haters of our club and the Evening Times where their moderators continually allow the comments section be saturated with moon howlers writing negative about our club and fans.

I think all of the above contributed to the constant chipping away at our brand and do believe we need to take a stand.

(I hope the poll comes out ok as I can't re-read what I've written as it's posted from my phone)

Hopefully you will get enough info to prove there has been a witch hunt on Rangers to demand an enquiry

The results thus far, however small in numbers say it all, we are our own worst enemies. Why the fuck do we need to read any shite that is produced by Scottish tabloid newspapers??? There are enough credible online resources to keep you informed of Rangers News without touching any of these wank rags with a bargepole.

I think it important that we know what's going on around us . The way things are , we need to be ready to fight back in any way we can on a united front . Not being prepared or disunited isn't going to do us any favours . 

That doesn't mean we have to give these arseholes the ' hits ' they crave for advertising . I would say have a mod cut n paste , but I think it sufficient , or even imperative , that the OP should cut and paste whatever they want to discuss thereby denying giving the hits to any particular news outlet .

This all seems a bit intense and I'm not really sure how much I care about the daily record.

However, if members of the media have agendas against rangers and it's support then the bile they spew can't go unchecked. We've seen where that's got us. 

If genuine action was taken against those who seek to dehumanise and denigrate us, I'd be all for keeping tabs on them. The reality is that we'l all look at the thread where people are lying about the club and moan and that'll be that. 

RM admin (quite rightly) will have a policy in this.  Personally I think it works okay.

I actually prefer the free choice, free speech and freedom of action at present as I believe very much we are a reasonably democratic forum as a whole. (We encompass Rangers minded headbangers of all backgrounds:happy:)

And as the forum is "open" in this regard it also allows us to advise and even influence others individually or collectively with (hopefully sensible arguments) on how we post regardin serious matters like the one mentioned in the titile.

My own thoughts are it is not wise to give these kind of sites hits if they are biased towards us, but occasionally we need to be aware of any deliberate slights, (or even god forbid, a positive change towards our club) so my own advice is copyand paste, ratherthan direct link. I will not advise to boycott them, but wouldc ontinue to question why sensible and knowledgable Rangers fans would choose to do business with them. as in my opinion their general credibility and integrity regarding reports on our club and Scottish footaball is slightly less than zero.