Andy Halliday refuses to 'huddle' with Gabala team-mates

Marky.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Have a look around some of threads on here and identify the hatred from clubs, their supporters and certain media outlets - it's awful isn't it? 

But go back a bit and read some comments from Rangers fans on here about a boyhood Rangers supporter 'living his dream' (yeh, i know he's not brilliant) and frankly i find that worse 

It's jealousy. It's the same people that bump their gums abour Barry Ferguson being a "ned who got lucky" - they're jealous that boyhood Rangers fans like them got to play for us and they didn't, simple as that 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

It's jealousy. It's the same people that bump their gums abour Barry Ferguson being a "ned who got lucky" - they're jealous that boyhood Rangers fans like them got to play for us and they didn't, simple as that 

I've got to disagree. Barry Ferguson was certainly a ned but he was also a fantastic centre midfielder. I think the issue many had with Barry was that he got too big for his boots and forgot his place, I think even he himself would concede that now. 

Halliday is different, we all expected him to at least show some passion and dig. He didn't. He was weak and spent most of his time rolling around or gesticulating. 

That's not acceptable from a foreign mercenary never mind a lifelong rangers fan. 

3 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

When the Rangers players did the huddle at the savilledome the ref broke it up and the taigs went mental, the rags wanted us punished as well, somehow it was sectarian and bigoted.

it is sectarian, just like that horrible "bouncy bouncy". 

6 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I remember being there, doing the huddle, happy memories.  FTP.

There's a class video of us doing it a the tatie dome on YouTube needles to say one of the obsessed videoed it 

Childish as fuck to be honest, he's hardly going to endear himself to his new teammates if they're trying to gee each other up before a game and he's standing there looking awkward with his hands behind his back.

It's no like they're asking him to bless himself

I'd probably respect him more if he just went over there, got the head down and actually worked on improving as a player so that he might actually have a chance of a future with us instead of this tedious "look how staunch I am" shite.

As it's already been pointed out in the thread, the tarriers didn't invent the huddle.

7 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Always haven't agreed with the abuse towards Halliday, he did struggle last season admittedly, no excuse he was playing out of position but it is a fact, he was one of our better players in the championship and was desperately unlucky not to score a cup final winner for us which I wish more than anything happened for the lad. Got to live his dream and hope he has enough about him to come back a better player but time will tell. 

As for Barry, in my lifetime st 42 I honestly believe that through the wealth of talent that has passed through the hallowed gates of Ibrox only Gascoigne and Laudrup were better. My opinion of course, and I've never met the lad but couldn't care less if he was a bit of a ned in his younger days, he captained our club through some of its finest days and absolutely loved playing for Rangers that much is obvious and good enough for me 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd probably respect him more if he just went over there, got the head down and actually worked on improving as a player so that he might actually have a chance of a future with us instead of this tedious "look how staunch I am" shite.

As it's already been pointed out in the thread, the tarriers didn't invent the huddle.

Maybe he is and that was nothing to do with it, he never took that picture obviously and he's not exactly not in it, that's just some guy on twitters enterpritation 

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He's hardly posted the picture himself saying guys look how Staunch I am. Fuck sake.

Jealous as fuck cunts in here hate him more than the tarriers.

Fucking infuriates me mate, some cunt takes a picture and all of a sudden he's a cunt for it ha ha, my dream was to play for Rangers, but ultimately I wasn't good enough, plus living down south never helped ?, but one thing I am glad for is if I ever meet a Brighton supporter in a pub he's not likely to hate me for not being maradonna ?

5 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He's hardly posted the picture himself saying guys look how Staunch I am. Fuck sake.

Jealous as fuck cunts in here hate him more than the tarriers.

No lie, was in the louden watching an away game last season with Amanda (fuck knows why we were not on the bus) and tav gave the ball away with a pass that flew past Halliday and the guy in front called Halliday a cunt for it ha ha what chance did he have, he became the knew jig mate, and no wonder his mum stopped coming on the bus, my ma would have been stabbing cunts if they were slagging me like that ?