Over coached or under managed.

Putting whether we rate Caixinha or not, you only have to look at that St Johnstone game to realise we will be a completely different team this season, and I don't mean just be the players; we are going to be extremely difficult to score against. My only concern is our ability to score, but Herrera was better than I expected him to be, and I think he might be the surprise for many of us who didn't have high hopes for him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Putting whether we rate Caixinha or not, you only have to look at that St Johnstone game to realise we will be a completely different team this season, and I don't mean just be the players. We are going to be extremely difficult to score against. My only concern is our ability to score, but Herrera was better than I expected him to be, and I think he might be the surprise for many of us who didn't have high hopes for him.

They managed to beat us 1-0.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Putting whether we rate Caixinha or not, you only have to look at that St Johnstone game to realise we will be a completely different team this season, and I don't mean just be the players; we are going to be extremely difficult to score against. My only concern is our ability to score, but Herrera was better than I expected him to be, and I think he might be the surprise for many of us who didn't have high hopes for him.

Difficult to score against mate? Based on what? TNS did it, St Johnstone did it and Progres did it twice 

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

They managed to beat us 1-0.

They didn't really; there was subs galore at that point. In the first half they could hardly get near our 18 yard box. Time will tell, but I think we are going to be a very boring team to watch, and we'll be playing to grind out results.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Difficult to score against mate? Based on what? TNS did it, St Johnstone did it and Progres did it twice 

That match against St Johnstone was a bit different, not a cup tie. I think Caixinha has strengthened the midfield to such a degree, particularly through the middle, that it's going to take a good side to score against us. Scoring could be a problem for us, a lot will depend on the new signings up front being any good, as always, but our midfield and defence is very strong, for this league.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That match against St Johnstone was a bit different, not a cup tie. I think Caixinha has strengthened the midfield to such a degree, particularly through the middle, that it's going to take a good side to score against us. Scoring could be a problem for us, a lot will depend on the new signings up front being any good, as always, but our midfield and defence is very strong, for this league.

I can't agree defence and midfield is strong for this league mate as we only have 2 players worth mentioning in Dorrans and Alves for they departments - the rest are either really bad or untested or not liked what I've seen of them thus far 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

They didn't really; there was subs galore at that point. In the first half they could hardly get near our 18 yard box. Time will tell, but I think we are going to be a very boring team to watch, and we'll be playing to grind out results.

If it was a league game they take 3 points and we take zero.  I agree to some extent about subs etc.  And don't get me wrong I'm delighted that we are much more solid and gonna be difficult to break down, but I want to see quicker transitions when we recover the ball.

Midfield to front we are still rank, hopefully time will prove the lads need more time to adjust - grave reservations about Pedro.

We need to find a formation that works for us in the majority of our games, a formation that allows the players to access their full potential; not shoe Horning them into the side.

I can't agree defence and midfield is strong for this league mate as we only have 2 players worth mentioning in Dorrans and Alves for they departments - the rest are either really bad or untested or not liked what I've seen of them thus far 

I think a midfield with Dorrans, Rossiter and Jack will be pretty solid and difficult to break through. 

Agree about defence though, I've not been convinced by Cardoso so far and the 2 full backs have huge question marks for me.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Dorrans, Alves, Rossiter, Cardoso..., obviously not in that order, but in this league? It will take a good team to get through that. I'm still concerned about a few things, but 20 minutes into that match told me a lot about the kind of style we'll play this year. You would almost think Walter had picked that team.  

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I think a midfield with Dorrans, Rossiter and Jack will be pretty solid and difficult to break through. 

Agree about defence though, I've not been convinced by Cardoso so far and the 2 full backs have huge question marks for me.

Jack and Rossiter are two very, very ordinary players imo mate 

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

If it was a league game they take 3 points and we take zero.  I agree to some extent about subs etc.  And don't get me wrong I'm delighted that we are much more solid and gonna be difficult to break down, but I want to see quicker transitions when we recover the ball.

Midfield to front we are still rank, hopefully time will prove the lads need more time to adjust - grave reservations about Pedro.

We need to find a formation that works for us in the majority of our games, a formation that allows the players to access their full potential; not shoe Horning them into the side.

Midfield to front we are not there, that's why I would love to see us sign Murphy; he would be a good man to play forward from midfield.

Dorrans, Alves, Rossiter, Cardoso..., obviously not in that order, but in this league? It will take a good team to get through that. I'm still concerned about a few things, but 20 minutes into that match told me a lot about the kind of style we'll play this year. You would almost think Walter had picked that team.  

Cordoso is in the "don't like what I've seen so far catagory" but he might improve with Alves next to him and settle him down ... Rossiter God no so average 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Jack and Rossiter are two very, very ordinary players imo mate 

They're not going to get anyone excited given the job they do but I think both have something about them. Jack has probably been our best player in the games so far (not that that's much of an achievement). 

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

From the little I've seen Cardoso has excellent positional sense.

Cordoso is in the "don't like what I've seen so far catagory" but he might improve with Alves next to him and settle him down ... Rossiter God no so average 

I don't believe Rossiter is average, certainly not in this league, and if he stays fit he'll be good, I think so anyway. 

I don't believe Rossiter is average, certainly not in this league, and if he stays fit he'll be good, I think so anyway. 

Will need to wait and see but the hype around him amazes me - the little I seen of him for Liverpool and England under 19s i wasn't all that taken in either 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

From the little I've seen Cardoso has excellent positional sense.

Far too casual for me, hopefully improves with Alves next to him. He's not really been tested defensively yet which seems a strange thing to say given how poor we've been.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Will need to wait and see but the hype around him amazes me - the little I seen of him for Liverpool and England under 19s i wasn't all that taken in either 

Rossiter can open up an oppositions shape very quickly; albeit we haven't had many chances to see him do that, but it is the first think that's noticeable whenever he plays. Jack , Rossiter and Dorrans could give us the strongest midfield in this league, Cardoso and Alves at the back, with Wallace and Tavernier complementing both the midfield and defence. I'll be interested to see how many goals we lose in the first month of action.

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Far too casual for me, hopefully improves with Alves next to him. He's not really been tested defensively yet which seems a strange thing to say given how poor we've been.

His positional sense allows him to anticipate what is in front of him, so he might come across as casual, but I think he is a real talent. I don't think he'll be here long before he is being linked with move away.

Rossiter can open up an oppositions shape very quickly; albeit we haven't had many chances to see him do that, but it is the first think that's noticeable whenever he plays. Jack , Rossiter and Dorrans could give us the strongest midfield in this league, Cardoso and Alves at the back, with Wallace and Tavernier complementing both the midfield and defence. I'll be interested to see how many goals we lose in the first month of action.

The strongest midfield in the league? Mate Brown and Armstrong piss all over Jack and Rossiter ... Jack wasn't even Aberdeen's best midfielder (Kenny McLean)

Just now, K.A.I said:

The strongest midfield in the league? Mate Brown and Armstrong piss all over Jack and Rossiter ... Jack wasn't even Aberdeen's best midfielder (Kenny McLean)

We'll see, but the most glaring thing about that first half, and for a short period of the second against St Johnstone was how different we looked when it came to how the opposition played. We were extremely disciplined at the midfield/defence area.

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Got 0 confidence in any of our wingers and since we're overloaded in central midfield I'd like to see us try 3-5-2/5-3-2

Foderingham

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Tav Dorrans Rossiter Pena Wallace

Herrera Morelos

Lack of decent wingers is a serious concern, we need at least 2 more. I was trying to choose a starting 11 for Marseille and was seriously struggling for wide players. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Lack of decent wingers is a serious concern, we need at least 2 more. I was trying to choose a starting 11 for Marseille and was seriously struggling for wide players. 

I'd love to see us sign Jamie Murphy, more than I would Walker; if we got someone like him we could be really good. Herrera looked good, someone giving him the ball from midfield is necessary. I thought he looked as if he could be a big player for us.