Dougie Wright analysis on Rangers Observer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

Dougie Wright comments for new season.

Good read and I'd agree with him, esp re: cover for Wallace. Interested to read Beerman is natural right sided.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/analysis-a-system-to-fit-pedros-rangers

The stats for regular starters is unreal, a top team with 3 players in the team over 75% of the time is ridiculous and I have to agree with him that it played a major part in our poor season. 

Hopefully this season we can start to see a more regular first team emerge, fuck all this chopping and changing very game. 

40 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Dougie Wright comments for new season.

Good read and I'd agree with him, esp re: cover for Wallace. Interested to read Beerman is natural right sided.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/analysis-a-system-to-fit-pedros-rangers

I quite like Beerman and think he can progress in to a decent wee player, more from an offensive point of view. However, I don't think he is a great defender (so far anyway) and he looks entirely all left footed. I don't know if this was a mistake but Beerman looks anything but naturally right sided...........

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wee Dougie was a good poster on here, too bad not posted for a couple of years even-though he still views the site.

Good article, although not convinced by Beerman at all.

Dougie as in the Roma fan who posted here?

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I quite like Beerman and think he can progress in to a decent wee player, more from an offensive point of view. However, I don't think he is a great defender (so far anyway) and he looks entirely all left footed. I don't know if this was a mistake but Beerman looks anything but naturally right sided...........

He was a right winger at city afaik

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I thought he was a left winger/left back in the City youths. To me though he is not naturally right sided. He's as left footed as Wallace, always looking to get on his left side........

Most places have him down as able to play wing or defence on both sides

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

The stats for regular starters is unreal, a top team with 3 players in the team over 75% of the time is ridiculous and I have to agree with him that it played a major part in our poor season. 

Hopefully this season we can start to see a more regular first team emerge, fuck all this chopping and changing very game. 

Managers who buy shite players  chop and  change in the hope one or two will have a good day. Unfortunately the vast majority  of players MW brought in were shit.

On a positive note Pedro has brought in some international players who he should be able to rely on a  provide us with stability. Fingers crossed.

I think people forget how young and inexperienced Beerman is and he will hopefully improve with first team experience. It will help having someone as good as Alves in defence to guide him. I think it's good for the young defenders to have the opportunity to learn from someone who has played and played well at the highest level instead of someone like Senderos.

Ok, fuck it. I'll predict what will happen in the first 10-12 games.

We will drop points roughly every second game due to a lack of cutting edge, flair, imagination both in home and away games - 1-1 being a very familiar score. The dhims will beat us in Sept although this time it will be a tight game.

By end of october we will be 12-14 pts behind them and Pedro will be on the edge. Call me a doom merchant but it's what i think. Both that big Cameroonian midfielder and that french guy theyve just signed will flourish and be suddenly worth 3-4 times what they paid for them. Thats the formula, good scouting, more ambition in the transfer market to identify 19-23 yr old and a very good coach who improves them and sells them at top dollar to the richest league in the world. And the money is recycled and on and on it goes .......

So more than anything we need to pull out the stops and find a decent coach. Davie Moyes? Controversial giving he played for 'them' but he grew up a bluenose, he's currently out of a job.  No doubt that name will divide opinion but come up with your own name cos it aint Pedro. 

10 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ok, fuck it. I'll predict what will happen in the first 10-12 games.

We will drop points roughly every second game due to a lack of cutting edge, flair, imagination both in home and away games - 1-1 being a very familiar score. The dhims will beat us in Sept although this time it will be a tight game.

By end of october we will be 12-14 pts behind them and Pedro will be on the edge. Call me a doom merchant but it's what i think. Both that big Cameroonian midfielder and that french guy theyve just signed will flourish and be suddenly worth 3-4 times what they paid for them. Thats the formula, good scouting, more ambition in the transfer market to identify 19-23 yr old and a very good coach who improves them and sells them at top dollar to the richest league in the world. And the money is recycled and on and on it goes .......

So more than anything we need to pull out the stops and find a decent coach. Davie Moyes? Controversial giving he played for 'them' but he grew up a bluenose, he's currently out of a job.  No doubt that name will divide opinion but come up with your own name cos it aint Pedro. 

This is pretty much what I expect to happen too, although I see Hibs beating us and that being essentially the straw that breaks the camel's back at least in the case of the support.

Just now, RDFM said:

This is pretty much what I expect to happen too, although I see Hibs beating us and that being essentially the straw that breaks the camel's back at least in the case of the support.

I was going to say hibs will beat us but held back due to other doom shit. 

I still think we should cut our losses with Pedro. I know some will say he needs time but it's those 2 old firm games last year and the odd behaviour all around that time that got my alarm bells going. 

Is Dougie Wright a bear?

Never could tell what his allegiance was, which is largely why I respect his opinion so much.

Nice to see someone who talks about Scottish football from a purely impartial stand point.

If only the same could be said for a majority of the people providing coverage of our sport...