Crooks.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

The model is supposeed to add value and not stockpile 'deadwood'.

Something fundamental has been wrong since the Cup semi-final win 15 months ago.

That cup semi final had me feeling like we were truly on our way back.

Gutting how wrong I was

Whats happened to all the posters who ridiculed the guys who questioned the ability of Accrington Stanley signings? The ones who said anyone who doubted these guys ability knew nothing about the lower English leagues so what do you have to say now?

20 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

Genuinely have no idea who this cunt is

He and Windass came in together from A.Stanley by MW, and Crooks either arrived injured or was injured very early. Then he was sent out on loan to Scunthorpe Utd - and now sold onto Northampton.

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Gutted.

Thanks for the memories Matt. You will be a big loss to the team, Rangers loss is Northampton's gain!! Best of luck!

Who was he again? :hmmm:

:lol:

His key pass (for Hertz, regrettably) at Tynecastle will be etched on my brain forever!

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Maybe a better calibre of player but if you can't motivate them to play together it's fucking pointless.

Of course, I agree with you. In no way arguing that he is a better manager, just feel that his recruits could give more hope than the calibre of player previously brought in.

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Of course, I agree with you. In no way arguing that he is a better manager, just feel that his recruits could give more hope than the calibre of player previously brought in.

When Warburton was sacked, Pedro inherited a squad that had plenty of English League One standard players in key positions. This summer we've brought in Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Peña,  Dorrans and Herrera. Even if they don't all settle, if Pedro was replaced that's a better standard than he inherited. 

The flip side is that a better standard of player expects a certain standard of coaching. If we sacked Pedro and brought in McInnes or Wright then I'm not convinced the foreigners I've mentioned will be sticking around long; the board would need to either bring in someone with a proven track record, or who has worked at a higher level. 

19 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Gutted.

Thanks for the memories Matt. You will be a big loss to the team, Rangers loss is Northampton's gain!! Best of luck!

Who was he again? :hmmm:

:lol:

If he could have taken the other dud we were saddled with at the same time, this news would be even better.

4 hours ago, harlands plater said:

The name Matt Crooks will always sum up the Warburton era in the same way as the name Kevin Kyle will always sum up the McCoist era.

I can honestly say he was the best player I have never seen play for Rangers (unless you count Daniel Prodan)