Is Pedro worse than Warburton?

Guest Lloyd72

Is Pedro worse than Warburton?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Is he?

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit hard to judge given he's had 45 minutes of a friendly only. 

I'd expect more goals with Dorrans and Pena, but fuck knows. 

I didn't see the potential for it; they sat in tight and we played the ball as far as the 18 yard box and more or less run out of ideas. I don't know if I'm wrong or not, but it looks as if Wallace is playing back a bit more, as more of a covering full back, and with McKay gone he looks lost; his form right now has been poor. We look to be two players short for this season: one to play from midfield into a direct attacking position, and a striker to play off Herrera. I like the look of Herrera, if we played two up front, with him in a 10 role, he would possibly make a good impact up front.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I didn't see the potential for it; they sat in tight and we played the ball as far as the 18 yard box and more or less run out of ideas. I don't know if I'm wrong or not, but it looks as if Wallace is playing back a bit more, as more of a covering full back, and with McKay gone he looks lost; his form right now has been poor. We look to be two players short for this season: one to play from midfield into a direct attacking position, and a striker to play off Herrera. I like the look of Herrera, if we played two up front, with him in a 10 role, he would possibly make a good impact up front.

Morelos and Herrera??? 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Morelos and Herrera??? 

Morelos should grow into that position I would say. I thought that one chance he carved out for himself was fairly impressive. Maybe he and Herrera should get more time to gel. I'd also like to see Hardie more and Miller sitting on the bench a bit more.

I just watched the first half of the st Johnstone game. Honestly I thought we were doing well.

The midfield were strolling it. Kranjcar, Pena, dorrans and Jack were all linking up well. Herrera I thought looked impressive.

I think he will be a handful in the box, I would honestly rather morelos was to play alongside Herrera. Miller drops deep all the time effectively leaving one up top far too often. If we lose or draw the first game of the season or even get hammered by Marseille or Sheffield Wednesday then I will start to panic!

7 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

So the team were equally shit after he took over as we were before? Fantastic. And even that ignores the fact that a rookie youth coach actually improved that group of players before Pedro set them right back again.

The bit in bold is just fanciful, unquantifiable nonsense.

So why did we end up with him then? Toss up between him and Gary rowett. How the fuck did murty do wonders or make the team better? A point at the piggery and a last gasp win vs st Johnstone doesn't automatically wipe out the shambles at icy and Dundee where we lost another record but hey, he got a glorious point at the piggery against a complacent taig side

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

So why did we end up with him then? Toss up between him and Gary rowett. How the fuck did murty do wonders or make the team better? A point at the piggery and a last gasp win vs st Johnstone doesn't automatically wipe out the shambles at icy and Dundee where we lost another record but hey, he got a glorious point at the piggery against a complacent taig side

So Murty has the team playing better after 6 games and you slag him for it, while Pedro has 13 plus friendlies, makes the team progressively worse, and he needs time and space? :confused:

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

So Murty has the team playing better after 6 games and you slag him for it, while Pedro has 13 plus friendlies, makes the team progressively worse, and he needs time and space? :confused:

27 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yes sweetie, there are people on RM who will be happy if PC fails, that's an opinion btw so you don't get confused again.  

To be fair I can't believe that; how does it even make sense? If the manager fails, whoever he happens to be, then the team fails. That is like hoping a player fails, and I have never met a fan yet who wants a manager or a player to fail.

I do not want to see PC fail. My problem is that I can see nothing so far that would suggest he can succeed.

when his name first cropped up, my initial thought was... Why him? What has he achieved? What does he bring to the party that makes him so special? Ok he is Portuguese (and so is Mourinho), yes he looks good in a suit with a Rangers tie, ok he has experience in South America. But he is not actually Mourinho, we are needing more than someone who looks good in a suit, and the closet Scottish Football gets to South American football is Cowdenbeath. 

But he is our Manager, and needs our support. I hope is successful, and proves people like me wrong. I just hope Dave King and the Board have a contingency plan in place in case things start going awry. I just cannot see how we can afford to replace him, and start yet another new beginning.

49 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

To be fair I can't believe that; how does it even make sense? If the manager fails, whoever he happens to be, then the team fails. That is like hoping a player fails, and I have never met a fan yet who wants a manager or a player to fail.

Exactly.

Posters seem to obsess over others who have said from the word go Pedro was a mistake. It's not that they want him to fail but simply have been pointing out his obvious flaws since day one and so far not one things has proved them to be wrong in what they said.

Not one poster on here bar the obvious taigs would be happy to see us managerless and miles behind in a few months, that's utter nonsense. We all want Rangers back where we belong, it's just some can see the writing on the wall and others choose to be oblivious to what's staring us in the face.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Exactly.

Posters seem to obsess over others who have said from the word go Pedro was a mistake. It's not that they want him to fail but simply have been pointing out his obvious flaws since day one and so far not one things has proved them to be wrong in what they said.

Not one poster on here bar the obvious taigs would be happy to see us managerless and miles behind in a few months, that's utter nonsense. We all want Rangers back where we belong, it's just some can see the writing on the wall and others choose to be oblivious to what's staring us in the face.

It is, and if he was any good he would prove the doubters wrong. More than any fan either getting behind him is what the players attitude to the manager is, and if he has their support then that will count in a crisis, because the way this team has started the season, and our season has already started, there will be a crisis coming to this team soon. Caixinha has had no impact on the team since he arrived, no new manager bounce etc, which has to be a concern. You're right, we not only want him to succeed, but in a way, we need this to work, especially after giving him what is for us a very sizeable budget so far.

58 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I've never met 'fans' like some of the ones you 'meet' on RM to be fair, well certainly not in my day, but I suspect things may have changed. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I've never met 'fans' like some of the ones you 'meet' on RM to be fair, well certainly not in my day, but I suspect things may have changed. 

Yeah but it is a forum; obviously if I meet a Rangers fan I wouldn't speak about issue after issue; especially if it's in business. I often find the fans outside of forums are basically the same though, just that there isn't the intensity, if that's the right word, of a forum. At a match there is more focus on a game as well, which doesn't give a lot of time for these points either. I do think there is a lot of doubt about the manager though, just as on here.

I hope to fuck its not a case of Deja Vu this year.

The signs don't look good with both European games and recent friendlies. We cant seem to score. I know friendlies don't mean much but we should be scoring in them FFS. Heard all this pish last year that we were playing good but just failing to finish and how that would change.

Pedro has not installed much confidence in me at all and the substitutions he used in the euro games done nothing but make him appear to be out of his depth and tactically inept.

The question implies both are poor. Warburton isn't a poor coach, he had a clear vision of how he wanted players to play. His problem was he made some poor signings and wasn't committed to life in the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

The early signs for caixhina are dreadful and he may well bomb. However, he is committed to life here and understands, even thrives, on the constant attention. He seems to have an unshakeable self belief that cannot be mistaken for complacency. Some of his signings have to prove themselves, but the spine looks solid, at least the players within it. What worries me most is not that we lose the odd stupid goal, but the inability to score. That Inability blighted Warburton's second year and may well de-rail caixhina's from the outset.

9 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

I do not want to see PC fail. My problem is that I can see nothing so far that would suggest he can succeed.

when his name first cropped up, my initial thought was... Why him? What has he achieved? What does he bring to the party that makes him so special? Ok he is Portuguese (and so is Mourinho), yes he looks good in a suit with a Rangers tie, ok he has experience in South America. But he is not actually Mourinho, we are needing more than someone who looks good in a suit, and the closet Scottish Football gets to South American football is Cowdenbeath. 

But he is our Manager, and needs our support. I hope is successful, and proves people like me wrong. I just hope Dave King and the Board have a contingency plan in place in case things start going awry. I just cannot see how we can afford to replace him, and start yet another new beginning.

th_thgoodpost.gif