1. 1. Is he?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

The tims pumped them 5-1 the last time they played in the league, at Pittodrie and it was a dead rubber game :lol:

And Celtic skudded Advocaat's teams too in games, not sure what your point is.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Pedro beat Mcinnes' aberdeen side 3-0 at pitodrie..

Lets be honest that is looking more and more like the freak result it was.

The guy has already took all of the worst records going as our manager, he has no chance here and we need to cut our losses.

If we dont we are fucked and setting ourselves back another year.

5 minutes ago, RDFM said:

And what is your point? That McInness might get better results against the scum with a better budget?

Let's face it, he has done fuck all with Aberdeen in the 4 years he's been there except win a league cup final against Inverness on penalties and finish above the worst ever Rangers top flight side. I'd say Caixinha has a better CV than he does. 

I don't have a problem with Warburton's reign. I didn't want him as manager initially but I thought he did a fantastic job during the Championship season. Last season, was pretty much what I expected of him - considering my initial scepticism of him anyway - and only the nature of his departure disappointed me. Overall, I always felt he was competent.

The current manager is just a fucking clown. I was incredulous when he was appointed and wanted him out at the end of last season. 

There is no comparison between the two. Warburton is far superior.

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Did Advocaat's team bottle it when they built up a sizeable points lead over a poor Celtic team, or again when that same Celtic team were in poor form and gave them a chance to catch up? McInnes isn't good enough for Rangers. If finishing 15 points or so behind a poor Celtic team and a few points ahead of a piss poor Rangers team the following season makes him a candidate for the Rangers job, we'd have been as well sticking with Warburton. He had as much of a chance as McInnes ever does of winning the league - none. 

Passing on McInnes was the right decision. That doesn't mean appointing Pedro was the right one; if we were willing to open up our purse strings then we should have appointed someone else like (Pearson, De Boer, Allardyce, Mancini, Ranieri or anyone with top class experience). 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, jintybear said:

At least warburtons team had a shape. I'm dreading Saturday it'll be embarrassing probably 

:depressed:

I'm quite happy to not be able to make the game on saturday now

Why the fuck do you get a guy in and totally change the whole brand of football youve been working on for 2 years to that which resembles the style of Ally? 

MW tried to play the game in the right way buy he was a fucking novice and couldn't mix things up and was far too predictable. A few tweaks and a better calibre of player we would have been in a better place.

If we're 10pts+ behind them by Xmas and are struggling to a goal win margin against 90% of the league then time to start again. 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

I actually think Pedro is worse. I haven't forgotten how bad McCoist was, serious question, apart from Aberdeen how many games has Pedro actually won?

Ally struggled to get us out of the lower divisions and fucked it in the championship. The fact Pedro has won anything with previous clubs puts him on at least par with Ally.

Both beyond shite.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

And what is your point? That McInness might get better results against the scum with a better budget?

Let's face it, he has done fuck all with Aberdeen in except win a league cup final against Inverness on penalties and finish above the worst ever Rangers top flight side. I'd say Caixinha has a better CV than he does. 

My point is that the more money at your disposal the higher the chance or signing a player that best fits what you want to play and that due to the small budget at Aberdeen McInnes has to buy players that in an ideal world he wouldn't want. However, in spite of that he still manages to get the goods from them. That is the sign of a good coach and it suggests he could do more with more resources.

He hasn't done fuck all with Aberdeen either, he's made them the second best side in Scotland and taken them to more cup finals than would've been expected for a club of their size. Even just this season he took them to two finals and if it wasnt for a literally domestically unstoppable Celtic side he could've very well won something.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Sorry. It was 3-1, and they were 3-0 down after 10 minutes. 

Could be worse a suppose, could be the worst home derby result ever.

3 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Did Advocaat's team bottle it when they built up a sizeable points lead over a poor Celtic team, or again when that same Celtic team were in poor form and gave them a chance to catch up? McInnes isn't good enough for Rangers. If finishing 15 points or so behind a poor Celtic team and a few points ahead of a piss poor Rangers team the following season makes him a candidate for the Rangers job, we'd have been as well sticking with Warburton. He had as much of a chance as McInnes ever does of winning the league - none. 

Passing on McInnes was the right decision. That doesn't mean appointing Pedro was the right one; if we were willing to open up our purse strings then we should have appointed someone else like (Pearson, De Boer, Allardyce, Mancini, Ranieri or anyone with top class experience). 

Did Advocaat have a worse team, and a lot less money.

McInnes, has taken then from 8th to 2nd. Took them from that 8th to 3rd and cup winners in a season.

The important thing, Sacchi said in an editorial in the Gazzetta dello Sport on Saturday, will be for the new owners to give Milan coach Vincenzo Montella the time to mold a proper squad.

Berlusconi and (former Milan vice president Adriano) Galliani were extraordinary and determined with me, showing confidence and respect for me even though we were far from the top by Christmas," Sacchi wrote.

Good article I read about Sacchis' view on the spending at Milan.Now I am not going to compare Pedro to Sacchi but the above paragraphs I pasted over seem relevant.Any manager needs time to get his style and ideas across and any team needs time to gel.Bit early for a comparison between anyone and Pedro and certainly for a straight forward yes or no at this stage!!!

Pedro finished last season with Warburtons squad, won't blame him for that.

This season has not started well (understatement), but we are two competitive games in and the new squad have still all to play together. 

Shocking lack of support or understanding from the yessers in this thread.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Why the fuck do you get a guy in and totally change the whole brand of football youve been working on for 2 years to that which resembles the style of Ally? 

MW tried to play the game in the right way buy he was a fucking novice and couldn't mix things up and was far too predictable. A few tweaks and a better calibre of player we would have been in a better place.

If we're 10pts+ behind them by Xmas and are struggling to a goal win margin against 90% of the league then time to start again. 

There's no such thing. Playing entertaining football means nothing at Rangers if you're not winning, but Warburton himself abandoned his supposed philosophy of playing attractive football with a young team. He saddled us with players that weren't good enough and didn't fit his own system. 

7 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I don't have a problem with Warburton's reign. I didn't want him as manager initially but I thought he did a fantastic job during the Championship season. Last season, was pretty much what I expected of him - considering my initial scepticism of him anyway - and only the nature of his departure disappointed me. Overall, I always felt he was competent.

The current manager is just a fucking clown. I was incredulous when he was appojnted and wanted him out at the end of last season. 

There is no comparison between the two. Warburton is far superior.

You been lying out in the sun?

Warburton was mince, certainly not far superior.