1. 1. Is he?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Did Advocaat's team bottle it when they built up a sizeable points lead over a poor Celtic team, or again when that same Celtic team were in poor form and gave them a chance to catch up? McInnes isn't good enough for Rangers. If finishing 15 points or so behind a poor Celtic team and a few points ahead of a piss poor Rangers team the following season makes him a candidate for the Rangers job, we'd have been as well sticking with Warburton. He had as much of a chance as McInnes ever does of winning the league - none. 

Passing on McInnes was the right decision. That doesn't mean appointing Pedro was the right one; if we were willing to open up our purse strings then we should have appointed someone else like (Pearson, De Boer, Allardyce, Mancini, Ranieri or anyone with top class experience). 

What Forever&Ever said.

BTW McInnes wouldn't be my first choice either, but in the lands of the realistic he's near enough the best we can get.

EDIT - Also Pearson & Allardyce are awful shouts.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Could be worse a suppose, could be the worst home derby result ever.

Did Advocaat have a worse team, and a lot less money.

McInnes, has taken then from 8th to 2nd. Took them from that 8th to 3rd and cup winners in a season.

The team he took over were underperforming to be in 8th place, and his 2nd place finish isn't impressive. Aberdeen bottled the league that year, and that came from the top down. If they'd won even one of the cups last year then I could understand some folk wanting him in, but they didn't - and they did fuck all in the second half of the Scottish Cup Final. If he hadn't played for us no cunt would want him appointed, and if we do appoint him most of those folk will be moaning within a year that he was never good enough and shouldn't have been appointed. 

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

My point is that the more money at your disposal the higher the chance or signing a player that best fits what you want to play and that due to the small budget at Aberdeen McInnes has to buy players that in an ideal world he wouldn't want. However, in spite of that he still manages to get the goods from them. That is the sign of a good coach and it suggests he could do more with more resources.

He hasn't done fuck all with Aberdeen either, he's made them the second best side in Scotland and taken them to more cup finals than would've been expected for a club of their size. Even just this season he took them to two finals and if it wasnt for a literally domestically unstoppable Celtic side he could've very well won something.

The 2nd best team in Scotland means next to nothing. The league is terrible. They were the better team out of us and them last season, I'll happily admit that. But finishing 2nd in the SPFL means relatively fuck all.

Yes they reached 2 cup finals last season, but it can't be denied that they had favourable draws in both cups. I won't bother looking up the earlier rounds, but I do remember then facing Morton and Hibs in the retrospective semi finals. 

As I said, before taking part in his first game, Pedro had probably the more impressive CV. There's is very little credible evidence to suggest McInness would take us to the level we need and want to be at.

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

There's no such thing. Playing entertaining football means nothing at Rangers if you're not winning, but Warburton himself abandoned his supposed philosophy of playing attractive football with a young team. He saddled us with players that weren't good enough and didn't fit his own system. 

Wrong choice of words regarding playing the right way.

He had a brand and philosophy that I agreed with and it looked like the way we were heading with the youths etc. Not saying it totally worked but didnt imagine a wholesale turnaround from the bottom up was going to work within 2 years. You invest time etc into that then give up because a dud like MW failed due to his inept skillset as a manager?

Then hire Pedro.......

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Main difference is the money allocated to each manager.. if warburton was allowed to spend the same what would he have come up with? 

Don't underestimate the amount he wasted on wages, don't think Barton, Nike & Senderos came cheap. A good few mil wasted there easy. 

Just now, Number5 said:

Wrong choice of words regarding playing the right way.

He had a brand and philosophy that I agreed with and it looked like the way we were heading with the youths etc. Not saying it totally worked but didnt imagine a wholesale turnaround from the bottom up was going to work within 2 years. You invest time etc into that then give up because a dud like MW failed due to his inept skillset as a manager?

Then hire Pedro.......

Buy Warburton abandoned that philosophy last summer, which was part of his downfall. If we'd had a young team that were playing attractive football and progressing, he'd have lasted. But he brought in guys like O'Halloran and Garner that didn't fit his style, guys like Senderos and Barton whom he didn't want, and guys that were unproven beyond League Two/League One level down south. 

Pedro didn't tear up Warburton's playbook, as Warburton had already done so.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

The 2nd best team in Scotland means next to nothing. The league is terrible. They were the better team out of us and them last season, I'll happily admit that. But finishing 2nd in the SPFL means relatively fuck all.

Yes they reached 2 cup finals last season, but it can't be denied that they had favourable draws in both cups. I won't bother looking up the earlier rounds, but I do remember then facing Morton and Hibs in the retrospective semi finals. 

As I said, before taking part in his first game, Pedro had probably the more impressive CV. There's is very little credible evidence to suggest McInness would take us to the level we need and want to be at.

It means fuckall for us, but it's a monumental achievement for the likes of Aberdeen as its their ceiling. If he can use limited resources to take Aberdeen to their ceiling a see no reason why he couldn't take us to ours.

Last season's Hibs would've finished 3rd, but that's irrelevant. IMO you can't use the draws he gets against him as its a luck of the draw thing but even then they did face a few tough sides ala St Johnstone and County away.

Pedro definitely had a better CV than him, but he's absolutely shat the bed in Scotland whereas McInnes has thrived. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Who voted yes?

Quote me with your reasons,go for it.

He's had had an absolute nightmare start to this season but I'd love to hear the reasons why he's worse than that baldy tadger.

Think they're both as bad as eachother

Pedro has - 

Celtic @ Ibrox

Aberdeen @ Ibrox

Progres

Warburton has -

Hibs @ Hampden

All the Celtic games 

Hearts 

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

It means fuckall for us, but it's a monumental achievement for the likes of Aberdeen as its their ceiling. If he can use limited resources to take Aberdeen to their ceiling a see no reason why he couldn't take us to ours.

Last season's Hibs would've finished 3rd, but that's irrelevant. IMO you can't use the draws he gets against him as its a luck of the draw thing but even then they did face a few tough sides ala St Johnstone and County away.

Pedro definitely had a better CV than him, but he's absolutely shat the bed in Scotland whereas McInnes has thrived. 

Looking at the league outside us, the tarriers and Aberdeen, I'd expect them to finish above the other 9 teams comparing the size of their support and budget. It's not really much of an achievement for me, but that's just my opinion. 

Just now, RDFM said:

Think they're both as bad as eachother

Pedro has - 

Celtic @ Ibrox

Aberdeen @ Ibrox

Progres

Warburton has -

Hibs @ Hampden

All the Celtic games 

Hearts 

1st two games were Warburton's teams and the Euro game was his own doing admittedly.

Right time to judge him will be the end of this season.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

1st two games were Warburton's teams and the Euro game was his own doing admittedly.

Right time to judge him will be the end of this season.

He won't and shouldn't get that long.