Is Pedro worse than Warburton?

Guest Lloyd72

Is Pedro worse than Warburton?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Is he?

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The folk who couldn't get MW out fast enough are quite probably the Ines who don't want to give Pedro a few months with his own team.

Pedro has made mistakes and will continue to do so, but we cannot sack him after 2 competitive games after trusting him with these signings.

It doesn't look that hopeful, but if we listened to the fans we would have a new manager every 4 weeks.

I wanted Warburton to stay; I also wanted him to get the kind of budget that we appear to have had this summer. That said, if he had to go then it should have been for someone better; this present manager is not better.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voted no

It's to early to tell. 

Warburton had a decent 6 months when he arrived before he became shit. Played well In one game against them. 

Pedro has no good will left after the Europa league result. He can't even afford a draw we need to be hitting the ground running or the clamour to remove him will hit fever pitch. 

6 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I don't have a problem with Warburton's reign. I didn't want him as manager initially but I thought he did a fantastic job during the Championship season. Last season, was pretty much what I expected of him - considering my initial scepticism of him anyway - and only the nature of his departure disappointed me. Overall, I always felt he was competent.

The current manager is just a fucking clown. I was incredulous when he was appojnted and wanted him out at the end of last season. 

There is no comparison between the two. Warburton is far superior.

Yup. I was very impressed with Warburton and think he'd be great with a budget that allowed him the type of players that can live up to his style of play. Would be interesting to see him at a top club in a big league. I also think he was really unlucky with injuries and losing key players last season yet we still nearly always dominated teams but were powderpuff in front of goal. Injuries, losing key players, and making a howler in signing Joey Barton cost him big time or else we'd have finished a comfortable second. 

Think the gold fish bowl and lack of time and understanding up here meant he knew he was in the wrong movie and so wanted away anyway but Pedro is no where near his level. He's the sort of guy who would probably get pass marks for a few seasons at Kilmarnock. We went from dominating teams like we need to despite all the crucial player losses to an already weak squad to seeing teams like Motherwell and Thistle having a real go at us in football terms within weeks under Pedro.

Looks like nothing has changed and many of us were right to be worried. We were called panic merchants but the proof is always on the park. There seems to be no coherent system that allows you to think I can see what he's trying to do and give him time. 

We are now at the point were we are realistically just hoping against months of evident inability.

7 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Yup. I was very impressed with Warburton and think he'd be great with a budget that allowed him the type of players that can live up to his style of play. Would be interesting to see him at a top club in a big league. I also think he was really unlucky with injuries and losing key players last season yet we still nearly always dominated teams but were powderpuff in front of goal. Injuries, losing key players, and making a howler in signing Joey Barton cost him big time or else we'd have finished a comfortable second. 

Think the gold fish bowl and lack of time and understanding up here meant he knew he was in the wrong movie and so wanted away anyway but Pedro is no where near his level. He's the sort of guy who would probably get pass marks for a few seasons at Kilmarnock. We went from dominating teams like we need to despite all the crucial player losses to an already weak squad to seeing teams like Motherwell and Thistle having a real go at us in football terms within weeks under Pedro.

Looks like nothing has changed and many of us were right to be worried. We were called panic merchants but the proof is always on the park. There seems to be no coherent system that allows you to think I can see what he's trying to do and give him time. 

We are now at the point were we are realistically just hoping against months of evident inability.

This is a great post, and your final part is so obvious.which is as you say based on the evidence thus far. It is only a matter of time before we will be looking for another manager, and the sooner it is the better.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This is a great post, and your final part is so obvious.which is as you say based on the evidence thus far. It is only a matter of time before we will be looking for another manager, and the sooner it is the better.

I'm hoping to have to eat my words like the rest of us mate but it's just so obvious that the guy is a journeyman with a few cups. An Ivan Golac at best but right now he's looking more like a McCoist as others have said. I think these guys can do ok at clubs were you don't need to be dominant all the time and win every week. Nothing about this appointment made any sense when you looked at it without the rosy good will we all feel towards a new guy. Especially ones with exotic names that talk the good stuff in terms of sounding all scientific with the jargon. 

I'm just gutted as I wasn't really over last season yet. It ground me down badly. Might just be the accumulation of all these years of shit but now for the first time I genuinely feel no sense of hope going into a new season. 

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

I'm hoping to have to eat my words like the rest of us mate but it's just so obvious that the guy is a journeyman with a few cups. An Ivan Golac at best but right now he's looking more like a McCoist as others have said. I think these guys can do ok at clubs were you don't need to be dominant all the time and win every week. Nothing about this appointment made any sense when you looked at it without the rosy good will we all feel towards a new guy. Especially ones with exotic names that talk the good stuff in terms of sounding all scientific with the jargon. 

I'm just gutted as I wasn't really over last season yet. It ground me down badly. Might just be the accumulation of all these years of shit but now for the first time I genuinely feel no sense of hope going into a new season. 

I don't think there is anything I can add to that, except to say that I hope I eat my words as well. We haven't got better from the last season, although we have spent money; that is a real concern.

4 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Last season was a clusterfuck from begining to end, as was the last 5 months of the season before. MW put together a squad of dross taking us nowhere. He was the one coming out out with the management jargon and it was obvious he hadn't a clue what he was talking about. He was very quckly found out in the top tier. His refusal to change things. His arrogance of not looking at other teams. Didn't know how to change it. Do plan A better. Utter shite in coaching terms, who you wouldn't loose on a juvenile team. Look at the points difference. That was the reality. 

We were NEVER going anywhere in the EL with that squad, peppered with a couple of his new signings, as well no other team in Scotland being able to qualify for the previous 5 years.

We are not who we were in playing terms. A million miles from it and it's fuck all to do with PC and everything to do with successive boards. 

To judge any manager without his own players is absolute madness, particularly when the squad he inherited was utter dross.

This current PC hate campaign under the circumstances is utter madness, will get us nowhere and is shameless.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Last season was a clusterfuck from begining to end, as was the last 5 months of the season before. MW put together a squad of dross taking us nowhere. He was the one coming out out with the management jargon and it was obvious he hadn't a clue what he was talking about. He was very quckly found out in the top tier. His refusal to change things. His arrogance of not looking at other teams. Didn't know how to change it. Do plan A better. Utter shite in coaching terms, who you wouldn't loose on a juvenile team. Look at the points difference. That was the reality. 

We were NEVER going anywhere in the EL with that squad, peppered with a couple of his new signings, as well no other team in Scotland being able to qualify for the previous 5 years.

We are not who we were in playing terms. A million miles from it and it's fuck all to do with PC and everything to do with successive boards. 

To judge any manager without his own players is absolute madness, particularly when the squad he inherited was utter dross.

This current PC hate campaign under the circumstances is utter madness, will get us nowhere and is shameless.

Warburton lost half the better players in his team and still we dominated in most matches. Garner was a poor buy for the price and that cost us along with having to field his championship side in the top league. We played much better despite him losing so many players though compared to Pedro. He's now had a lot more to spend than Warburton and hopefully we don't lose as many but I think if you watch the games then the answer is easy to see when it comes to who was better. If he can't get us much closer to that lot given the spend and barring the bad luck of last season then he's worse than even all the other Scottish managers. I expect we will be better but not in any meaningful way because I think he is just a journeyman manager and not good enough. A distant and clear second is no good given the backing he's been given. 

The stuff about tactics and analysing opponents is meaningless if you go out and play like amateurs. Same with not being expected to do well in Europe. There's a big difference between that and going out to a pub team. So far we've been utterly hopeless under Pedro no matter how hard people try to find excuses for him.

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Although we were going nowhere in the EL we should have made it to the next qualifier at least. How long do we give him?. We have seen lesser teams promoted to the top tier and on their second season fail and go back down. I know that sounds drastic and I don't think it would happen to us but we NEED to get a good start to the league and start putting the fear back into teams ESPECIALLY when they come to Ibrox. 

58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What happened in Luxembourg was everything to do with PC . His team , his tactics and that result ultimately lies with him

At least with MW you felt he had a plan. 

I don't know what Pedro's is anymore. I thought it was high tempo, high pressure, with lots of balls into the box - but he's also being playing this shite diamond formation which is pretty narrow. 

Fuck knows anymore.

I'm at the point where I'd happily take McLeish back and got straight 4-4-2. 

15 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Miles worse. Warburton had a plan at least we weren't good enough to do it and he couldn't alter it but with a bit of money we would have got better in time. Pedro is a dud.

Not comparing him to Pedro with this but Warburton was a complete fucking loser who will never win anything of note as a manager because he is a loser. Just like the various losers he signed.

Of course he is.  Pedro is a tactical dud and although Warburton wasn't much better he at least had one plan (even though he wouldn't/couldn't change it).

Those saying we haven't seen enough to judge, I have.  I saw the last third of the season, I saw our brief European encounter and I've seen/heard enough from the friendlies to know we are in deep trouble.

He'll flounder around until October, by which point we'll be about 5th in the league with more draws than wins and the board will finally have to acknowlede the HUGE mistake they have made.  Who is Stewart Robertson anyway, get him out.

Now don't get me wrong, we weren't going anywhere with Warburton and I am still happy he has gone but there must have been better options.  It sounds like we could have possibly had Frank de Boer if we had showed ambition.  Kind of hope that isn't true because if it is it's the most depressing thing ever.

We're going to be relying on Eck or Walter Smith to steady the ship once this gigantic mess is finally written off