1. 1. Is he?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OhW said:

I'm embarrassed to even call him our manager.

After pre season? Really?  Only in the internet world can friendly results be this exaggerated.

i honestly can't understand how some folks get through their days- it seems everything is all doom n gloom.

weve had bad results in preseason and admittedly a howler in the UEFA cup. But I'll take all shocking preseasons if it leads to a good domestic season for us. I've mentioned numerous times about getting skelped by zizkov - we won the treble that year even after dropping points in game one v killie, and we got skelped by some farmers from Lithuania 3 months after reaching the UEFA cup final and we did a double that year.

you just never know in football what can happen and it's far far too early to call for the manager to be replaced

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

After pre season? Really?  Only in the internet world can friendly results be this exaggerated.

i honestly can't understand how some folks get through their days- it seems everything is all doom n gloom.

weve had bad results in preseason and admittedly a howler in the UEFA cup. But I'll take all shocking preseasons if it leads to a good domestic season for us. I've mentioned numerous times about getting skelped by zizkov - we won the treble that year even after dropping points in game one v killie, and we got skelped by some farmers from Lithuania 3 months after reaching the UEFA cup final and we did a double that year.

you just never know in football what can happen and it's far far too early to call for the manager to be replaced

What is it with people ignoring the fact that he took over last season? We got fucked 5-1 by them at Ibrox, in case you've forgotten. He's overseen 2 of the worst results in our history and shown nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest things will improve.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not comparing him to Pedro with this but Warburton was a complete fucking loser who will never win anything of note as a manager because he is a loser. Just like the various losers he signed.

What did you expect of Warburton with the budget he got? Those "losers" you refer to were low budget buys, or perhaps you may have forgotten about that.

On 07/07/2017 at 10:35 AM, OhW said:

Pedro is shit. Get him to fuck ASAP.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

I thought he was an amazing manager who would lead us to the treble this year; then that friendly happened yesterday and I completely changed my view of him.

You talk pish.... you have been saying it for ages

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Last season was a clusterfuck from begining to end, as was the last 5 months of the season before. MW put together a squad of dross taking us nowhere. He was the one coming out out with the management jargon and it was obvious he hadn't a clue what he was talking about. He was very quckly found out in the top tier. His refusal to change things. His arrogance of not looking at other teams. Didn't know how to change it. Do plan A better. Utter shite in coaching terms, who you wouldn't loose on a juvenile team. Look at the points difference. That was the reality. 

We were NEVER going anywhere in the EL with that squad, peppered with a couple of his new signings, as well no other team in Scotland being able to qualify for the previous 5 years.

We are not who we were in playing terms. A million miles from it and it's fuck all to do with PC and everything to do with successive boards. 

To judge any manager without his own players is absolute madness, particularly when the squad he inherited was utter dross.

This current PC hate campaign under the circumstances is utter madness, will get us nowhere and is shameless.

Couldn't put it any better. For 

The Pedro Oot brigade who want him gone now and will take no excuses...who comes in a few weeks before the season, reorganises this squad and does better? And how expensive is that gonna be? We simply don't know enough about the new squad and last season doesn't give much in the way of evidence.

Bearing in mind we will have to pay millions to get rid of Caixinha and his staff. If you don't have a realistic suggestion, then calm down and wait and see what comes. In all honesty the team isn't the finished article yet as Pre-season is still ongoing and the first team isn't settled. 

We have achieved enough this summer that ongoing our only concern is the football for the first time in years. Now the last and hardest task is getting the football right. 

Would love to know why folk think he can turn it around. Is it just wishful thinking or have you genuinely seen something that has you thinking he just needs more time.

Bear in mind that Ally looked awful and folk said he needed more time.

I'd rather we weren't embarrassed on a yearly basis so forgive my early verdict on Pedro. 

Pedro may or may not be a dud, I honestly am not sure, the Progres result severely weakens the case for any defence. 

The only thing I would say, is that the damage Warburton did runs beyond the day he left the club. We continue to have players in our squad who aren't good enough and will know they aren't wanted - that has to be difficult to work with and create the culture and focus you want. Equally Warburton did establish a mindset of stats and performance over results, in fairness Pedro is out of time using that as any excuse but he inherited it and it wouldn't have changed over night (thinking about results late last year) in particular when working with players simply not good enough (shite is more accurate)  

It is my opinion that Pedro needs more time however I am mindful I thought similar about MW when others were way ahead of me on seeing him for what he was. 

It's a big concern we are two weeks away from kick off and do not appear ready, anything less than 9 from 9 in 1st 3 games he is under huge pressure. Equally we are a fickle bunch, he is a few good results away from opinion changing entirely. 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

What is it with people ignoring the fact that he took over last season? We got fucked 5-1 by them at Ibrox, in case you've forgotten. He's overseen 2 of the worst results in our history and shown nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest things will improve.

We were outclassed in 5/6 oldfirm games. It's bad to lose the record vs the sheep but we never exactly destroyed them back in December at ibrox did we?  We were justifiably in 3rd place.  I can have no complaints about them thrashing us, as a player if you can't get up for an oldfirm game then you may aswell chuck it. 

I wonder how many old firms have been won through tactics?  I bet a minority of them have.  Better players will always come through and we had the 3rd best players last year.

its no coincidence eck only chatted to the board once then distanced himself from the job- Pedro is about the best this board will attract and we just have to hope it comes good. Cos there's no chance of deboer or other household names joining us

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

See this 'we lost to Kaunas or Zizkov' or 'Scottish clubs bar the scum flop in Europe' party lines that are being thrown about are some of the worst attempts to deflect away from the worst result in our history.

Mental eh :lol:

McLeish had just won the double with a squad that were performing hopelessly before he took over and Walter had just led us to a European final. Obviously those results were ridiculous but those guys had enough credit they could afford them. Under Pedro it looks like those results will be the norm. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

See this 'we lost to Kaunas or Zizkov' or 'Scottish clubs bar the scum flop in Europe' party lines that are being thrown about are some of the worst attempts to deflect away from the worst result in our history.

Let's see... losing to zizkov with deboer,amo,klos,arteta,ferguson and numan etc or losing to progres with players I've never heard of added to shite like waghorn and Wallace etc.  I know which was the worst result of the 2

1 hour ago, markem said:

Pedro may or may not be a dud, I honestly am not sure, the Progres result severely weakens the case for any defence. 

The only thing I would say, is that the damage Warburton did runs beyond the day he left the club. We continue to have players in our squad who aren't good enough and will know they aren't wanted - that has to be difficult to work with and create the culture and focus you want. Equally Warburton did establish a mindset of stats and performance over results, in fairness Pedro is out of time using that as any excuse but he inherited it and it wouldn't have changed over night (thinking about results late last year) in particular when working with players simply not good enough (shite is more accurate)  

It is my opinion that Pedro needs more time however I am mindful I thought similar about MW when others were way ahead of me on seeing him for what he was. 

It's a big concern we are two weeks away from kick off and do not appear ready, anything less than 9 from 9 in 1st 3 games he is under huge pressure. Equally we are a fickle bunch, he is a few good results away from opinion changing entirely. 

Perfect comment.

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

What did you expect of Warburton with the budget he got? Those "losers" you refer to were low budget buys, or perhaps you may have forgotten about that.

With his budget he should have been comfortably second in the league. There's absolutely no doubt that Pedro has been backed to much greater extent than Warburton ever was but it doesn't change the fact he's a loser. He made defeats and draws become acceptable. I sat in a Q&A at Ibrox with him where he tried to justify the various defeats we suffered under him (Hibs, Aberdeen & celtic) and tried to make them seem unacceptable.

FWIW I've said for a while now Pedro wont be here by the time celtic come to Ibrox at the end of September. Our problems go much deeper than just the manager.

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We also won the treble after Zizkov and the double after Kaunas.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

With his budget he should have been comfortably second in the league. There's absolutely no doubt that Pedro has been backed to much greater extent than Warburton ever was but it doesn't change the fact he's a loser. He made defeats and draws become acceptable. I sat in a Q&A at Ibrox with him where he tried to justify the various defeats we suffered under him (Hibs, Aberdeen & celtic) and tried to make them seem unacceptable.

FWIW I've said for a while now Pedro wont be here by the time celtic come to Ibrox at the end of September. Our problems go much deeper than just the manager.

I agree with your last point, but I also think we cannot gauge Warburton properly with the budget he was on; he may have still failed, but I don't buy the notion that every player he signed, or even half of those he signed, he would have signed regardless of budget- we'll see how he does at Forest, and if he fails there, ie they don't make significant progress then I'll agree he doesn't have it; in all fairness your very last point kind of verifies that. It's a fair point you make though, overall, but I would think it would be better to move the manager on now, rather than wait. I hope the manager does it here, but I don't think he will, and not once has he convinced me that he can.

I've never know a Rangers manager to actually be under pressure to win pre season friendlies and this is where we are at present. In saying that ive never know a pre season to be such an utter shambles with all this behind closed doors pish twice against opponents we will meet at least a further 4 times. 

So far in Pedro's reign the fans confidence took a battering with those two OF games,  wounds we thought were closing were slashed wide open a couple of months later and are continuing to bleed at present. This is the main problem PC has just now.

The first 2 league games will  carry a massive  amount of pressure, failure to win either will bring meltdown.

Many fans doubted Warbuton for a while before the penny dropped however  too quickly too many fans have lost confidence in PC.

Personally my anger is targeted at this Stewart Robertson character and dont think he is fit to judge who should be a Rangers manager.

21 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

We were outclassed in 5/6 oldfirm games. It's bad to lose the record vs the sheep but we never exactly destroyed them back in December at ibrox did we?  We were justifiably in 3rd place.  I can have no complaints about them thrashing us, as a player if you can't get up for an oldfirm game then you may aswell chuck it. 

I wonder how many old firms have been won through tactics?  I bet a minority of them have.  Better players will always come through and we had the 3rd best players last year.

its no coincidence eck only chatted to the board once then distanced himself from the job- Pedro is about the best this board will attract and we just have to hope it comes good. Cos there's no chance of deboer or other household names joining us

So the team were equally shit after he took over as we were before? Fantastic. And even that ignores the fact that a rookie youth coach actually improved that group of players before Pedro set them right back again.

The bit in bold is just fanciful, unquantifiable nonsense.

Those two results against Kaunus and Zizkov we were below par, the worrying thing about the European tie this season was that it didn't look as if we could play much better; that worried me more than anything, how below par where we actually? It was the same yesterday, we really didn't bother the opposition, and none of the players looked capable of being much better than theirs. Either the players are not good enough, or the manager is not getting the best out of them; if it is the latter, it will only be a matter of time before he goes. I like Caixinha in terms of how he comes across, he is a likeable person, but does he have it to be manager of a club like Rangers? His record, sadly, suggests not.

The Progress result was without doubt the worst European result in our history. We lost in the first qualifying round of a second rate tournament to the 4th best part time team in Luxembourg. 

That said, we all know he dramatically needed to rebuild the squad after last year - and at that point we didn't have Alves, Dorrans, Pena or Herrera as available starters for either leg, effectively the entire spine of our team. 

I'm hoping he turns things around with 'his' players, but that's all it is - hope, rather than confidence or expectation.

Normally, I'd say who cares about preseason (and I did at the start), but a very worrying pattern is emerging. We just can't seem to score goals anymore.