Once Pedro wins us the league this season

KeyserSoze

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Your main point is in defence of Pedro and justifying keeping him in a job. 

What do you mean "if" we are constantly embarrassed? Do you not agree we've been woeful with him in charge? It's not a case of saying the season hasn't started yet that's neither here nor there the criticisms are from when he took over until now ... and our season should be underway we should be playing the second round of European fixtures by now remind me how that went with this genius in charge?

Im not defending Pedro...Im advocating patience which is entirely different.

We were no worse tail end of last season than during it.

Of course the season not started yet is relevant...game time and momentum have a recognised impact on performance as will the introduction of players with international experience. 

Last season is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure most on here applauded the Board getting a manager in early to see the dross we had at first hand.

It shouldn't have come as any great surprise that there wasn't a bounce in performances. Most knew they were dead men walking.

As for the Europa Cup, it appears to have come too early. I dont think there should be a change of management as a result but clearly others differ.

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Where the hell have you been? Several posters were thinking about holding a vigil for you.

Just needed a wee break mate people on here were getting on my tits after the St Johnstone game 

1 hour ago, OhW said:

You say "did I say he was a genius?" right after you've made up the lie that people said we should be an "all-conquering goal scoring machine". so you are just as bad.

i'm not really :)

its not a lie, a lie is a blatant distortion of the truth....

it was an observation based comment given some of the posts and replies on here and was construed to highlight my point about expectation.

36 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's a new one talking about something that happened 5-years ago to justify Pedro's failings 

I take my hat off to you mate. 

It's not new....it's called 'cause and effect' 

Nowt to do with Pedro's failings its to do with our ability to challenge in the short term 

11 minutes ago, OhW said:

Wrong. We got worse under Pedro.

The excuse given for this is that he was "experimenting to see what the players could do".

The tail end of the season was a dead rubber, nowt to play for other than pride, something which clearly didn't feature prior to Perdo's arrival.

If it was to see what they could do then id say the experiment was worthwhile. Remains to be seen if Pedro's is the man to turn it round.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

The tail end of the season was a dead rubber, nowt to play for other than pride, something which clearly didn't feature prior to Perdo's arrival.

If it was to see what they could do then id say the experiment was worthwhile. Remains to be seen if Pedro's is the man to turn it round.

Nothing to play for apart from second place and the Scottish Cup 

please stop trying to rationalise the failings and justifying them - we need to be honest.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing to play for apart from second place and the Scottish Cup 

please stop trying to rationalise the failings and justifying them - we need to be honest.

I am being honest. Pains me to say it but:

We were never going to beat Celtic and then go on to win the Scottish Cup

We were always going to struggle to come 2nd on our immediate return

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

Stop trying to be smart. You said "So, he's being criticised for not turning a team full of under achievers into an all conquering goal scoring machine?" Nobody said that's what we should be, so I see that as (to use your definition) "a blatant distortion of the truth", i.e. a lie.

Not trying to be smart.

Loads of folk on this forum are wringing their hands because we aren't scoring goals, because we aren't beating most of the closed door opposition we've faced.

That suggests an expectation that we should be scoring goals and winning games as a matter of course. 

Something id have fully expected 10 years ago, not now....unfortunately.

We had to play for 3 multiple decade long records when Pedro came in. We lost them all. Celtics biggest win at Ibrox in 100 years or something disgusting like that, Aberdeen first win at Ibrox for nearly 30 years and Celtic beating us in a Scottish cup semi which hadn't happen for about half a century. 

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Are you one of the "Mourinho couldn't do any better" crew?

Nope, because clearly he could!

As would Rednapp and dare i say Pardew.

But we had McLeish, Ferguson, McInnes, Neil & Rowlett as our more likely options.

I'm not convinced any of those would have made much of a difference.

Just now, OhW said:

Yeah but have you considered

1. We were taken into administration and lost pretty much every player worth keeping

2. We were relegated to the bottom division AND it took us two attempts to get out of the Championship

3. We were woefully managed by a former player way out his depth for far too long

4. We were denied practically any income from merchandise 

:megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish:

"IT WASNT HIS TEAMMMMMMMMM".

17 minutes ago, RDFM said:

We had to play for 3 multiple decade long records when Pedro came in. We lost them all. Celtics biggest win at Ibrox in 100 years or something disgusting like that, Aberdeen first win at Ibrox for nearly 30 years and Celtic beating us in a Scottish cup semi which hadn't happen for about half a century. 

And all the while we had a strong spine running through the team, had money pouring in from shirt sales to fund squad improvements, been regularly playing in the top tier and had money in the bank from numerous European runs!

Oh, hang on a minute....

1 hour ago, beararse said:

How about:

1. We were taken into administration and lost pretty much every player worth keeping

2. We were relegated to the bottom division AND it took us two attempts to get out of the Championship

3. We were woefully managed by a former player way out his depth for far too long

4. We were denied practically any income from merchandise 

I cant comprehend how anyone can claim that retaining a 30 year unbeaten run against a bitter rival, finishing 2nd in the Premie League at the first attempt and NOT getting pumped by a team assembled for a hell of a lot more money is realistic.

Incidentally, Rangers got pumped 6-2 by Celtic (albeit at Parkhead) with a team consisting Klos, Ricksen (Tugay 22), Konterman, Amoruso, Vidmar (Kanchelskis 65), Reyna, Ferguson, van Bronckhorst, McCann (Lovenkranes 76), Dodds, Wallace. That team included 12 senior internationals at the very top of their game so if they can get beaten by 4 goals then its not unrealistic that a team full of no marks and underachievers with a new manager at the helm can suffer the same fate, regardless of where the game is played. 

Granted Progres should have been dispatched but lets face it we should have been 3 or 4 up after the first half of the home game. 

Interesting how nobody has challenged this particular paragraph yet but are happy to dismiss points 1-4

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Interesting how nobody has challenged this particular paragraph yet but are happy to dismiss points 1-4

Allow me ..

bad results happen. 3 record breaking defeats and an exit from Europe off Luxembourg's 4th team in the space of about 5-months isnt a one off or just bad luck. 

That season we also beat the fenians 5-1 in the return fixture - do you think Pedro and this team are capable of that ?

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Warburton managed to not lose any of those records. 

To be fair, he had a full season to work with his team before reaching the Premier League.

we'll never know if he would have retained all/any of the records had he been dropped in at the tail end of a shitty season.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Allow me ..

bad results happen. 3 record breaking defeats and an exit from Europe off Luxembourg's 4th team in the space of about 5-months isnt a one off or just bad luck. 

That season we also beat the fenians 5-1 in the return fixture - do you think Pedro and this team are capable of that ?

We'll find out shortly

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Allow me ..

This team haven't played them yet. The next OF game will probably have 3 players who started the last one in our side.