***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

I hope it's Herrera and Morelos up top, Miller on bench. Agree with Niko too but don't know who we have to play in that '10' role. Would like to see Candieas start but him being a winger would give us a lopsided look as we don't have a left winger and it probably would mean 1 up top which I don't want. Or Dalcio left which I want even less!

Any chance Candieas could play '10' or am I trying too hard to get Niko out the team?

Apparently Rossiter had been rested from training for a few days, all down to his recover from such a long lay off. Hope this is true as think he could be a handy player for us going forward. 

Might be worth trying Candais as a number 10 type mate - can't really hurt as he's not a winger that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Jelavic191 said:

Hope Dorrans, Pena, Herrera and Alves all get some game time today. 

After the ST J game I'm sure Pedro commented on the first half performance saying something along the lines of the squad starting that half was close to our first choice squad so can only imagine they will start again today ??

Just now, K.A.I said:

Might be worth trying Candais as a number 10 type mate - can't really hurt as he's not a winger that's for sure.

He looks sharp and quick, could be just the guy to make runs beyond the strikers and could drift wide if needed and put crosses in. I'm really just trying to replace Niko with someone 500x sharper. 

11 hours ago, Inigo said:

You won't be moved at this stage mate. 

You wont be moved just have some buy at the gate worst yins around you ? a cunt sat a few seats across from me once at a pay at the gate and was doing BJ hand and mouth signals to the opposition ?

23 minutes ago, Cobham said:

He looks sharp and quick, could be just the guy to make runs beyond the strikers and could drift wide if needed and put crosses in. I'm really just trying to replace Niko with someone 500x sharper. 

Why? Dont you know he is the best player in the squad?

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

4-4-2 with a flat midfield 4 and Alves starting.

Wonder if he'll have Dorrans wide left?

Possibility, i just want to see more of the first team chosen players to get most of the match out and get their fitness up. I dont want any excuses about fitness not up to speed yet come start of the season. 

I know theres only 90 mins and its wise to use them to cycle potential 1st team players but even if dorrans and alves get more than 45 i would be happy.

Just now, PRW. said:

Its about the performances for me in pre season, not the result. 

You can play well and not win. 

Surely if we won then we would have more than likely played well to beat marseille, so you would have a win and a performance? ? but ok i see what your saying..

3 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Why? Dont you know he is the best player in the squad?

Deliver the ball directly to his foot and yes there's some nice stuff happens. Ask him to move to get the ball and it all goes to shit, not mobile enough unfortunately despite all the nice 40 yard cross pitch passes. 

27 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Apparently a 4-4-2 with two wide players, from a poster on FF. 

Hopefully Miller isn't one of the wide players. 

Aye I agree. He might get the odd goal here and there but shoe horning Miller into the team really needs to stop, he stifles us going forward 

7 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Surely if we won then we would have more than likely played well to beat marseille, so you would have a win and a performance? ? but ok i see what your saying..

Thats a bit unrealistic though, I don't expect us to win against a squad that contains Payet, Gustavo, Thauvin, Evra, Cabella, N'Jie, Rolando, Rami, Ocampos & Mandana. :lol: