Realistic Expectation Next Season

Rangers Finishing Position 2017/8  

336 members have voted

1. 1. What position will we hold in the league at the end of the 2017/8 season?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Lower than Fifth

Just now, Gazzalivesforever said:

Pre-season is never a true indicator. Are you sure?

We struggled against part timers in Charlston last year, pumped by Burnley at home, pumped by Liepzig away. Id say that was a very good indicator to what came last year.

to be honest mate - i was putting that in because a lot of posters class them as "Meaningless friendlies" and i wanted to avoid the arguments. I prefer to class them as being the writing on the wall.

If we play similar to last season it will be a slog for 3rd. Dont agree with if we get caixinha out we will get 2nd, no one knows who the replacement would be and it would be a manager utilising another managers transfer signings and legacy squad. Still not out the woods yet, this will come to a point in 2 or 3 seasons and it will be a high pressure environment to stop the bheasts gettin 10iar. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A battle with Hibs and Hearts for third.

Our problems last season were that we were too weak, no pace in team and team lacked goals.

I look at squad and still see same problems.

We've brought Alves, Cardoso, Pena, Dorrans, Herrera, and Jack to compete with those two for third? I don't think so.

I hate the thought of this season.

This is the first time I've ever went into a season being completely convinced we won't win the league. Even last season I didn't feel that way as I thought with the new faces and the fact we beat the taigs in the cup semi final that maybe it could happen, stupid, but I had that belief. I have nothing close to that now.

We are Rangers, I expect us to come first.

Wether we do is a different matter, I have this gut feeling that we may surprise and what he is trying starts to click, as it stands Pedro has a few months to see how his team does, if its looking like another disaster come christmas he needs to go, hope this doesn't happen though.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That's not what i said.

My expectattion is that we'll be battling for third.

What didn't you say that I said you said?! Your expectation is we will be battling for third, and I said we didn't bring those players I mentioned here to do that. 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A battle with Hibs and Hearts for third.

Our problems last season were that we were too weak, no pace in team and team lacked goals.

I look at squad and still see same problems.

I think we have improved in terms of strength but the lack of decent wide players is a real worry

Fuckin fed up of all the negativity. Aberdeen are fuckin gash and much weaker than last year where, with the exception of the last game,were lucky to take anything from us. We have a much better squad than last year and I'm pretty confident that this season will come down to how we play against the beadrattlers and, I still think they're overhyped to fuck...

MUST make second place. We don't have the quality to overhaul sellic, for all it should always be our aim. 

We need to hope that some players step up and improve beyond what they've shown so far and then build on that foundation of a decent squad by adding a few next season to a more settled squad and really challenge for the title then.

As for cups, depends on the draw.

5 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Fuckin fed up of all the negativity. Aberdeen are fuckin gash and much weaker than last year where, with the exception of the last game,were lucky to take anything from us. We have a much better squad than last year and I'm pretty confident that this season will come down to how we play against the beadrattlers and, I still think they're overhyped to fuck...

Don't agree.

Aye they've lost some big players but they've recruited excellently.

would like to be still challenging at xmas for top spot so it gives the board a chance to buy another couple of players to make the push for the 2nd half of the season.  If we can win the first couple of games and get a bit of confidence then I think we will look like a good side and the goals will come. We need to give the team a chance tho and I think that there are people who have made their mind up about the boss that it could quickly have a negative effect on the team which will do more harm. The european result was shocking but he isn't the first and certainly wont be the last manager to have a shocker of a result in europe. 

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What didn't you say that I said you said?! Your expectation is we will be battling for third, and I said we didn't bring those players I mentioned here to do that. 

We didn't bring in Barton, Kranjcar etc to finish third but that's exactly what happened.

18 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I think we have improved in terms of strength but the lack of decent wide players is a real worry

We still have the same shite full-backs.

Is Jack really any better than we had?

absolutely zero creativity through squad and our 37 yr old striker will still be required to score our goals.

Throw in squad disharmony, a clear lack of faith in manager from some and it's a recipe for disaster.