'Five Captains'.

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Never seen it im working but scoring a free kick doesn't make my point any less valid,he slows the game to walking pace,fitness levels are abysmal and in tougher games will be a passenger,we'll be a better side without him in it

He got man of the match aswell.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He wasn't atrocious. He was decent imo.

Miller and Niko were quite shite, I agree.

Only seen the second half though.

Spent most of the game thinking he was a winger as usual. Repeatedly made a run down the left only to return the ball straight back to the person that had passed to him whenever he got it. The few crosses he did actually attempt went straight to Marseille players.

Defensively he was shite as usual. He's the weak link in our defence.

Dunno what game folk were watching but wallace and kranjcar were excellent for me. First half kranjcar's range of passing was sublime and he looked the classiest player on the park.

Shouldn't play every game but still feel he will have a massive impact on our season.

46 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Dunno what game folk were watching but wallace and kranjcar were excellent for me. First half kranjcar's range of passing was sublime and he looked the classiest player on the park.

Shouldn't play every game but still feel he will have a massive impact on our season.

A different one from you clearly. Kranjcar attempted several of the passes he was spraying about against Progres but had practically no joy with them at all. His set pieces were awful as well other than a superb free kick. A few wee decent turns and flicks but overall he was pretty poor imo.

52 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Ales was the main man today. Wallace and Miller were rotten. Wallace was mediocre and Millers head was constantly down shaking in disgust whenever a team mate didn't pull a pass or move off like Messi. 

Miller had a cheek shaking his head at anyone tbh. Lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away today.

2 hours ago, 55Bear said:

Exactly. Now fuck up spidercunt 

So you don't know what kind of leader he is off the pitch ? Before games ? At half time ? How he conducts himself On the training pitch or How he encourages team mates who are injured? .......A rangers captain to you is someone who points and screams at his team mates  when they are playing shit... well with high standards like that Halliday could be your man.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Miller had a cheek shaking his head at anyone tbh. Lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away today.

He as dreadful. First 30 minutes was worst i ever remember him. Very very poor. I felt as if play always broke down with Miller and Wallace today. Both just look so far technically away from team mates it's scary. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He as dreadful. First 30 minutes was worst i ever remember him. Very very poor. I felt as if play always broke down with Miller and Wallace today. Both just look so far technically away from team mates it's scary. 

100% agree with this. 1 is too old now and the other just isn't good enough for us imo.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

A different one from you clearly. Kranjcar attempted several of the passes he was spraying about against Progres but had practically no joy with them at all. His set pieces were awful as well other than a superb free kick. A few wee decent turns and flicks but overall he was pretty poor imo.

Kranjcar was spraying passes about very successfully from what i saw, especially first half against quality opposition.

If you think his set pieces were awful, watch some Ian Black set pieces that will remind you as to what an awful set piece is. The only real awful one i remember is the corner he clearly mis-hit.

I've got my doubts about Niko starting games. For example the second leg against progres, the old firm game he played, (i think he only played 1???) he was a wasted jersey, but credit where its due, i thought he was great today first half, for me he was the difference maker, the one player with real class in our side. Really don't know how anyone could see otherwise today, but thats the beauty of the game, everyone has there own opinion.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

So you don't know what kind of leader he is off the pitch ? Before games ? At half time ? How he conducts himself On the training pitch or How he encourages team mates who are injured? .......A rangers captain to you is someone who points and screams at his team mates  when they are playing shit... well with high standards like that Halliday could be your man.

And how much time do you spend in the dressing room or at the training ground? By your logic Kiernan could have been your man ya rocket. And I never said points and screams when they're playing shit, you just plucked that out of thin air like a fucking daily record journalist. A captain is a leader who can make the difference and lift the players in the heat of a game. For me Wallace is an average left back at best, and does very little on the park to pick the team up, and in my opinion shouldnt be the captain of our team. Thats what I think so if you don't agree thats fair enough but I'd suggest you deal with it and move on cause I really couldn't give a fuck if you don't agree. 

43 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Kranjcar was spraying passes about very successfully from what i saw, especially first half against quality opposition.

If you think his set pieces were awful, watch some Ian Black set pieces that will remind you as to what an awful set piece is. The only real awful one i remember is the corner he clearly mis-hit.

I've got my doubts about Niko starting games. For example the second leg against progres, the old firm game he played, (i think he only played 1???) he was a wasted jersey, but credit where its due, i thought he was great today first half, for me he was the difference maker, the one player with real class in our side. Really don't know how anyone could see otherwise today, but thats the beauty of the game, everyone has there own opinion.

He had 3 corners in the first half alone. 2 failed to beat the first man and the other as you've mentioned was sliced onto the top of the goal.

He also had a free kick from out wide that he tried to play short to Tav(?) which barely had enough power in it to reach him and as a result Tav was practically already riding a challenge as he got the ball.

I thought compared to the Progres game his long passing was terrible but as you say everyone has their own opinion.

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Spent most of the game thinking he was a winger as usual. Repeatedly made a run down the left only to return the ball straight back to the person that had passed to him whenever he got it. The few crosses he did actually attempt went straight to Marseille players.

Defensively he was shite as usual. He's the weak link in our defence.

Tav is weaker and a fucking imposter.

Wallace put in a good shift today, but not for me as captain. Alves is that man.