• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anyone should be Rangers captain in their first season

If leave it with Wallace as stripping him would do more harm than good

Otherwise I'd give it to Miller

As far as I'm concerned until he proves himself Alves is a foreign player and for all we know hasn't a clue about Rangers so shouldn't be captain, This premature hero status he has makes me cringe 

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tav was superb today :lol:

Wallace was fucking awful.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Tav was terrific today. 

Think it's went unnoticed just how well Tav played, hope he can keep that up

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Tav had Dmitri fucking Payet in his back pocket almost the whole game. 

Reminds me of when Papac did the same to Kaka when we played AC Milan in a friendly back in 2009.

Or Papac when he pocketed Messi, Or Papac when he pocketed Ronaldinho, Or Papac when he pocketed *insert pretty much any winger he played against here*

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He had 3 corners in the first half alone. 2 failed to beat the first man and the other as you've mentioned was sliced onto the top of the goal.

He also had a free kick from out wide that he tried to play short to Tav(?) which barely had enough power in it to reach him and as a result Tav was practically already riding a challenge as he got the ball.

I thought compared to the Progres game his long passing was terrible but as you say everyone has their own opinion.

That's some serious selective negative viewing preference you have considering you didn't know if Pena touched the ball.

He done a wee touch and reverse pass in the second half that no midfielder of ours, in the last few years, would have had the balls to try if they even seen it in the first place.

His languid style makes him doesn't endear him to a lot of people but his class and elegance totally makes up for that imo, get him 100% match fit and we have a very good player with a point to prove after last season.

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

That's some serious selective negative viewing preference you have considering you didn't know if Pena touched the ball.

He done a wee touch and reverse pass in the second half that no midfielder of ours, in the last few years, would have had the balls to try if they even seen it in the first place.

His languid style makes him doesn't endear him to a lot of people but his class and elegance totally makes up for that imo, get him 100% match fit and we have a very good player with a point to prove after last season.

To be fair, the set pieces I've mentioned from him in the first half were literally about 15 yards in front of me so it was a bit hard not to notice them. Pena on the other hand was playing at the opposite end of the stadium when he came on.

15 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

To be fair, the set pieces I've mentioned from him in the first half were literally about 15 yards in front of me so it was a bit hard not to notice them. Pena on the other hand was playing at the opposite end of the stadium when he came on.

Yeah they were in front of me too, changed to Govan front for this game for a cange.

Penas touches were both outside the box so unless you need specs you should have seen them, but i found that thread a bit negative aswell as i read it as a dig at him for not being too involved, i was watching him closeley when he came on and he did look a bit lost and i reckon it's going to take him a bit of time to find his feet in our team which is fine considering he is adapting to playing in a new conteninent with a new team which will be difficult.

I wear the contact lenses mate, they are good:lol:

19 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The sooner Kranjcar gets injured again the better as Pedro is clearly going to keep picking him,he should be chased he's pish and will be on a decent wage 

You must be trolling. You must be. Surely. No? Seriously? Fuck sake. 

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah they were in front of me too, changed to Govan front for this game for a cange.

Penas touches were both outside the box so unless you need specs you should have seen them, but i found that thread a bit negative aswell as i read it as a dig at him for not being too involved, i was watching him closeley when he came on and he did look a bit lost and i reckon it's going to take him a bit of time to find his feet in our team which is fine considering he is adapting to playing in a new conteninent with a new team which will be difficult.

I wear the contact lenses mate, they are good:lol:

It wasn't a dig it was a genuine question as other than him challenging for a header I didn't remember him being involved at all, not that he was really given much time to do anything anyway.

I wasn't expecting him to come on and instantly start running the game for us as he's obviously going to need time to settle but, as you've said yourself, he did just look a bit lost and that's the thing that concerned me.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It wasn't a dig it was a genuine question as other than him challenging for a header I didn't remember him being involved at all, not that he was really given much time to do anything anyway.

I wasn't expecting him to come on and instantly start running the game for us as he's obviously going to need time to settle but, as you've said yourself, he did just look a bit lost and that's the thing that concerned me.

Did you leave early? That would explain missing it.

His header was just a kind of rushed upwards header, but his wee nutmeg and pass was decent tbf.

I think the language barriers and lack of match sharpness will also be affecting him, he has a good goalscoring record so hopefully he gets up to speed quick because we badly need goals.

Your other reply to barry, Niko was announced over the tannoy as MOM so it shows how people view the game differentely, imo it should have went to Tav or Cardoso.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Did you leave early? That would explain missing it.

His header was just a kind of rushed upwards header, but his wee nutmeg and pass was decent tbf.

I think the language barriers and lack of match sharpness will also be affecting him, he has a good goalscoring record so hopefully he gets up to speed quick because we badly need goals.

Your other reply to barry, Niko was announced over the tannoy as MOM so it shows how people view the game differentely, imo it should have went to Tav or Cardoso.

Stayed the full time so probably had my mate in my ear at that point and just wasn't paying attention. I said this in the other thread yesterday too, if it's just match sharpness he's lacking it makes it even more strange that we wouldn't give him a longer run out to try and get comfortable in the team. Hopefully he'll get a bit more time in the next 2 friendlies though.

I've seen a few people on here saying they thought Niko was excellent yesterday as well. He had some brilliant touches but as I said earlier I thought his long range passing and his set pieces, other than the obvious free kick, were really poor especially by his standards. For me it was Tav, Cardoso or Candeias.

32 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Stayed the full time so probably had my mate in my ear at that point and just wasn't paying attention. I said this in the other thread yesterday too, if it's just match sharpness he's lacking it makes it even more strange that we wouldn't give him a longer run out to try and get comfortable in the team. Hopefully he'll get a bit more time in the next 2 friendlies though.

I've seen a few people on here saying they thought Niko was excellent yesterday as well. He had some brilliant touches but as I said earlier I thought his long range passing and his set pieces, other than the obvious free kick, were really poor especially by his standards. For me it was Tav, Cardoso or Candeias.

Fair points, more minutes would make more sense but Pedro probably knows the scrutiny he is under from the fans already and i think if we had scored early yesterday he would have been brought on earlier.

Aye some of Nikos passes went wayward, a combination of lack of accuracy and team mates not being on the same wavelength.

Candeias is also a shout, he was really good in the first half but, like a few others, faded after half time.