'Five Captains'.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We should take captaincy away from Wallace and provided it is done in a respectful manner I think we will see a marked improvement in his performances. He has never been comfortable with the Captain's armband, it is not in his personality, and it has negatively effected his performances.

2 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Mind that time, just the other day, you said you've seen Herrera enough in his career to know he's shite. 

:belm:

Aye. A friendly against Marseille in which he didn't score or influence the goal doesn't change that.

I thought Wallace was decent today but his crossing is absolute woeful, period. 

Tav looked good going forward but I'm no a great fan of his.

alves and cardoso should be the centre defensive partnership as that looked strong and won't be bullied by the thumb and the like.

niko needs a few 90 minutes if he's fit then we have someone assured on the ball who doesn't panic and can pick a pass as he did 2/3 times in the first half yesterday with ease, he could be a real player for us this year. 

Jack is quietly effective and can do the dig work that niko won't do 

Dorrans has a bit of dig (see evras shin) he's quite quick and can play as well

candeias was lightening quick with a superb cross of the ball and he gets stuck in 

Miller needs dropped can't be playing 90 minutes every week 

Herrera I think will be good at winning balls and strong but think the weak link for him is his feet but will probs chip in with a few here end there

morelos is the 1 that I think might surprise us and start banging them in and had that 1 went in just under the keeper yesterday then that might have set the tone for the rest of the season he looks really strong and physical. 

I would start this team at Watford Sheffield then if everyone pulls through with no injuries then straight in against Motherwell and hopefully put 4 past them.  

Obv I would have Wes in goals. 

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I thought Wallace was decent today but his crossing is absolute woeful, period

alves and cardoso should be the centre defensive partnership as that looked strong and won't be bullied by the thumb and the like.

niko needs a few 90 minutes if he's fit then we have someone assured on the ball who doesn't panic and can pick a pass as he did 2/3 times in the first half yesterday with ease, he could be a real player for us this year. 

candeias was lightening quick with a superb cross of the ball and he gets stuck in 

Herrera I think will be good at winning balls and strong but think the weak link for him is his feet but will probs chip in with a few here end there

morelos is the 1 that I think might surprise us and start banging them in and had that 1 went in just under the keeper yesterday then that might have set the tone for the rest of the season he looks really strong and physical. 

I would start this team at Watford Sheffield then if everyone pulls through with no injuries then straight in against Motherwell and hopefully put 4 past them.  

We obviously watched different games..

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I thought Wallace was decent today but his crossing is absolute woeful, period. 

Agree with all you say there, Miller needs to be taken out the starting 11 and used as an impact sub...we look as if we're starting to take shape....I hope !!!!

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

We should take captaincy away from Wallace and provided it is done in a respectful manner I think we will see a marked improvement in his performances. He has never been comfortable with the Captain's armband, it is not in his personality, and it has negatively effected his performances.

Pish - the only thing to negatively effect his performance is his right leg, positional sense and the fact he can't tackle. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pish - the only thing to negatively effect his performance is his right leg, positional sense and the fact he can't tackle. 

Football is a game of opinions, and your and mine obviously differ. I appreciate the standard was lower, but he was our most consistent player for the couple of seasons before last year.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

The Internet. 

So you just happened to go out your way to watch random Mexican games that involved a player we happened to sign and you remember him from all the players that you've watched? 

Cool.

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

So you just happened to go out your way to watch random Mexican games that involved a player we happened to sign and you remember him from all the players that you've watched? 

Cool.

I watched a good few yeah and considering I don't have early onset dementia I remember it pretty well.

21 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Football is a game of opinions, and your and mine obviously differ. I appreciate the standard was lower, but he was our most consistent player for the couple of seasons before last year.

Well he was an international player playing in the lower divisions so it wasn't exactly a stretch for him to be consistent