Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Never put anything past the 'journalists' at those two rags.

Just remembered the guy I was thinking about was Steve Harper. Left Newcastle after about 20 years for 1st team football only to sign for Hull who promptly signed McGregor. :lol:

48 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

No court case as far as I'm aware it was an arbitration panel (more media inaccuracy) the wage wasn't the issue with the offer (although with 70% reduction, considering the wages of some at the time, I'd not be too impressed) just the length of contract. 

I have no idea about his wages at Crystal Palace but would guess they were much better than he was offered for one year here, at the very least 2 to 3 times better (at a guess) given the wages in England.

I wonder how much we paid Cammy Bell?

?? He got what he wanted then and we got shot of him. 

I'm sure he was on something ridiculous like £10k p/w with us and wouldn't even consider a pay cut, one that would've still made him one of the highest earners in the Country outside of the tims, he knocked it back and a year later signed on at Hearts for a grand a.week

no wonder he didn't want to leave

19 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm sure he was on something ridiculous like £10k p/w with us and wouldn't even consider a pay cut, one that would've still made him one of the highest earners in the Country outside of the tims, he knocked it back and a year later signed on at Hearts for a grand a.week

no wonder he didn't want to leave

He did consider a pay cut, the length of contract was the major issue. He went to Crystal Palace for the '12 months' so would have been earning more than enough.

I get that some people resent that he tried to get what he felt his contract stated but there is a huge amount of conflation and inaccuracy surrounding what happened.

He asked for 2 years and each time he rejected the one year deal they cut the salary on every subsequent offer (always one year deals). I get the feeling they wanted him gone so behaved as they did. I would have given him 2 years, he was comfortably more reliable than what followed up until Foderingham.

I have a lot of time for him he, clearly, loved being at the club and always gave his best and appreciated the support. 

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye, the general quality of papers has massively dropped and sensationalism is too often the order of the day now over proper, quality journalism. Tabloids especially are getting caught up in the obsession with having the next 'viral' story. Personally, I think it's in part down to the huge shift in how we can access news and brand loyalty is much less important now in the age of social media than it was before.

I got a little lucky in that I had a...let's say issue with a former employer which ended with me getting a decent settlement so I was able to take a bit of a gamble and try turn this into my main job.

You write well for a lifeguard.

Always felt sorry for him when he played at Ibrox for hearts, the abuse he took from the UB, as it seemed he loved Rangers and was genuinely owed money and had every right to use courts/tribunals to get it.