Barry Ferguson bankrupt.

K.A.I

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He mixed it and matched the best in the world at that time Beckham, Ince, Scholes, Matthaus, Effenberg, Mendieta, Van Bommell, Ballack, Ortrega, Vanoli - you name it.

Far superior to Beckham IMHO who, frankly, was a cunt with a decent cross.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

How can someone who made good money in his prime like he did over a studded career end up going bankrupt? he went bankrupt owing 1.4 million according to The Sun article,

I get footballers become accustomed to a certain standard of living at their peak and they find it difficult to adapt when the money dries up, but I just don't get how someone can go from earning millions per year to going bankrupt like that.

Don't really like the guy but wouldn't wish that on him, obviously.

sutton did the same , hmrc on the trail of the fictitious film dodge , tax avoidance , a whole host of them liable mainly from the scum , ie , liewell riley etc ,etc.

2 hours ago, markem said:

I'd guess money will be stashed and Barry is perhaps finding ways to avoid imminent bills. 

Guess work on my part but I reckon when guys like him go bankrupt it's a different thing from the average guy on the street. Did read a wee bit about it when 50 cent was declared bankrupt as got to thinking the exact same questions. 

This is true. Nowadays bankruptcy is a tactical ploy to avoid taxation by some people whose current earnings aren't what they used to be. The usual scam is to have your assets offshore then claim you have nothing in your taxation country. The problem he'll have is the second part of that - does he really have nothing left in the UK?

Whatever the reason for this bankruptcy .....  EBT's or otherwise ..... it will have been for and in the best interests of BF ..... probably not personally serious and very possibly a company he was involved in .... as stated above.

As said above it is not that serious these days ..... and the bankruptcy period is only for a year now when previously I think it was for seven .... most company directors/investors will be aware of this tax avoidance loophole ..... and will already have funds put aside to bypass any fall-out from the procedure ... whether it is in offshore accounts or certain assets being put into his spouse's name .... such as cars and private homes and separate untouchable bank accounts.

He will have been well aware of any business risks to his own personal circumstances and will have factored in any adverse change to these .... so no need to feel sorry for him as he will be free and clear of any debt in a year ... and be able to start afresh with any new venture he may want to invest in.

The only losses he will have had to bear will have been his initial investment ... and this was probably monies he wanted to invest rather than pay the tax on in the first instance .... the only loser being HMRC ... who we all agree or should agree .... are cunts anyway.

So "Don't cry for me Barry Ferguson" .....  unless his stash is made up of high fructose energy drinks and cartons of mega monster munch snacks ..... :p:

:UK:

trying to live life like a footballer on mega money when you are not a footballer on mega money anymore, seems to be the undoing of most of these guys. When they stop playing the drop in wages must be like falling off a cliff - and even if you have plenty in the bank, all that is happening to that is that capital sum is that it is getting gradually eaten into.

He will be protecting what he has left, as anyone would in the circumstances.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

tbf you can go bankrupt and have a nice stash of dosh.

Exactly, there's multi multi millionaires out there who on paper are skint, own fuck all, but everything is in the wife's or sons and daughters name. I wouldn't read to much into this tbf, I don't think anyone is going to bump into him at Hamilton JC Plus

42 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

seen someone online saying his wife has a property portfolio of some 40 houses as well as some prestige cars :lol:

skint :lol: 

Barry had loads of property in Dubai he obviously put it in her name.