Barry Ferguson bankrupt.

K.A.I

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and yet you managed to avoid calling him a cunt - I must admit I don't really understand the attitude of turning on ex players just based on them giving their opinions, even if negative, I prefer remembering them for what they done on the park while hereĀ 

I've called him a lot worse, but to do so now would have made the argument more about what I called him, and not why.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and yet you managed to avoid calling him a cunt - I must admit I don't really understand the attitude of turning on ex players just based on them giving their opinions, even if negative, I prefer remembering them for what they done on the park while hereĀ 

That's one thing I'll never understand about this forum. The amount of abuse ex players and managers get is shocking at times. I've saw fans of other clubs call them much nicer things and that's them trying to have a go.Ā 

Ā 

The only explanation I have is opinions are like arse holes, every one has one. It don't make it right to call guys like Barry Ferguson a cunt on an open public Rangers forum though, especially after everything the boy done for us on the park. As I said previously, he's one of the best players ever produced in Scotland, we should be proud of him.

On 24/07/2017 at 11:52 AM, K.A.I said:

Says it was money owed to the taxman - no indication of EBT's.

I just always tend to look at it like each million you earn, bank it. OK interest rates aren't great but I read before you still get over 40k per year interest for a million that's in the bank ... surely he's a had a few million in the bank and the interest on the millions more than covers mortgage payments for big house, nice car, a good living etc.

Or is that too simplistic?

Not simplistic at all mate just good old fashioned common sense. I know a guy who was left close to 3 million and a house he has been prudent but still has a great lifestyle

28 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

That's one thing I'll never understand about this forum. The amount of abuse ex players and managers get is shocking at times. I've saw fans of other clubs call them much nicer things and that's them trying to have a go.Ā 

Ā 

The only explanation I have is opinions are like arse holes, every one has one. It don't make it right to call guys like Barry Ferguson a cunt on an open public Rangers forum though, especially after everything the boy done for us on the park. As I said previously, he's one of the best players ever produced in Scotland, we should be proud of him.

Some deserve it.

1 hour ago, rangerslion said:

Ā 

It's the throw away society m8, if you're not part of us then you're not one of us, Barry was a great player for us although I don't like the fact that our enemies will associate his present actions with the past errors of the club.

It will seem to all as though he's trying to dodge a tax bill, whether it's true or not.

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wouldn't wish it on him but I have no sympathy either.

Some of the schemes these guys use to protect their millions from the tax you and IĀ pay have backfired big time. Karma if you ask me.

I very much doubt BF will be selling the big issue any time soon. Not when he can stay in one of his wife's recently acquired portfolio of properties.

It's a stigma, that's all, notjing like theĀ wee man who finds homsrlf on the bones of his arse.

Painfully for him it now puts him in the intelligence / business acumen bracket as Sutton. Embarrassing.

Since itĀ appears he transferred his share of the mansion to his wife overĀ 5 years ago (the limit for bankruptcy clawback) maybe he is not quite as stupid after all

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Hmmm...

I take your point, but it's not always just a 'negative'Ā opinion piece in a paper. It can be doing RSCs out of money for no shows, deliberately undermining the club to further your own or your pals own agenda or generally just being a prick to fans / people.Ā 

Given the number of players we have had, there's bound to be a few that are simply just arseholes - being able to kick a ball quite well doesn't negate that.Ā 

I personally have no issue with Barry Ferguson, but there's a number of ex-players I've met or had reliable information aboutĀ that does make me think they are a cunt.Ā 

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Since itĀ appears he transferred his share of the mansion to his wife overĀ 5 years ago (the limit for bankruptcy clawback) maybe he is not quite as stupid after all

Or perhaps he knewĀ he was stupid and any venture he got involved in might fail and his wife was intelligent enough to "get him telt"

:lol:Ā 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Hmmm...

I take your point, but it's not always just a 'negative'Ā opinion piece in a paper. It can be doing RSCs out of money for no shows, deliberately undermining the club to further your own or your pals own agenda or generally just being a prick to fans / people.Ā 

Given the number of players we have had, there's bound to be a few that are simply just arseholes - being able to kick a ball quite well doesn't negate that.Ā 

I personally have no issue with Barry Ferguson, but there's a number of ex-players I've met or had reliable information aboutĀ that does make me think they are a cunt.Ā 

Yep we have had some idiots - gazza is a football hero but arse of a man - so I appreciate what he brought to us and yet someone who hits there wife is more of an arse than someone who has prickled the sensitivities of some of our fans by saying something out of turn. We have turned into a sensitive bunch.Ā 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yep we have had some idiots - gazza is a football hero but arse of a man - so I appreciate what he brought to us and yet someone who hits there wife is more of an arse than someone who has prickled the sensitivities of some of our fans by saying something out of turn. We have turned into a sensitive bunch.Ā 

I believe you intended to use the possessive 'their'. :duh:Ā  Gazza, the flawed genius, was battling his demons even when playing for us, he suffers a recognised illness and IMO if not for that he is unlikely to have resorted to spousal abuse. Ā Merely an opinion and in now way excusing his behaviour.

I found Barry Ferguson to be an arse, once again merely an opinion based on less than half-a-dozen encounters. Ā He never actually said anything the 'pricked my sensitivities' (even though I am ultra-sensitive) but he did come across as a bit of a plonker. Ā 

Gazza and Baxter were two of the greatest players I have ever seen wearing The Blue and neither was perfect. Ā Ferguson, I suspect 40 years from now will hardly be remembered.

Ā 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I believe you intended to use the possessive 'their'. :duh:Ā  Gazza, the flawed genius, was battling his demons even when playing for us, he suffers a recognised illness and IMO if not for that he is unlikely to have resorted to spousal abuse. Ā Merely an opinion and in now way excusing his behaviour.

I found Barry Ferguson to be an arse, once again merely an opinion based on less than half-a-dozen encounters. Ā He never actually said anything the 'pricked my sensitivities' (even though I am ultra-sensitive) but he did come across as a bit of a plonker. Ā 

Gazza and Baxter were two of the greatest players I have ever seen wearing The Blue and neither was perfect. Ā Ferguson, I suspect 40 years from now will hardly be remembered.

Ā 

Your last paragraph says it all - remember them for the football - the rest doesn't really mean much in the context of a supporter.Ā 

6 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Think you've mis interpreted me.

I think BF is far from skint, far from daft and far from the average bankrupt. And very much well advised in his actions.

By default though,Ā and the stigma attached to bankruptcy, he is the equal of a knob like Sutton.

I have no doubt though that toast and beans will not be onĀ the menu any time soon...... unless his mrsĀ dumps him ?Ā 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think you've mis interpreted me.

I think BF is far from skint, far from daft and far from the average bankrupt. And very much well advised in his actions.

By default though,Ā and the stigma attached to bankruptcy, he is the equal of a knob like Sutton.

I have no doubt though that toast and beans will not be onĀ the menu any time soon...... unless his mrsĀ dumps him ?Ā 

He would be able to claim a significant share in the event of a divorce.

On 25/07/2017 at 6:36 PM, Bluepeter9 said:

Imagine calling Rangers legends arsesĀ 

Was going to start a new thread on this . Thought better asking in here.

Around 7/8 years ago . The rhags were full of ex bears doing their bits for the redtops and the other rhags .

I don't buy any of this shite nowadays but is it true . That only Barry Ferguson actually does a piece for any of them ???

Ā 

Think of all our legends . They are either being ignored, or they have finally seen sense and chosen not to take theĀ  bheasts lovers money ???

Ā 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was going to start a new thread on this . Thought better asking in here.

Around 7/8 years ago . The rhags were full of ex bears doing their bits for the redtops and the other rhags .

I don't buy any of this shite nowadays but is it true . That only Barry Ferguson actually does a piece for any of them ???

Ā 

Think of all our legends . They are either being ignored, or they have finally seen sense and chosen not to take theĀ  bheasts lovers money ???

Ā 

Not sure about newspapers as I don't buy them but Kris Boyd writes for The Sun I think ... you usually get tit-bits from Goram and Alex Rae is a regular in the papers too.

You still get Derek Ferguson, Craig Patterson and Billy Dodds on BBC and I'm assuming DJ and Daziell on Clyde.Ā 

Too many of our ex-players are in bed with the Scottish media across all forms.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Not sure about newspapers as I don't buy them but Kris Boyd writes for The Sun I think ... you usually get tit-bits from Goram and Alex Rae is a regular in the papers too.

You still get Derek Ferguson, Craig Patterson and Billy Dodds on BBC and I'm assuming DJ and Daziell on Clyde.Ā 

Too many of our ex-players are in bed with the Scottish media across all forms.

Yes . Every one of them are pricks . There are no real bears in amongst that lot bar Goram and RaeĀ and he would sell his soul for a few bucks and Rae has a host of beggar friends to appease .

Read The Dude's piece today . And it's better than anything these numpties could come up with