Jump to content

Time to ramp up #addthetitles


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Quite a following that group has on facebook.

Almost believable there until i seen a post about how "amazing grace" should be sung at Ibrox:lol:

don't do Facebook tbf......  is that the official club one?  if not it's doing it's best to look like it.....  :huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Not for me but would back a campaign to strip them of their WW1  titles. 

Think this would be more appropriate although still very tacky. It has been said that WW1 titles were official and while that is the case, in the record books, I believe there were many changes to format and indeed some clubs were asked to leave, presumably due to location, and were reinstated after the war. I also believe Scotland is practically the only European country to recognise titles won during the Great war. England, NI, France, Germany and others suspended their top leagues. Just some interesting facts but on balance leave well alone. On the who won the titles during 1914-1919, Celtic have 4, Rangers have 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It was an official league during WW1, wasn't an official league during WW2, it was games of football to boost morale and take everyone's mind off the war

It's a non-starter and shouldn't even be looked into in the first place. 

:tu:

Not a very clever attempt to wind up the scum if it was a wind up .... seems some of our support need a history lesson when it comes to respecting the fallen of WW11 ... and the reason the league was not official during that horrendous period in world history .... and strange that WW1 was official .... mind you back then they thought the war would be over in a year.

Better to remind the scum of the piggery getting shut down for a while during WW11 for their nazi sympathies ... which led to them being originally tagged by our support as H*** .... who actually had a "neutral" country in Eire to fuck off home to .... while the majority of our young men were spread far and wide defending this country ... among many others .... many never to return ..... so that even the scum would be free men .... and not under nazi rule. 

Lest We Forget.

:UK:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Think this would be more appropriate although still very tacky. It has been said that WW1 titles were official and while that is the case, in the record books, I believe there were many changes to format and indeed some clubs were asked to leave, presumably due to location, and were reinstated after the war. I also believe Scotland is practically the only European country to recognise titles won during the Great war. England, NI, France, Germany and others suspended their top leagues. Just some interesting facts but on balance leave well alone. On the who won the titles during 1914-1919, Celtic have 4, Rangers have 1.

Why did we recognise them is more the question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Not for me but would back a campaign to strip them of their WW1  titles. 

:tu: agree mate100% strip the titles a young hearts side was romping away with the titles until they all enlisted to fight for king & country mean while the bheggers claim the title's of the men who should have been champions of scotland in my way of thinking the hearts players and any other was a hero who served their country

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, offshoreworker said:

:tu: agree mate100% strip the titles a young hearts side was romping away with the titles until they all enlisted to fight for king & country mean while the bheggers claim the title's of the men who should have been champions of scotland in my way of thinking the hearts players and any other was a hero who served their country

 

I just posted regarding that, I'm sure most the first team signed up for WW1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Not a very clever attempt to wind up the scum if it was a wind up .... seems some of our support need a history lesson when it comes to respecting the fallen of WW11 ... and the reason the league was not official during that horrendous period in world history .... and strange that WW1 was official .... mind you back then they thought the war would be over in a year.

Better to remind the scum of the piggery getting shut down for a while during WW11 for their nazi sympathies ... which led to them being originally tagged by our support as H*** .... who actually had a "neutral" country in Eire to fuck off home to .... while the majority of our young men were spread far and wide defending this country ... among many others .... many never to return ..... so that even the scum would be free men .... and not under nazi rule. 

Lest We Forget.

:UK:

Good post until the last point mate, they got their wish after all, they are under Nazi rule, it just happens to be called the SNP but they are the gestapo so well in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Good post until the last point mate, they got their wish after all, they are under Nazi rule, it just happens to be called the SNP but they are the gestapo so well in there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to add that in a post script Mal ... but didn't want to dirty the memory of our armed forces.

:UK:

Link to post
Share on other sites

They acknowledge the goal from their 8-1 drubbing against us in those years for (whatever the tramps name was) total scoring record, but don't acknowledge the game itself. Funny that eh?

 

They're unofficial for a reason, and it is what separates us from them. However, it can be good to let them know it actually happened, nomsayin...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Not a very clever attempt to wind up the scum if it was a wind up .... seems some of our support need a history lesson when it comes to respecting the fallen of WW11 ... and the reason the league was not official during that horrendous period in world history .... and strange that WW1 was official .... mind you back then they thought the war would be over in a year.

Better to remind the scum of the piggery getting shut down for a while during WW11 for their nazi sympathies ... which led to them being originally tagged by our support as H*** .... who actually had a "neutral" country in Eire to fuck off home to .... while the majority of our young men were spread far and wide defending this country ... among many others .... many never to return ..... so that even the scum would be free men .... and not under nazi rule. 

Lest We Forget.

:UK:

I've heard about the pedodome being closed down during WWII a few times on here but is there any news clippings anywhere or an official source?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I've heard about the pedodome being closed down during WWII a few times on here but is there any news clippings anywhere or an official source?

Go ask the SFA, they should confirm it, they felt harshly done by at Ibrox in a New Year's Day game and the starting chanting for the Nazi's , it out there, I have saw clippings regarding it as it was the only ground in Britain closed down because of such behaviour by their fans and was in the papers.??

Link to post
Share on other sites

In September 1941, the S.F.A. announced that Celtic Park was to be closed until October 17th 1941 following an Old Firm game at Ibrox. Celtic fans had fought amongst themselves and with the police, threw bottles at the police and onto the trackside, displayed a German flag and indulged in pro-Nazi chants. A front-page Evening Times headline on 6th September 1941 read :

"BATONS, BOTTLES IN GAME AT IBROX".

The following day’s paper featured a letter from a member of the public who noticed the contrast in front page articles where one focussed on Russia's fight in WWII and the other on "those hooligans who bring such a disgrace to our city and our national sport."

He continued, "Here, on one side, was a country fighting so valiantly in its own towns and streets not only its own battle but ours as well, and fighting regardless of creed or anything else. On the other hand, we have citizens of this country, allied to another, fighting among themselves all over a game of football."

On the same day, Sir Patrick Dolan Lord Provost of Glasgow, said, "It is shameful that Glasgow's great contribution to the war effort should be impaired by a few hooligans who seem to be more concerned about their club winning than that Britain should defeat Hitler in the struggle for a better world." 

 Here's a clipping from the Times ... with dates and reasons for the closure of the H*** ground and the reason we sang "Go home ya H*** go Home" .... :tu:

Members of the Irish government were also open Nazi sympathisers ... and even allowed German U-boats to refuel offshore to help the Nazi cause ... H*** to a man everyone. 

19 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

..... and this one from FF .... thanks to Virtuoso ... I tried but I couldn't C&P it from their site ..... :tu:

:UK:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan 1, 1943, Rangers beat celtic 8-1.  Although not recorded as official and they don't recognise this, they still count the goal they scored

As an aside here's a wee comment from the game -

"The game featured the usual controversies. Indiscipline and harassment of the referee resulted in Celtic having two players sent off following George Young's spectacular 50-yard free kick that gave Rangers a 4-1 lead in the second half."

Newspaper reports suggested that Celtic's Malky McDonald was convinced that a Rangers player was offside at the moment Young unleashed his shot. The official in charge took exception to the tone of McDonald's argument and sent him off.

Always cheated :mutley:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...