Morelos and Pena

gazza87

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'll be honest mate, i don't use that phrase after we fucked the cup final against the manky spoonburbing bastards.

Hope we absolutely leather them first homeĀ game of the season.

I was actually trying to forget about that mate, because that was one of the biggest HIBSING we have ever Hibsed :raging:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Gave you a like for taking the time out to spell penas name right and for trying to get the thread back in track

Cheers, I'm strongly enthusiastic about the new signings, I think PenĆ£ once up to speed really will be quality for us, he was unlucky he never broke through their defence, in the more open games away from home when teams are not sitting back but attacking us I believe this is where he'll truly shine when countering and he may add quality when teams do sit back against us.

I can also understand some folks frustration regarding how much we paid for him and they're desperate to see him playing, but it'll come no doubt once the competitive games are under way. At least we can say there's now options in the side.

Morelos, can't wait to see the boy partnering Herrera up front when given the chance, here's hoping might see this against Sheffield Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I was actually trying to forget about that mate, because that was one of the biggest HIBSING we have ever Hibsed :raging:

Nothing less than a scudding of them first game,Ā and not let them get a point off us this season, will set me on my way to forgetting that monumental fuck up.

can't expect all the transfers to work out,it's just the way things go ,some don't reach expectation ,some exceed ,

also not all players settle straight away ,there are plenty of us will remember a certain Mark Hately getting dogs abuse for keeping mcoist out the side for almost a full season,until he exploded into form against the sheep on the last day of the seasonĀ 

48 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Nothing less than a scudding of them first game,Ā and not let them get a point off us this season, will set me on my way to forgetting that monumental fuck up.

I'm in total agreement with you on that score,plumbGER. :pipe:

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Cheers, I'm strongly enthusiastic about the new signings, I think PenĆ£ once up to speed really will be quality for us, he was unlucky he never broke through their defence, in the more open games away from home when teams are not sitting back but attacking us I believe this is where he'll truly shine when countering and he may add quality when teams do sit back against us.

I can also understand some folks frustration regarding how much we paid for him and they're desperate to see him playing, but it'll come no doubt once the competitive games are under way. At least we can say there's now options in the side.

Morelos, can't wait to see the boy partnering Herrera up front when given the chance, here's hoping might see this against Sheffield Wednesday.

I agree both need more time. Seen pena in action and he looked like he could be a good player as with herrera.

I fear for morelos however, if he doesn't get goals quick he could lose confidence and turn out to be another waghorn.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

My brother comes home from OZ on tuesday, got him a ticket forĀ that first game against them.

That's excellent and he will see it at a civil time, not in the middle of the nightĀ  :thumbsup: I hope he enjoyed his time here.

3 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That's excellent and he will see it at a civil time, not in the middle of the nightĀ  :thumbsup: I hope he enjoyed his time here.

He's only back for my sisters wedding mate, loves it out there so trying to get full time residency.

Hope the team puts on a show for him (and all of us of course):lol:

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's only back for my sisters wedding mate, loves it out there so trying to get full time residency.

Hope the team puts on a show for him (and all of us of course):lol:

Exactly :tu:

Morelos has the type of record that is impressive for a young guy and looks like exactly the type of player we should be signing on paper. Strange that teams with better scouting networks and more dough didn't go for him. Not seen enough of him to have an opinion on how good he will be but hopefully he continues his impressive form this season.

Same with Pena. He's older and more experienced so hopefully he becomes one of our main men and a lynchpin for a good season. He must have been good for his former clubs to spend big money on him. Just hope he settles in well and hits his peak again.

What a difference a few weeks and some decent results makeĀ in football. Another couple of signings and I'll even be optimistic again for a change, especially if we get off to a good start.Ā 

I'm sure it's been pointed out in the previous 9 pages but can't be arsed trawling through them. For what it's worth my take is that PeƱa came a bit out of shape and is taking longer to get up to pace and I noticed Morelos with heavy strapping on his right knee v Watford. I remember he took quite a hefty knock with the keeper in his first appearance, maybe just being cautious to make sure his knee is fine.Ā 

Ā 

IMG_3612.JPG

MorelosĀ while looking like a potentially exciting prospect looks to be making a big step up so I don't expect him to be running a mock. If we play as we have been under Warburton/Pedro then he'll be devoid of service, marked tightly in a packed box, up against teams that hate us so much they play better than they will V Partick the following week, and making a step up Ā - that's a tall order. I'd expect him to be the bench forward for now baring a change in formation/players being unavailable for whatever reason.

Pena, a talented individual who is so off the rails off the pitch that it's bled into his game and seen him fall from grace in Mexico to the point he's willing to join our circus. IF he can clean himself up and puts in the effort he should boss it here, we may even get lucky as in he's still got issues but is so good that he still gets pass marks here, time will tell. Probably just not ready yet.

If we play to the strengths of our players we should do better than last season with ease (2nd and closer to them).Ā 

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

I'm sure it's been pointed out in the previous 9 pages but can't be arsed trawling through them. For what it's worth my take is that PeƱa came a bit out of shape and is taking longer to get up to pace and I noticed Morelos with heavy strapping on his right knee v Watford. I remember he took quite a hefty knock with the keeper in his first appearance, maybe just being cautious to make sure his knee is fine.Ā 

Ā 

IMG_3612.JPG

Forgot Will Hughes had signed for Watford. He is better than that.

4 hours ago, William Scott said:

Morelos looks average and Pena I've not seen enough to make an opinion.

Just glad Alves looks solid.

To me, Morelos already has the look ofĀ a more dangerous striker than Garner was for us.

We need to put the Progres games out of our minds.