Johnny Hubbard

Met this Gentleman in Ayr today , he is not looking  too well ,his hearing is diminishing and he looks rather frail my Daughter was one of the nursing staff attending to him at his recent Hospital admittance , what a fine ,fine man , he just will not give in to resting and that is the mark of the man, the amount of people who stopped to say hello to him speaks volumes for the man , the work he has done over the years at all levels of football in the AYR area is magnificent ,he is very quietly spoken and hard at times to make out but all in all a man truly worthy of LEGENDARY status .

14 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

Met this Gentleman in Ayr today , he is not looking  too well ,his hearing is diminishing and he looks rather frail my Daughter was one of the nursing staff attending to him at his recent Hospital admittance , what a fine ,fine man , he just will not give in to resting and that is the mark of the man, the amount of people who stopped to say hello to him speaks volumes for the man , the work he has done over the years at all levels of football in the AYR area is magnificent ,he is very quietly spoken and hard at times to make out but all in all a man truly worthy of LEGENDARY status .

An absolute gentlemen,used to play the fives at Dam park back in the day

15 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

Legend is a word used too freely these days,

but Mr Hubbard rightly is a legend of our Club, wish I could have seen more footage of him and other greats of our past, 

27 minutes ago, delamonty said:

Thanks for posting OP . :tu:

Absolute pleasure to give updates on OUR people , his manner and the way he conducts himself is Wonderful ,when he talks about his time at Rangers he always says Mr Struth helped him to be the man he is today .

6 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Too true pal.

And how are you keeping my good friend?

11 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Too true pal.

And how are you keeping my good friend?

Hello my friend from the capital of Carrick , without dwelling too much I have had a rough time of late [ health ] but getting there , hopefully a good season from the Gers will give me a good pick-me -up. How are you doing ,been watching you on Rangers Media and at times I have a good chuckle at your comments always succinct and to the point .I am thinking of changing my username to V- m-er . such good memories pal . just love getting into the nappy rippers , but as usual that lot can dish it out but go running when anything negative comes along , you take care my Good Friend and look after yourself .G.S.O.Q.

Agree with everyone in this thread proper LEGEND it was Mr Hubbard that got me into playing football with his tournaments at the old indoor dam park then he went on to shoot super soccer in ayr.

@mountaineer i guess you stay in maybole pal i stay there myself(just noticed you saying the capital of carrick)

2 hours ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Agree with everyone in this thread proper LEGEND it was Mr Hubbard that got me into playing football with his tournaments at the old indoor dam park then he went on to shoot super soccer in ayr.

@mountaineer i guess you stay in maybole pal i stay there myself(just noticed you saying the capital of carrick)

No I live in Drongan , my pal W.A.T.P forever is a Maybole man but now overseas with his work , although I have a couple of friends in Hicks ave .