Kevin Thomson - Niko can get back to his best at Rangers

Guest Lloyd72

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I think we'd be best just using him against the teams that'll sit in against us. Maybe he'll find a pass that'll unlock their park the bus defences.

I think against the taigs he'll be like playing with a man down

Aye mate. Totally agree. He was pish against Marseille... 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Now that is complete nonsense you silly boy. Wingers never understand football.

His first touch is rotten because he's too slow, not paying attention, on his heels, not his toes. If he was none of those four things. If he was fit, paying attention, etc it would be a different matter.

He has been one of the best players in all the friendlies I have watched and the first leg of the Progres game, admittedly I never seen the Second Leg. He is by far and away our most creative player in our squad. I do agree however I wouldn't play him against the Tims as I think that could be a disaster, against every other team I dont see why not however. As long as you have the other players do the grafting for him he will pick teams apart.

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with Kevin. 

If used right Nico will surprise/prove a few people wrong.

Agreed, he's making me eat my words a bit. 

Honestly thought he wouldn't kick a ball for us again but used correctly and as long we understand he can't run about like a maniac for 90 mins he could win us a good few games. 

20 minutes ago, left winger said:

His first touch is rotten because he's too slow, not paying attention, on his heels, not his toes. If he was none of those four things. If he was fit, paying attention, etc it would be a different matter.

Somebody never got their hole last night. 

The people who say Niko is shite are probably the same kind of people that didn't like Marco Negri because he didn't celebrate.

The man is class, the reason work horse style players exist is to allow players like a Niko to do their thing. Football isn't always about pace and work rate like a game of FIFA would have you believe m it's about intelligence,composure,vision and technical ability and Niko has all these qualities in abundance, he's a classic number 10.

I think it's an absolute pleasure to have a player of Niko's considerable class in our team and an absolute joy to watch such an elegant player once again grace the Ibrox pitch. Write him off at your peril.

2 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

The people who say Niko is shite are probably the same kind of people that didn't like Marco Negri because he didn't celebrate.

The man is class, the reason work horse style players exist is to allow players like a Niko to do their thing. Football isn't always about pace and work rate like a game of FIFA would have you believe m it's about intelligence,composure,vision and technical ability and Niko has all these qualities in abundance, he's a classic number 10.

I think it's an absolute pleasure to have a player of Niko's considerable class in our team and an absolute joy to watch such an elegant player once again grace the Ibrox pitch. Write him off at your peril.

Found this post amusing.

5 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

That was played at a really slow pace, derbies are a million miles an hour, not comparable.

If he thinks playing Marseille in a pre season friendly is the equivalent to a competitive game against the taigs he is a moron

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

If he thinks playing Marseille in a pre season friendly is the equivalent to a competitive game against the taigs he is a moron

He's still got quality and although it was a friendly, he was still a stand out against a very good team. 

He has plenty to offer, even against them. 

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

Technically he's miles ahead of anything we have.

Agreed but I think because he doesn't run around like a heedless    chicken and fly into tackles some people don't see it.

Pedro Mendes started to get a hard time off the support too for the exact same.

6 minutes ago, Sket said:

Maybe he is, but he still needs to convince that he can supply that and turn it into something that works for us on a regular basis.

If he's as great as half the thread suggests, you really have to wonder why nobody else of note has taken a chance on him.

A Classy midfielder who if used correctly can be an effective player in the sea of SPFL mediocrity but comes with the obvious risks and limitations that someone his age, his size/mobility and recent injury history can't make dissappear. 

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

I doubt that with some of the new signings we 

He may have a deft touch at times and pick out a pass or two, but no pace and just a luxury we can ill afford. We have to grind out results in a physical game that is Scotland. 

To win this league we need to beat the scum and they won't be standing off him, being a very mobile and physical team and indeed with more technically gifted than him. We need to close them down all over the park, so it doesn't stack up. 10 years ago, maybe. Yes, we need creativity as well, but if we look at probaility with him, the chances are very slim as you need to get on the ball in the first place.

Not what we need.

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed but I think because he doesn't run around like a heedless    chicken and fly into tackles some people don't see it.

Pedro Mendes started to get a hard time off the support too for the exact same.

No pace so must be shite. It's all about running really fast :facepalm:

Get him fit and match sharp,utilise him in the correct manner and we have 1 of the best players in the league.