Pena

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

Never did much with Harry boy, horse to water and all that.   We're paying Pena good money, shape up or ship out.

Your attitude to the player is slightly premature. How long has he been here? Unlike with Forrester, Caixinha has an existing relationship with Pena, and from what we are told he is doing extra training etc. I think we have to leave the manager to manage in the situation, and also give the player time.

Perhaps he's just not showing enough in training to earn his place in our starting 11 yet?

I don't think it's that he can't make it through 60 minutes of football. 

If he's not quite settled, hasn't got to grips with the speed of the game or whatever else and isn't doing enough to deserve a start, then why should he?

Have to earn it IMO. 

Tonight would be perfect for him. Start him on the bench, grab couple of goals to control the game then give him a run out. 

It would be less pressure than a home league game and nothing gets you up to match fitness quicker than actual game time. 

20 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I can see him doing well, what I really liked about him having watched the little of him in a pre season friendly against St. Johnstone was his willingness to make runs, he was always looking to drive forward and his linkup play between the midfield and front men was noticeable. I think once he adapts to the Scottish game he's going to be a terrific player, in fact it'll improve his all round game and if he's very creative he'll be a real threat. Saw his finishing ability as well, he's the one I'm most excited about seeing this season.

Gracias amigo, WATP! :cheers:

De nada!! (you are welcome).

Yes when his in form is a very dangerous player, he is a box to box player with a knack for goal, being totally honest it could go either way with him can be a terrific player or not, his last season in México was a disappointment, i really hope he up his game and adapt to the Scottish game, doing that i have no doubt he will be a great player for The Famous.

Only at Rangers would we go looking for a player over £3M who we need to try and get his fitness up  when its crucial we hit the ground running and not fucking about.

He better be a fucking superstar when he is fit. We should not even have been looking at unfit players, what kind of serious professional player lets their fitness slip enough it takes months to regain it. Could be another Senderos here for the cash and do fuck all. Hope i am totally wrong.

1 hour ago, AndoBien said:

De nada!! (you are welcome).

Yes when his in form is a very dangerous player, he is a box to box player with a knack for goal, being totally honest it could go either way with him can be a terrific player or not, his last season in México was a disappointment, i really hope he up his game and adapt to the Scottish game, doing that i have no doubt he will be a great player for The Famous.

I believe you are true peoples and wen you goes back to stops rapping children in your charpels and stabs peorples in you foosball stadyums and tells lyes then maybees you go home and stops fucking annoying folk ya dim fuck.

Kinda worrying to hear this...

Manager Pedro Caixinha said the programme was designed to get Pena to "the right rhythm and levels".

He added: "It's specific work with him not just on the pitch but off it as well"

You do wonder what could be going down with him?.......

3 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Kinda worrying to hear this...

Manager Pedro Caixinha said the programme was designed to get Pena to "the right rhythm and levels".

He added: "It's specific work with him not just on the pitch but off it as well"

You do wonder what could be going down with him?.......

Off the pitch could be something as simple as diet or gym work

Recent Rangers signing Carlos Pena has won 19 caps for Mexico

New Rangers attacker Carlos Pena has been given a special training regime after boss Pedro Caixinha admitted he was struggling to reach the "level" required at Ibrox.

The Mexico international was signed from Guadalajara for a fee reported to be £2.2m earlier this summer.

But despite having spent almost seven weeks in Glasgow, the only public sighting of him in a Gers kit was a brief run-out during their pre-season clash with Marseille.

The 27-year-old was an unused substitute as Caixinha's team kicked off the Premiership season with victory at Motherwell.

But the Light Blues boss hopes the extra workload he is putting Pena through will help him get up to speed quickly.

Pedro Caixinha believes his squad is the best in the Premiership ahead of the new season

Caixinha wants Windass change

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha says Josh Windass can become a more complete player if he 'changes the way he sees the game'

Speaking ahead of Wednesday's Betfred Cup clash with Dunfermline, he said: "Carlos is having special training in order for him to get the right rhythm and levels.

"It's specific work with him not just on the pitch but off it as well. That's because when it's the right moment we want to give him the chance.

"So far we think it's not the right moment.

"We want to have him involved as soon as possible but he is getting there. He wants to be ready and we are working to make that happen." 

55 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Only at Rangers would we go looking for a player over £3M who we need to try and get his fitness up  when its crucial we hit the ground running and not fucking about.

He better be a fucking superstar when he is fit. We should not even have been looking at unfit players, what kind of serious professional player lets their fitness slip enough it takes months to regain it. Could be another Senderos here for the cash and do fuck all. Hope i am totally wrong.

I’m hoping we got him at that price BECAUSE he’s unfit ~ and that he’d be worth more if we could get him to his peak.

We can dream, can’t we...?