Pena

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Nothing to do with any photo, but based on what my mate told me. He works in a city centre bar and he told me Pena had been drinking there all week and was absolutely pished on Friday night. 

I didn't read the thread until last night and if I hadn't been told earlier I would have been highly sceptical myself.

My main point is that the club can't just act on hearsay; and we also don't know the circumstances of his night(s) out. Derek Johnstone tells a nice story about him and Jock Wallace, that was an example of good man management skills back in that time- Wallace is viewed as purely a hard disciplinarian at times, but that wasn't so; he knew when to give and take as well. Maybe Pena was told and see more of the city etc; we don't know. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pre- season showed the Gaffer he's not fully ready yet. 

So yes let's bring Pena on to loud claps and him waving merrily to fans with 10 minutes to go - then isn't sharp enough to dodge a hammer throwers tackle

Fuck that - strongest 11 every game every time. 100% effort with no room for half fit players. That's the way it should be    no matter the opposition. 

If you play the same 11 every game no matter what you'll have the majority of the team unfit. 

Strongest team got to be put out.only 2nd game of season apart from europe

Pedro is another embarassing defeat from imo the bullet.well he should be.

Surely he kmows its a must win.few goals up then change it

8 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Pedro says they are working with Pena on and OFF the pitch.   This doesn't bode well.

Guy has never lived or played outside of Mexico, hardly surprising that he's being given time to settle.

I'd like to see him on the pitch as much as everyone else but we're only one game into the domestic season so not worrying just yet!

Guest Lloyd72

The guy doesn't speak English and has never lived outside of Mexico, why do people assume the work he's doing off the pitch is sinister, could simply be him adapting to the culture and language. I'm sure Pedro said he was being a father figure to him off the pitch. Stop assuming that all these bs rumours are true

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The guy doesn't speak English and has never lived outside of Mexico, why do people assume the work he's doing off the pitch is sinister, could simply be him adapting to the culture and language. I'm sure Pedro said he was being a father figure to him off the pitch. Stop assuming that all these bs rumours are true

Trying to get to grips with the local beverages

People forget that when you strip the wages away these guys are still people...(THE people).

A young guy, moving out of South America to one of the coldest countries in Europe in a rather unique league at a freakishly large club, ofcourse itll take time to settle. TBH, Herrera to me has show nothing, not as in he is shite, but he might aswell not be playing...like a ghost in the games. It will take time for these boys

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, OhW said:

I'm not saying he's a mad alkie or anything but I think you're making excuses for him. Yes, he doesn't speak English and he's never lived outside of Mexico, but if those were the only issues I think we'd have seen more of him. If you're moving to a new culture surely the one thing that you should be able to do is play football, the common language? Didn't Gabriel Jesus just turn up in Manchester and start banging them in? (He's a top player I know, and every situation is different)

Anyway, I'm not that worried about him and I'm happy enough for Pedro to do as he sees fit. 

Jesus had known about his move to England for about 6 months and had already started learning English tbf mate, I'm not trying to make excuses for him but there's some massive overreactions in here.

31 minutes ago, DrFunke said:

People forget that when you strip the wages away these guys are still people...(THE people).

A young guy, moving out of South America to one of the coldest countries in Europe in a rather unique league at a freakishly large club, ofcourse itll take time to settle. TBH, Herrera to me has show nothing, not as in he is shite, but he might aswell not be playing...like a ghost in the games. It will take time for these boys

For me personally people are far too harsh on Herrera, this nonsense I see people spreading about how he has done nothing, for a start he put himself about in the game against Sheffield Wednesday and against Motherwell he was in wide open space to potentially score 2 goals but never had the service. Attackers are not going to score goals if they do not get the service. You would think that's a tad bit obvious.

Furthermore, it was his first competitive game in Scottish football proper, you couldn't really talk about his performance away against Progreś, he never had much of a chance. 

I agree with your original point about Peña however, he's came over to a completely different country and way of life, he's going to take time and the special training will no doubt be learning English and getting him used to the physical game here.