Pena

Pena is shite and anyone who believes we payed 3 million for this dud needs their head looked at. He's dreadful and doesn't even look like a footballer fucksake Danny Wilson shouted something to him trying to give him instructions or something and he just growled and stared at Wilson and let the game pass him by. I also don't understand if ur trying to get someone fit that u would leave him out the Dunfermline game that we are coasting but bring him on when we are 10 men down at home chasing a game, amateur stuff. I would take jimmy calderwood just now to try and get us sorted 

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Sound. We'll give him to the end of the season but im no expecting much tbh

We are frustrated, you and me both, but he was the least of my concerns today. As soon as I saw Hodson on for Wallace on the team sheets I was concerned. Our midfield didn't look that strong on paper either, and we still need additions there. We are still lacking players.

39 minutes ago, Smile said:

Reminds me a bit when Warburton used Crooks against Hearts was a Daft Decision by him.

Good point.  Pedro having a Warbs moment.      Maybe Warburton and Pedro are the same person and we've been conned all along into thinking there was a change of manager.  After all, its developing into the same old same old as last season with curious soundbites coming from the manager to try to explain what he's trying to do or explaining what went wrong.     Here's the new boss........same as the old boss.

Crooks never really recovered from that did he.    Come to think of it neither did Warburton.

He looked very short of fitness, but I think if he gets his head down and works then he could turn out to be a good player for us. 

Didn't do much when he came on but he was alive to Herrera winning the ball to get us that free kick late on. If we want to get the best out of Herrera up front then he needs people playing off him like that. 

Looks like Pena has been a good player and lost his way a bit. Just remains to be seen if he has the right attitude to get back to his best. 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He played at a walking pace when he come on. Very slow and clearly unfit. Is he on a lard diet?

I still don't get why he was even brought on.   What made Pedro pick him over Rossiter who has at least had some good first team game time and is patently far fitter and more capable of chasing down and helping to minimise the effect of 10 v 11.    I just don't see what Pedro was hoping to achieve by that substitution.  

The only explanation I can think of is he wanted Pena to experience first hand the 'feel' of a Scottish game that was going badly and to feel the intensity of pressure from the Support and to see first hand the sort of way teams are going to play against Rangers so that when he came off the pitch he was part of the team that experienced first hand the pressure of playing for Rangers.     The point being to get him more mentally tuned to what is to be expected in games when he is fit enough to be considered for a starting position in the team.    I'm only guessing.   I've not seen any explanation from the manager in post match stuff about why he brought Pena on.

I personally have a different perspective on Peña and his performance, I thought he did well to track back and even at one point dived in for a few challenges to win the ball back showing signs that he is the box to box player. There were also moments you could see him linking in midfield to pass and looking to get forward and even attempted a 1-2 that nearly pulled off as well as won us the free kick, he also looked like he had a bit of pace when he did chase back, don't get me wrong there were spells he slowed up. Perhaps the only negative I saw of him was out wide he should've went for the ball rather than hesitated. 

I like him personally, I think he looks a good player and can't wait to see him when he's properly up to speed and playing in a Rangers team with 11 men on the park, hopefully this is the start to him getting games so he can get up to match fitness and he should become a good player.

Strange decision for Pedro to bring him on when he did.

The guy actually doesn't even look like a footballer, the way he moves, the way he stands with the ball at his feet etc. There was two times where he just slowed an attack right down and actually stopped dead and looked around for somewhere to kick the ball to. 

We've bought an absolute dud I fear. 

21 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

i honestly could not believe my eyes watching him the day. I have never seen a Rangers player that out of place in my life. I hope it is just a serious lack of fitness 

Did you see Crookes at tyncastle last season? The guy couldn't have been any more out of place if he tried

Thought it was a bit unfair to bring him on today given the situation we were in.  Thought Rossiter should have been on asap after Jack sent off to shore up our midfield.

When Pena burst through at the end, I thought he made a meal of it.  However, the referee gave a foul which, if he saw it that way, should have meant the Hibs CB sent off as it was definite goal scoring opportunity.  Referee wasn't up to it, the entire game he was out of his depth.

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I personally have a different perspective on Peña and his performance, I thought he did well to track back and even at one point dived in for a few challenges to win the ball back showing signs that he is the box to box player. There were also moments you could see him linking in midfield to pass and looking to get forward and even attempted a 1-2 that nearly pulled off as well as won us the free kick, he also looked like he had a bit of pace when he did chase back, don't get me wrong there were spells he slowed up. Perhaps the only negative I saw of him was out wide he should've went for the ball rather than hesitated. 

I like him personally, I think he looks a good player and can't wait to see him when he's properly up to speed and playing in a Rangers team with 11 men on the park, hopefully this is the start to him getting games so he can get up to match fitness and he should become a good player.

I'm with you on this.  Far from ideal circumstances today, but I saw a player who showed glimpses of what he could give us.

49 minutes ago, Murty said:

Strange decision for Pedro to bring him on when he did.

The guy actually doesn't even look like a footballer, the way he moves, the way he stands with the ball at his feet etc. There was two times where he just slowed an attack right down and actually stopped dead and looked around for somewhere to kick the ball to. 

We've bought an absolute dud I fear. 

No way is this guy a dud. Will he adapt to our league is a reasonable question but he has loads of ability , lets give him some time. Pedro said he would wait till the right time before he was introduced, by fu* it's a worry if he thinks 1-3 down with ten men is a good time.