Pena

I don't think he will play in the next match. This is the transfer that could make Caixinha's time here; I don't think it will necessarily break it, but if Pena becomes for us as good as his reputation suggests he could be then we could have a very good player on our hands. It's was impressive what Caixinha had to say about Pena in an interview it was an echo of old style management and if it gets the best out of the player, eventually, then signing him could be worth the wait.

2 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

In the days of every man and their monkey having a video recorder on their phones I find it hard to believe he's rolling around bars in town without anyone filming it. 

Just what I was thinking, for all the talk about he's done this, he's done that where's the evidence?

24 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Totally understand the notion of settling in to a new country etc, won't be judging Pena until I see his footballing ability. 

However in terms of Morelos, there's settling in and there's trying to use your chest to control a ball that's rolling along the ground. You can't blame a lack of technique on settling in. 

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Any chance of linking the video of Morelos trying to control the rolling ball with his chest? Was it you who mentioned this earlier aswell?

Yeah I'd like to see this. When is it meant to have happened?

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't think he will play in the next match. This is the transfer that could make Caixinha's time here; I don't think it will necessarily break it, but if Pena becomes for us as good as his reputation suggests he could be then we could have a very good player on our hands. It's was impressive what Caixinha had to say about Pena in an interview it was an echo of old style management and if it gets the best out of the player, eventually, then signing him could be worth the wait.

well, the guy was said to be the best player in Mexico when he was playing at his best, but over the past few years he fell away due to the partying, so there's no doubting he has ability, it's now a case of getting him up to speed, so there's very good reason why Rangers paid around £3 million for him. At the moment it's the beginning of the season so I'm sure we'll see him soon.

7 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

In the days of every man and their monkey having a video recorder on their phones I find it hard to believe he's rolling around bars in town without anyone filming it. 

I've got a photo of him and my mate in the bar, not sharing it on here as it's a photo he took for himself and it's not be stuck all over the Internet. 

Someone replied back to his photo saying he was in the Corinthian as well after that, but I've no proof of that one so I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I've got a photo of him and my mate in the bar, not sharing it on here as it's a photo he took for himself and it's not be stuck all over the Internet. 

As you mentioned though his wife was only getting food, yeah? Not sure I buy into the whole thing however about him drinking heavily, who knows maybe I'm wrong but in an age of the internet every pub you go to you'll find football fanatics who would record, hell even Celtic supporters would recognise the guy which is why I'm finding it hard to believe.

7 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I can't remember it either that's why i am asking, so one bad misjudged attempt at control means all his goals in Finland were flukes as he has no technical ability:lol:

In this day and age if he's out every night, especially in Glasgow either the social media crew get a picture with him, a taxi driver or someone sends a snap to the paper. Other than that the bars he is allegedly in would probably be more than happy to share a photo or two saying look who popped by Rangers player Carlos Pena for more exposure. None of this has happened yet, I've yet to see proof of him lying on the street eating pizza like Broonaldo

There seems to be many different people reporting that Pena is doing more drinking than training and that is very concerning. I had high hopes for this guy and still hope he can come good, but these reports are not good IMO. 

This needs to be sorted asap, if true. 

Lots of stories and speculation. Would venture to guess that most of it is horse shite. 

But less face facts - why the fuck is a 27yr old professional footballer both clearly overweight and struggling to get fit? Thats a really poor reflection on him and doesn't fill you with confidence. 

28 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yeah definitely happened, ball was in the air came down, bounced, Morelos went to chest it by this time it was on the deck and rolled through his legs.

No idea what time it was, he came on 82nd minute so after that if someone has the full game. 

Caixinha said

“I said that they will get everything from me. But I said ‘if you try and so something the opposite way from what I want, you will see the devil in front of you.’ They will see the devil in the human body."

Now whilst some will say it's all talk I happen to believe him. Forrester, O'halloran, McKay, Kiernan all kept away from the first team and all but one punted. If Pena is doing what everyone has been saying then I don't believe he'd have made the bench on Sunday and I believe he'd be getting then 7am training alone treatment. He might be a new signing but if the manager shows weakness he loses the respect he will have garnered from the way he's handled people with the wrong attitude.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Cunts talk some amount of absolute shite on here. 

First he was two stone overweight now he's turned into Pete the jakey's Mexican cousin. 

Gee it a bye fs :lol:

It won't be long till he's on the Smack and spotted sporting a filth top.

Going by all the stories in here, the guy has a drink problem. Which the medical should have picked up on. Serious questions have to be asked of the medical team.

Also the club is doing nothing to help him on his path to ruin. Shocking for a club anywhere. 

Or we can just give the boy a fucking chance ffs