*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers Thread*****

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazes me that people put  a keeper  they've hardly seen play in their teams over a guy who probably saved us about 15 points last season. 

Tavernier testicle sounds like a medical condition that makes one of yer baws drift away from its usual position

The Good: Graeme Dorrans The Bad: Lee Hodson The Ugly: Neil Lennon  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Tav's never a right back and Hodsons never a Ranger. Wallace as a left back is great on the overlap and going forward but hopless at preventing crosses into the box,. In the closing 15 mins Motherwell never needed to be all that good, they just throw crosses into the box and it caused mayhem!

On the plus side we played some excellent football in the opening 25 mins and should have been 2 up, also someonne needs to tell Windass that a game lasts for 90+ mins

Dorrans MOT.M

I thought Tav made a difference when he came on, I sort of felt we looked a bit more secure on the right.

Just now, La,ger beer beer said:

Whay do you suggest then ?first game of the season we won,gelling ,like it or not apart from getting in a couple of players this is what we have,I have confidence

Your confidence means the square root of fuck all, its the ability of the manager and squad that matters and it has all the hallmarks of poor players, nearly men, unlucky but well meant men, waiting to gel men.

12 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Same old same old, full backs shite, same players missing gilt edge chances, midfield posted missing for too much of the game.

Herrera, Windass, Candeias, Miller, Hodson aren't good enough to make the starting line up and according to Sky we have a 3.5 million pound player in Pena who isn't up to speed and Krancjar has started where he left off, injured.

Apart from a weeks holiday we have been training and involved in Europe and speaking of competitive games, we again have fell short when it matters, some may say we were unlucky in front of goal but its been unlucky for too long now and the new strikers don't appear to have helped. A few injuries to top players and this squad will not be able to cope.

To win the league you need winners and we have too many losers in this squad and i'am still not convinced by Pedro.

Get your concerns but tbh that's a bit harsh DR. If we had the same type of game at the tail end of last season we would have lost it.  

Was it a convincing win? Fuck no....  Was there improvement from the end of last season?  Fuck aye. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Really? He was a tad suspect for their goal but prevented a few others. 

You missed him flapping at the corner them?

He's a great shot stopper, but is shocking at high balls, doesn't command his area and absolutely embarassing with the ball at his feet.

I doubt any other top tier team here would go near him. Him and Tav are just another of MW favourites and shouldn't be anywhere near us. Both will cost us and I don't forget that has been cunt Stokes roasting Tav. Just as well this time around we have two decent central defenders and central midfielders that are able to cover for him.

Just now, Craiggybear said:

Get your concerns but tbh that's a bit harsh DR. If we had the same type of game at the tail end of last season at would have lost it.  

Was it a convincing win? Fuck no....  Was there improvement from the end of last season?  Fuck aye. 

The same players keep making the same mistakes, if we don't get rid of the mistakes the mistakes will cost us. 

14 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Same old same old, full backs shite, same players missing gilt edge chances, midfield posted missing for too much of the game.

Herrera, Windass, Candeias, Miller, Hodson aren't good enough to make the starting line up and according to Sky we have a 3.5 million pound player in Pena who isn't up to speed and Krancjar has started where he left off, injured.

Apart from a weeks holiday we have been training and involved in Europe and speaking of competitive games, we again have fell short when it matters, some may say we were unlucky in front of goal but its been unlucky for too long now and the new strikers don't appear to have helped. A few injuries to top players and this squad will not be able to cope.

To win the league you need winners and we have too many losers in this squad and i'am still not convinced by Pedro.

Very good use of "i'am" never seen that before.

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

Get your concerns but tbh that's a bit harsh DR. If we had the same type of game at the tail end of last season at would have lost it.  

Concerns are there and we need to hope things improve over time I believe they will.

I was delighted with the win but I was even more delighted with how we defended largely in those last 15 mins Motherwell threw everything at our defense and we stood up to it.

Do we win that last season under Warburton no chance.

work to be done but gotta start somewhere

5 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

I thought Tav made a difference when he came on, I sort of felt we looked a bit more secure on the right.

Eh?!

He could have cost us a penalty pushing that well cunt in the back. As a defender he is the shits and always will be. He is make shift, nothing else. Marginally better than Hodson, but that wouldn't be hard.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Eh?!

He could have cost us a penalty pushing that well cunt in the back. As a defender he is the shits and always will be. He is make shift, nothing else. Marginally better than Hodson, but that wouldn't be hard.

He's better than Hodson  was the point I was trying to make

7 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

I agree, he did make a positive differance, he's just not a fullback, like a number of previouse posters have said both positions will cause us problems in the months ahead, thankfully today we got a result, might not always be so fortunate!

Just now, Kai_Johansen said:

I agree, he did make a positive differance, he's just not a fullback, like a number of previouse posters have said both positions will cause us problems in the months ahead, thankfully today we got a result, might not always be so fortunate!

He's certainly no Dani Alves

8 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The same players keep making the same mistakes, if we don't get rid of the mistakes the mistakes will cost us. 

You speak the truth mate but remember some of these players are on air tight 2/3 year contracts.  I'd love the club to get rid of the shite...  But if thats not an option let's get the shite to play better.  

In my option that's what happened today.  

I thought we looked good today.. all be it at spells and we were under pressure for alot of the game but I take nothing away from mwell, they were good today and I think theyll do well this season.

Fuck mwell anyway.. I think a proven goalscorer is a must, herrera was a man down and morelos/miller aint the answer.

40 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Do you actually support Rangers mate?

1 minute ago, Blue Blooded said:

I don't get that at all. The one that just went over the bar could easily have gone in, and he would have been on the scoresheet once again! 

If it was a better quality striker instead of him we could have won by more. It's all ifs etc. I don't rate him at all. This team are now too quick and too good for him. 

Turnberry18 likes this