*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers Thread*****

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

If it was a better quality striker instead of him we could have won by more. It's all ifs etc. I don't rate him at all. This team are now too quick and too good for him. 

Fair enough, but I see it differently. He is obviously getting older, but he still saves us periodically, and I am more than happy to have him in the squad.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazes me that people put  a keeper  they've hardly seen play in their teams over a guy who probably saved us about 15 points last season. 

Tavernier testicle sounds like a medical condition that makes one of yer baws drift away from its usual position

The Good: Graeme Dorrans The Bad: Lee Hodson The Ugly: Neil Lennon  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Aye, at Edi City or Hibs or something. We ain't a school for ex players wanting to coach. 

Baring in mind Murty was a player no too long ago aswell and has done well I think Miller would too. 

he's shown a passion for it and he's hardly going to be expected to be the next Guardiola. If it was eventual Rangers manager, absolutely prove yourself elsewhere before yer even considered, but as a coach he would do a very decent job, considering its folk like Thierry Henry who have landed big coaching jobs, he's hardly Mourinho. Novo being rumoured to coach in some capacity despite not exactly being tactically astute himself.

think Miller's experience and attitude would do wonders for a youth setup and give him the platform to prove whether or not he's a dud with regards to coaching.

Fergie_6 likes this
29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You missed him flapping at the corner them?

He's a great shot stopper, but is shocking at high balls, doesn't command his area and absolutely embarassing with the ball at his feet.

I doubt any other top tier team here would go near him. Him and Tav are just another of MW favourites and shouldn't be anywhere near us. Both will cost us and I don't forget that has been cunt Stokes roasting Tav. Just as well this time around we have two decent central defenders and central midfielders that are able to cover for him.

Take it you missed the other 6 or 7 he punched clear? 

He isn't without his flaws but I'd say your criticism of him is harsh. Of all the goals we've conceded since he arrived, how many have been his fault? Very few I'd say. 

This thing about him not commanding his box is a complete myth aswell. I sit in the front row of the Copland and I can assure you he does. He barks out instructions constantly. 

rangerslion likes this
7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If my auntie had baws she'd be ma uncle.

Doesn't work that way. He scored 4 league goals in the last 7 games of the season, when he should have in theory been at his most knackered. He hasn't lost it in 3 months ffs. His touch has never been great, and regardless of his age, it is not fair to judge anyone so early in the season, as your timing can be off a bit!

The minute someone starts outscoring him regularly, then he can step aside.

41 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's a great shot stopper, but is shocking at high balls, doesn't command his area and absolutely embarassing with the ball at his feet.

I doubt any other top tier team here would go near him. Him and Tav are just another of MW favourites and shouldn't be anywhere near us. Both will cost us and I don't forget that has been cunt Stokes roasting Tav. Just as well this time around we have two decent central defenders and central midfielders that are able to cover for him.

I'm more of the opinion his aerial worries are the easiest thing to coach a keeper on and that with time that'll no longer be a problem. He's hardly the worst, it's his decision making rather his lack of ability to come out, he's just shite feart to or too keen at times.

still a young guy for a keeper and has shown his natural ability is a class above when he's playing well.

think it's a bit of a myth he's shite with a ball at his feet or as an outlet  aswell, some a long range volley punts he pulls off are impressive and I don't think he tries to act like he's Neuer.

Saved us today big time in my opinion and has did that a few times, I'd rather focus on him digging us out games single handed at times and help him develop than scrutinise him for not being Manuel Neuer after playing with the shambolic defence he has infront of him for a couple of years, anyone wid struggle with that. 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ideally, Miller will be fazed out as the season goes on. We either have to give Morelos more chances to start, or we get someone else in, but Miller isn't good enough anymore.

I quite liked the way Miller played his role today, particularly first half. Coming deep to get the ball and starting attacking moves. Still far from finished imo.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ideally, Miller will be fazed out as the season goes on. We either have to give Morelos more chances to start, or we get someone else in, but Miller isn't good enough anymore.

Outwith his blatant miss we lost momentum a few times with some of  misplaced  passes.

I like Kenny a lot but I think that it's probably time for him to accept the inevitable that even the greatest footballers lose that wee bit edge as the years progress  

Turnberry18 likes this
Just now, Ger_onimo said:

I quite liked the way Miller played his role today, particularly first half. Coming deep to get the ball and starting attacking moves. Still far from finished imo.

Does he play well with Herrera;  they don't seem the ideal forward line. Morelos should be played from the start of a match, which hopefully happens in midweek. I don't think coming on as a sub helps him.

2 hours ago, allcinaye said:

Outwith his blatant miss we lost momentum a few times with some of  misplaced  passes.

I like Kenny a lot but I think that it's probably time for him to accept the inevitable that even the greatest footballers lose that wee bit edge as the years progress  

His passing has been horrendous for a while now, even last season, and very often our advances forward break down with his passing going astray; which happened again today.

Blue72 and graeme_4 like this
Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Does he play well with Herrera;  they don't seem the ideal forward line. Morelos should be played from the start of a match, which hopefully happens in midweek. I don't think coming on as a sub helps him.

Yeah fair point, there's no way he and Herrera should be a front two. Herrera is not going to be a 20 goal striker, but looks like he could be useful playing alongside one, holding up play and nodding balls down. Hopefully Morelos is the free scoring one.

Turnberry18 likes this
Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Yeah fair point, there's no way he and Herrera should be a front two. Herrera is not going to be a 20 goal striker, but looks like he could be useful playing alongside one, holding up play and nodding balls down. Hopefully Morelos is the free scoring one.

Just to add, I think Miller could still be useful as an alternative to Herrera, but not with him.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The loonies have arrived I see. 

Anyone claiming that was a shit performance today is just looking to moan for moanings sake. 

We were far better than last season and it was freshing to see Motherwell have a go at us. 

Of course we were but we still looked quite vulnerable today especially when Motherwell decided to pressurise us looking for an equaliser

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not read the whole thread so not entirely sure who youre talking about. you mentioned a shot stopper so assumed it was wes, but them you said embarrassing with the ball at his feet. He controls the ball better than miller. hes 2 footed. 90% of our team arent 2 footed. Am not saying this as a fan of wes, im in the maybe camp, but if youre  gonna criticise, do it where its due. I was in line with the penalty spot so got a bit more perception of where the balls he was coming for and not. thats always been my main concern. he seems to have been coming for more than usual so hopefully its being addressed. 1 small step at a time. 

Miller was our poorest player today tbh. 

A few simple passes he fucked and dallied on the ball when Windass was clean through and then lost it. 

For about 60 minutes we could've scored about 5 or 6 but the other 20 we held firm bar a defensive lapse for their goal, I was confident when they had corners etc as they were dealt with for the most part. 

The pace that we break away with could be really frightening if our strikers start firing. 

Tell you something, thought Windass was different class today, that run and shot would've been up there for goal of the season if it didn't hit the post he must've beat half their team. 

One things for sure this season, regardless of what happens we won't be bullied anywhere we go

A decent performance today but rode our luck at times at the back. We should be better in a few weeks when the team gels. 

Well done Dorrans, great debut and good to see a midfielder who is composed and can play a forward pass.

If there is money left in the kitty I would be looking at a LB. Wallace needs competition and will be a liability constantly getting caught up the pitch. 

Hoping that one of the strikers will kick on and become a regular goalscorer. It's the area that hurt us most last year when you look at some of the chances we created. 

bornabear likes this
Just now, allcinaye said:

Of course we were but we still looked quite vulnerable today especially when Motherwell decided to pressurise us looking for an equaliser

Agreed we haven't solved the fact we won't stop crosses into the box, and Candeias and Windass didn't track back enough to help out either wide defender. 

That said the centre of defence is solid so that's a plus point from last season. 

Also I doubt very much we will have teams have a go like Motherwell did today

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed we haven't solved the fact we won't stop crosses into the box, and Candeias and Windass didn't track back enough to help out either wide defender. 

That said the centre of defence is solid so that's a plus point from last season. 

Also I doubt very much we will have teams have a go like Motherwell did today

At least Candeais made an effort to track back on occasions but Windass went AWOL in the second half

Blue72 likes this

Seems to me that in selecting Miller as a first choice player in these early games in the season the manager is keeping a player who is vastly experienced in knowing what is needed at Rangers and what is needed to deal with Scottish games so that Herrera, Morelos, Candeias, Dalcio, Pena get an insight into what they need to do in playing up front or in hunting for goal scoring chances in the Scottish game.    As they get more of he hang of the game here and of the need to win each game and then start to live up to expectations when they to get game time I'd expect Miller to start fewer games and come off the bench more.   

If a player is good enough to replace Miller in the starting line-up then all they have to do is prove it when they get game time.   A good way to prove it is to score more goals than Miller and / or provide more goal scoring assists than Miller.    Equally if Miller fails to get among the goals or create enough goal scoring assists then I guess he'll be de-selected from being a player that starts games.         

OhW and Ger_onimo like this
29 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Motherwell  decided to pressurized us looking for an equaliser which they didn't get, which proves we were NOT as vulnerable as you think.