Sheffield Wednesday fans discussing our support yesterday.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Pushed the guy over, stole his green wig and giant' hand', and some other stuff from his pram supposedly. Called him all sorts of shite because he was wearing green. :huh: 

I wasn't there though, so only quoting what I read.

that's pathetic if true. Wee fannies

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of Wednesday fans I spoke to throughout yesterday, and from what I've read online from their fans, loved the atmosphere we created and had a great day. 

Does anyone really care if we get criticised? It will happen. We're not everyone's cup of tea, and to be honest I quite like it that way. 

They won't get an atmosphere like that in their ground for a long time. The general English support of just chanting about whatever manager or board member their wanting rid of that week won't quite be the same. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The vast majority of Wednesday fans I spoke to throughout yesterday, and from what I've read online from their fans, loved the atmosphere we created and had a great day. 

Does anyone really care if we get criticised? It will happen. We're not everyone's cup of tea, and to be honest I quite like it that way. 

They won't get an atmosphere like that in their ground for a long time. The general English support of just chanting about whatever manager or board member their wanting rid of that week won't quite be the same. 

I'm the same. I like us as a support being a little feared and having an edge to us but I draw the line at jumping old men collecting for charity because he's wearing green. I hope this get's sorted and he get's back on track. 

4 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

cheers mate, get it now. I had a senior moment there.

I think it's funny that they claim some of their support started climbing fences in response to our fans wearing those shirts and "goading them" :lol:

Surely if they actually had fans climbing fences that believed we had supporters wearing Sheffield United tops they should be found and made to have their vision checked, as they're clearly horrifically fucking blind 

18 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

They're a bunch of bitter bastards :lol: big day out, is it a big day out when we sell out Dingwall and Inverness every season and take over 12k to Kilmarnock 

as for the "worse than league one standard", we pumped yees ya tinpot bastards.

And as for the "singing about battles 300 years ago", cry me a river, better than sitting there in silence lit you fuds

Im not INto this love us shite and dont give a flying feck what our opponents think.

"No one likes us and we dont care" should be our moto. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'm the same. I like us as a support being a little feared and having an edge to us but I draw the line at jumping old men collecting for charity because he's wearing green. I hope this get's sorted and his get's back on track. 

I do aswell of course. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm the same. I like us as a support being a little feared and having an edge to us but I draw the line at jumping old men collecting for charity because he's wearing green. I hope this get's sorted and his get's back on track. 

Think the old boy is 77 years old as well. Scumbags if true.

Just now, sonofbear said:

More than a few with taig leanings on that site. Laughable how many of them think they're a big club ffs  :justno:

I mind there was some bitter Hearts cunt on that site talking shite about us the last time we played them.

2 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Think the old boy is 77 years old as well. Scumbags if true.

That's a fucking disgrace. I'd rather they were banned. Not really into the love us shite or anything like that but if that was my granda collecting for charity and someone attacked him I'd a left them in a worse state than that tarrier on Saturday 

kinda off topic but look how the steward reacts to the obviously drunk rangers fan dancing on the pitch after the first goal

around the 20 second mark, basically stands behind him so he doesnt g furtheronto the park then helps him over the advertising board and allows him to rejoin the crowd, can you imagine any ground in scotland where the stewards or the police would do that

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

kinda off topic but look how the steward reacts to the obviously drunk rangers fan dancing on the pitch after the first goal

around the 20 second mark, basically stands behind him so he doesnt g furtheronto the park then helps him over the advertising board and allows him to rejoin the crowd, can you imagine any ground in scotland where the stewards or the police would do that

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Pushed the guy over, stole his green wig and giant' hand', and some other stuff from his pram supposedly. Called him all sorts of shite because he was wearing green. :huh: 

I wasn't there though, so only quoting what I read.

Shite when this happens ... seen it reported on page 13 of the Owls forum if anyone cares to read it ... link above on OP .... ?

He seems to be a tough old guy ... and he did say that it was a few silly buggers and he stood his ground .... hope the GoFundMe page gets a good response.

:UK:

That McMillan man is full of shit, as you do when your pished and someone's wearing a green wig you take it off and your mates go 'wey'. You carry on past him, give him some more jovial grief about wearing green, shake his hand, put a few notes in his bucket and watch the football. Blown out of proportion imo. The guy has clearly got the wrong end of the stick or he's looking for attention. 

We took a support of 250,000, equivalent to half the population of Sheffield to Manchester and some clown called it a "big day out".

It was reported as the largest movement of people in Europe since WWII.

And to think I had been doing the bouncy for all the wrong reasons and supporting Universal Disk Format :mutley:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

s6 owl

Sheffield Wednesday First Team

Sheffield Wednesday Fan

1,670 posts

Posted 20 hours ago

Who's seriously gives a f**k about the Rangers fans? To them it was a big day out but to most of us it was just another drab pre season friendly 

51 likes ..... not a happy bunch then? ... :lol:

This post made me snigger .... Although most reports were rightfully  positive and genuine towards our brilliant away support yesterday .... there are a few SW fans who do not understandably realise what a Massive Club we are ... and if they can't see that is the case .... they have no conception of what a big club is ... and understandably so ..... as their own club is as as far away from being in the same bracket as The Rangers as night is from day.

Big day out? ... Aye right ye are then sourpuss! 

Reality checks are free ... but unfortunately .... not compulsory .... :p:

Well said pal, I cringed at the comments the other day saying this current Rangers side isn't Premiership quality, as if to say Rangers wouldn't hold their own against a lot of the clubs in the English Premiership. Laugh of the century. It's also myopic and silly where they say our players are Championship quality, just because Graham Dorrans played for Norwich doesn't mean to say he wasn't good enough to play at a bigger club, Christ Naismith as much as some don't like him proved he could play for Everton.

I mean these folk live in some sort of bubble on their own and to be honest mate, I think it was penis envy hahaha the envy they must've had from seeing the Rangers support because let's face it they know they might come across as passionate in their own country but Rangers gave them a showing up. Furthermore, what are they talking about that this is the only reason our atmosphere was good, because of drink or that special game? Yet yesterday they were saying how awful Scottish football is?

Well clearly they've never watched Scottish football, why? Because the atmosphere's of the Rangers support away from home on match day's is always superb like that.

Either way mate you'll always get some arseholes lol

2 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Well said pal, I cringed at the comments the other day saying this current Rangers side isn't Premiership quality, as if to say Rangers wouldn't hold their own against a lot of the clubs in the English Premiership. Laugh of the century. It's also myopic and silly where they say our players are Championship quality, just because Graham Dorrans played for Norwich doesn't mean to say he wasn't good enough to play at a bigger club, Christ Naismith as much as some don't like him proved he could play for Everton.

I mean these folk live in some sort of bubble on their own and to be honest mate, I think it was penis envy hahaha the envy they must've had from seeing the Rangers support because let's face it they know they might come across as passionate in their own country but Rangers gave them a showing up. Furthermore, what are they talking about that this is the only reason our atmosphere was good, because of drink or that special game? Yet yesterday they were saying how awful Scottish football is?

Well clearly they've never watched Scottish football, why? Because the atmosphere's of the Rangers support away from home on match day's is always superb like that.

Either way mate you'll always get some arseholes lol

We'd do well to get 20 points in the English Premier League.

And as good as our travelling support is, it isn't like that every week.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I've always found a number of English fans on forums to be wanky about us TBH.

Yup. I live down here and the English are not really big on praising others like they do with their own. There is also a bit of a fuck the Scots mentality among some. It's only a minority who are completely ignorant about the world but the 'Little Englander' is a true characterisation in my experience. It's like that lot with paranoia in that most of them have at least a wee bit of it. Think it comes from being the more populous country in a union. Never met a more patriotic bunch when it comes to how good they think little old England is :lol: Most of my family is English so I know them well. The little towns are much worse than the cities for it. 

It's more the football snobbery since Sky and other TV companies gave them and others all the cash and fucked football up as a genuine sport that annoys me. It's like me winning the lottery and calling my neighbours shite for not having a Porsche :lol:

Wish they realised that their main achievements in club football were significantly helped by Scottish managers and players. If we'd kept them all we'd no doubt have a lot more European trophies ourselves.  We'd be one of the most successful football nations pound for pound without a doubt before all this TV income bollocks ruined the sport.

3 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

That McMillan man is full of shit, as you do when your pished and someone's wearing a green wig you take it off and your mates go 'wey'. You carry on past him, give him some more jovial grief about wearing green, shake his hand, put a few notes in his bucket and watch the football. Blown out of proportion imo. The guy has clearly got the wrong end of the stick or he's looking for attention. 

Not disagreeing that that is usually the case ... and find it strange that no SW supporters ... or for that matter ... no police came to his aid .... if it were that serious.

Hope you are right mate and it is a mountain out of a molehill ... but when it involves a 78 year old it is bound to cause controversy.

EDIT :- ......1872 have a fund raising page on the go now so there must be some validity to the old man's story.

16 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Just a side-point (and maybe I'm wrong) but I thought Chris Graham had nothing to do with Club1872 - has things changed recently? I've lost track of boardroom nonsense since things settled down.

I plan on giving the old boy a donation but not wanting to do it through anything to do with Chris Graham/Club1872.

57 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I remember years ago when it was a cup final against Celtic and the channel 5 commentator mentioned that what makes the old firm supporters unique is that the supporters don't just sing normal stuff and chant about the odd thing, they're doing so at everything that happens on the park. You may take it for granted but to them it is completely unfounded to hear supporters cheer as the ball is put out for a throw in or corner etc, meaning the support up here will react to everything on the pitch.

You're right though, we're not going to be favoured by everyone, I bet you most of those dissing the Gers didn't even go either.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Just a side-point (and maybe I'm wrong) but I thought Chris Graham had nothing to do with Club1872 - has things changed recently? I've lost track of boardroom nonsense since things settled down.

I plan on giving the old boy a donation but not wanting to do it through anything to do with Chris Graham/Club1872.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/madwalker

That is his one for the fundraiser mate.

Its a pre season friendly. Our fans had a good day and its no more than that really. If some opposition fans enjoyed it then great, if some want be small minded then thats great too.

I remember when gazza signed for us, an english colleague said to me "I mean mate, he is playing in the back of beyond now, he is finished..." this cunt supported Derby or some shite and this was back when we were competing in Europe and happy to play top english teams on something approaching a level playing field.