Sheffield Wednesday fans discussing our support yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

s6 owl

Sheffield Wednesday First Team

Sheffield Wednesday Fan

1,670 posts

Posted 20 hours ago

Who's seriously gives a f**k about the Rangers fans? To them it was a big day out but to most of us it was just another drab pre season friendly 

51 likes ..... not a happy bunch then? ... :lol:

This post made me snigger .... Although most reports were rightfully  positive and genuine towards our brilliant away support yesterday .... there are a few SW fans who do not understandably realise what a Massive Club we are ... and if they can't see that is the case .... they have no conception of what a big club is ... and understandably so ..... as their own club is as as far away from being in the same bracket as The Rangers as night is from day.

Big day out? ... Aye right ye are then sourpuss! 

Reality checks are free ... but unfortunately .... not compulsory .... :p:

:UK:

Somebody should point out to these people that a big day out for us is usually over the years consisted of league title parties , cup finals , champions league nights and even a UEFA cup final :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Just a side-point (and maybe I'm wrong) but I thought Chris Graham had nothing to do with Club1872 - has things changed recently? I've lost track of boardroom nonsense since things settled down.

I plan on giving the old boy a donation but not wanting to do it through anything to do with Chris Graham/Club1872.

nope you are correct

he is front and centre involved..and he is noted as the fundraiser for that old boy on the youcaring page

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I've always found a number of English fans on forums to be wanky about us TBH.

To be fair, it's a mixture. I think they look at the majority of Scottish football as low quality and while maybe ten years ago I'd always argue the case against that - it certainly is in comparison now. 

BUT I was born and grew up in England, the majority of fans down here actually have a soft spot for Rangers - they could be biased because they know they're speaking to a Rangers fan but I've never known a football fan to hide their true feelings. 

Forums are a different place all together...

Just now, Basrah Bear said:

Had a look KAI loads of gers supporters donating to him. Wonder if the Rhebel or the Bias BBC will pick up on that story.

Probably best they don't tbh mate because then they'd get to run with the initial story and we'd see headlines like "OAP charity fundraiser viciously attacked by vile right-wing Rangers thugs wearing Tommy Robinson masks"

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I've just received the Club 1872 eMail regarding  John Burkhill, the guy who goes around Sheffield collecting for cancer. Jesus, on a weekend where our fans are well behaved in direct contrast to Timmy and seemingly impress folk, why does there have to be a number of idiots who drag our name down and give the papers something to write about? Twats.

Aye, I was enjoying reading that thread till that popped up, every club has its stupid louts though, pity it wasn't fellow Bears who sorted them out.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Probably best they don't tbh mate because then they'd get to run with the initial story and we'd see headlines like "OAP charity fundraiser viciously attacked by vile right-wing Rangers thugs wearing Tommy Robinson masks"

you are probably right, sad how pathetic the Mhedia are today

44 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

We'd do well to get 20 points in the English Premier League.

And as good as our travelling support is, it isn't like that every week.

If we got 20 points in the English premier league it would still be better than the 9 Derby got one year :lol: 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Somebody should point out to these people that a big day out for us is usually over the years consisted of league title parties , cup finals , champions league nights and even a UEFA cup final :lol:

:lol:

Exactly mate ... for a team who have no need for a trophy room .... because they have won not won enough  ... some ... not all of their support think being in a cash rich environment equals a bigger club ... even with their superior cash injections they will win nothing .... ensuring that that trophy room is never ever added to the design drawings at Hillsborough .... their cabinet is the right size though ..... :p:

No Idea of the reality of what it entails to be as massive as our Club ..... even our name has the easy to recognise prefix "Famous" Glasgow Rangers ... for the obvious reason ... we are just that ... Famous throughout the World.

PS:- Don't forget we won the ECWC .... and were in many later stages of Europe when there wasn't even ST money or big sponsorship deals around to rely on ... when football was majority sponsored by the working man ... or when as now Sheffield was only ever mildly renowned for it's stainless steel cutlery manufacturing factory .... :p:

Sheffield Wednesday were close to getting to EPL last year,on paper they have one of the best teams in this years Championship, how many of them would you swap for our starting 11.....none for me ,small club,with some jealous fans.

2 minutes ago, oldbear said:

Sheffield Wednesday were close to getting to EPL last year,on paper they have one of the best teams in this years Championship, how many of them would you swap for our starting 11.....none for me ,small club,with some jealous fans.

You wouldn't take Hooper, Forristieri, Winnall or Rhodes ahead of our strikers? Or Boyd ahead of any of our options on the left? Really?

:tu:

Club 1872's fund page for John Burkhill .... is now over £1100 (£500 target) ... so hopefully this helps to allay any dodgy feelings towards our away support who for the most part (99.999%) were brilliant yesterday.

From adversity there is equal opportunity .... and at the end of the day MacMillans cancer charity has won a watch .... thanks again to the generosity of The Rangers support.

The Blue Pound ... no better inflation buster in the world .... :lol:

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Quite a few of them think it's the best away support they've ever seen and then a few think we were being heavily arse licked by their own club :lol:

Guy comes in around the 4th page and defends us with a good post.

Near the end of the thread they start saying some of our fans wrecked a pub called The Crown and attacked some charity collection guy? Hadn't heard anything about that but aye, probably taig leaning Wednesday fans saying that.

Also, the bouncy is a song celebrating a catholic being thrown off a bridge by the well known and mighty UDF.

Uppa UDF

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/257217-supporters-put-to-shame/

And just for the young ones out there 

The bouncy bouncy started at the new scumdome when when their stands were built .They moved when they were being built and in 2 games we played them pretty close together 1995/96 season .Mccoist and Gazza /Clelland .I was at both 

Having been in the old Rangers Derry and North enclosure in early 80s .This I guarantee it was season 95/96 when the bouncy bouncy was born .And where it was originated 

Something ain't right here. It look as though the media may have embellished this to an extent (or the poster is posting shit). This tends to happen 'occasionally' when it's to do with The Rangers. The guys should have left the man in peace anyway. A great day by all accounts and you just know that our media will be rubbing their manky paws together at how they can do the most damage with this.

According to a guy on FF...see quotes

Re: We need to make this right (Sheffield and district help)

A total non story !! Witnessed this with my 2 sons and was bit of banter with someone taking his wig and returning it. 

Guys apologised and made a donation to the cancer charity for actions. 

Stealing and abuse was not something that happened a total fabrication by tabloid journalists !!

Did you witness this ? If not wind your neck in the guys apologised for a bit of banter and made a contribution to him and the charity. 

Certainly not scum as you have alluded to. With fellow fans like you who needs enemies !!

We were standing outside bar that it happened together with a number of police around us and it was a bit of banter not one of the police moved and the guy returned his wig apologised and made a donation from his wallet.

Now if you want to call your fellow fans scum for something you know nothing about and rely on tabloid journalists then then carry on. I don't know these guys but witnessed it a few feet in front of me and it was some misplaced banter that has being totally blown out of proportion and guys like you only making the matter worse than it really was.

Now the guy was robbed by Rangers fans !!! FFS

The guy took his wig off him walking by the bar, which was not right but was done in childish fun. The wig was returned seconds later with an apology and a donation to his charity.

This was witnessed by the police standing next to me and the guy walked away without an issue. No police involvement and certainly was not robbed as your now alluding to. 

Now I would suggest that if your not aware of what went on, as i am, I would suggest not tarnishing the fans name in the way you are.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And just for the young ones out there 

The bouncy bouncy started at the new scumdome when when their stands were built .The moved in 2 games we played then pretty close together 1995/96 season 

Having been in the old Rangers Derry and North enclosure in early 80s .This I guarantee when the bouncy bouncy was born .And where it was originated 

C'mon you mate it cannae start both in the mid-90's and early-80's :dance:

1 minute ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

Something ain't right here. It look as though the media may have embellished this to an extent (or the poster is posting shit). This tends to happen 'occasionally' when it's to do with The Rangers. The guys should have left the man in peace anyway. A great day by all accounts and you just know that our media will be rubbing their manky paws together at how they can do the most damage with this.

According to a guy on FF...see quotes

Re: We need to make this right (Sheffield and district help)

A total non story !! Witnessed this with my 2 sons and was bit of banter with someone taking his wig and returning it. 

Guys apologised and made a donation to the cancer charity for actions. 

Stealing and abuse was not something that happened a total fabrication by tabloid journalists !!

Did you witness this ? If not wind your neck in the guys apologised for a bit of banter and made a contribution to him and the charity. 

Certainly not scum as you have alluded to. With fellow fans like you who needs enemies !!

We were standing outside bar that it happened together with a number of police around us and it was a bit of banter not one of the police moved and the guy returned his wig apologised and made a donation from his wallet.

Now if you want to call your fellow fans scum for something you know nothing about and rely on tabloid journalists then then carry on. I don't know these guys but witnessed it a few feet in front of me and it was some misplaced banter that has being totally blown out of proportion and guys like you only making the matter worse than it really was.

Now the guy was robbed by Rangers fans !!! FFS

The guy took his wig off him walking by the bar, which was not right but was done in childish fun. The wig was returned seconds later with an apology and a donation to his charity.

This was witnessed by the police standing next to me and the guy walked away without an issue. No police involvement and certainly was not robbed as your now alluding to. 

Now I would suggest that if your not aware of what went on, as i am, I would suggest not tarnishing the fans name in the way you are.

Ever thought there could have been 2 incidents? - if you can even call that an incident. Maybe that happened and the other thing happened too. The old guys family took to Twitter and Facebook to post about it - I don't think they'd lie tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Fuck them.

On the way back into the city after the game I got talking to a Blade at a bus stop who asked me the score. Genuinely nice guy, except he was wearing an old Blades Macron tracksuit that stunk and he had about 5 teeth :lol: .

Also got talking to a guy who was an Owl and he was a bit pissed off with how many Wednesday fans turned up - he was moaning about how the middle-class villagers of Derbyshire thought the match was beneath them. He actually said to me that it would have been a better atmosphere at the Lane because Utd fans were a bit more loyal and more working class like us. 

All in all a great day - and Sheffield was a lovely city filled with great people.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Ever thought there could have been 2 incidents? - if you can even call that an incident. Maybe that happened and the other thing happened too. The old guys family took to Twitter and Facebook to post about it - I don't think they'd lie tbh. 

Maybe that's what did happen. I don't doubt the guy for a second, just some of the add ons that we always seem to get in the press.