Sheffield Wednesday fans discussing our support yesterday.

50 minutes ago, steveger1 said:

Seriously I have been an Owlstalk member since 2005 until i got booted for arguing with a rabid tim, i joined again in 2008 and have been on it since as i am a Cumnock born but Mexborough based Rangers and Wednesday fan, the posters that are spewing all the bile on the post involved on Owlstalk are all Rangers haters and/or plastic tims as well as the usual +positive post reputation collectors, i got a 24 hour ban yesterday after having a go and questioning the modding etc, it ws more than likely someone from that actual topic.thread that passed the story on to the Sheffield Star and i think i know which bigheaded loudmouth it was....

The same people have strangely not commented since all the good Rangers fans news came in about us donating to Johns great charity, the old guy gave a statement but the Sheffield Star kinda twisted it 

:tu:

Cheers mate ... I saw one of them having an attempt to belittle you ... with his shite about outing you as a Rangers Fan ... and accusing you of bigotry .... fucking clown shoe .... :lol:

:UK: 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm all for contributing a bit of money to the guys charity but surely to fuck 2 grand is a bit OTT? 

It's a great charity and I'm sure most of the people in here know of someone who was helped by them. They gent also gets my respect for his outstanding efforts. That's a huge amount of money he's raised for them.

From a Rangers perspective, we were made to look bad by the news. It made the printed media and social media/forums, which painted us in a bad light. For any supporter to contribute a fiver, a tenner, or whatever they can afford, will go a long way in the memories left by it in the gent and his family, the football media and beyond. It won't be wasted as it's such a worthwhile charity and to redeem our good name with some, it could be one of the best fivers or tenners we've spent.

28 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

It started before then mate. It was my favourite song in the East enclosure as a wean and I've been going since around 89. I never got into the enclosure until about my second year which would have been around 91 but was definitely on the go by then. Still have great memories of doing it as we used to leave and seeing people's shoes lying around because they used to come off whilst doing it :lol:

This pic was on the front page of Follow Follow in 94 and included as a poster inside, I've still got the poster as I'm in the picture. Can't find the copy of Follow Follow but I'm sure it was titled "The East Enclosure Bouncy Boys."

East Enclosure.jpg

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm all for contributing a bit of money to the guys charity but surely to fuck 2 grand is a bit OTT? 

Reading different accounts it's hard to say what really happened , but this is a worthwhile charity that will benefit . The more the better , I'd say . 

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

It started before then mate. It was my favourite song in the East enclosure as a wean and I've been going since around 89. I never got into the enclosure until about my second year which would have been around 91 but was definitely on the go by then. Still have great memories of doing it as we used to leave and seeing people's shoes lying around because they used to come off whilst doing it :lol:

It never . The fans were never jumping up and singing bouncy bouncy na na na . Before this

You know that .or you are telling porkies . Think we had this disagreement before

3 hours ago, Detroit Lion said:

Down there though, the polis, stewards, fans and locals embrace us.

Up here, the polis go out their way to demonise us, leave us with criminal records and have our STs confiscated.

I can't blame a lot of folk that end up sitting on their arse saying fuck all. The polis make the rules up as they go along.

Down there we've all consumed a keg of lager each to , helps add to the proceedings :dance:

2 hours ago, Graham Roberts iPhone said:

This pic was on the front page of Follow Follow in 94 and included as a poster inside, I've still got the poster as I'm in the picture. Can't find the copy of Follow Follow but I'm sure it was titled "The East Enclosure Bouncy Boys."

East Enclosure.jpg

Yeah we may have been bouncing around like we did back then

We never sang that present day song though .

It saddens me , that these accounts are giving the young ones confused ideas how it started .

With all these accounts , no wonder the beggars have a go and say it's sectarian .

FFS We never agree on anything

My version is the right one though

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah we may have been bouncing around like we did back then

We never sang that present day song though .

It saddens me , that these accounts are giving the young ones confused ideas how it started .

With all these accounts , no wonder the beggars have a go and say it's sectarian .

FFS We never agree on anything

My version is the right one though

Certainly was never done in the old derry and doubt it was done in the enclosure either. 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It never . The fans were never jumping up and singing bouncy bouncy na na na . Before this

You know that .or you are telling porkies . Think we had this disagreement before

I think it might have been earlier to be honest because I was nearly a teen by the time we played the sheep to win the title on the last day of the season when Walter became manager so it was well before that. Why would I be telling porkies ffs, it doesn't mean anything :lol: Its just something I always loved about being a kid in the east enclosure as we done it all the time and sometimes on the way out. That's when people would lose shoes and you couldn't see the stairs or fuck all. It was madness but made it all the better. I know you must have a strong feeling that you're right about this but my memories of it are strong as it was my favourite song as a kid because of people singing "if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim" and jumping around. The only reason I replied about it is because it involves some of my best memories of being young at Ibrox. 

11 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Certainly was never done in the old derry and doubt it was done in the enclosure either. 

Spot on mate . It wasn't ,not in its present form .

I was there the first night we started singing it . It was the game Ally Mccoist only goal in league cup tie .

When we scored ,place went mental and  their stands , that were in process of being completed moved . Or it felt like it .

Then all the bears started jumping up and down singing the now bouncy bouncy na na na .

Now before this , I very rarely missed a game and we did not sing this

Few weeks later , we played them again in league game there . We won 2-0 with Gazza and Clelland scoring . For me , the day that the bouncy bouncy was born

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I think it might have been earlier to be honest because I was nearly a teen by the time we played the sheep to win the title on the last day of the season when Walter became manager so it was well before that. Why would I be telling porkies ffs, it doesn't mean anything :lol: Its just something I always loved about being a kid in the east enclosure as we done it all the time and sometimes on the way out. That's when people would lose shoes and you couldn't see the stairs or fuck all. It was madness but made it all the better. I know you must have a strong feeling that you're right about this but my memories of it are strong as it was my favourite song as a kid because of people singing "if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim" and jumping around. The only reason I replied about it is because it involves some of my best memories of being young at Ibrox. 

It does mean something though. We have to at least agree when something like this starts and for what reason .

The scum and their liars just pounce on this cause we don't even know when it started or what for .

I have been going to Ibrox since 1974 and I never heard us once singing this version of bouncy bouncy na na na in all the days up to days I mentioned

7 hours ago, Basrah Bear said:

Had a look KAI loads of gers supporters donating to him. Wonder if the Rhebel or the Bias BBC will pick up on that story.

Enter the twilight zone where the top two stories on DR are anti Celtic and pro rangers....

IMG_2960.PNG

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It does mean something though. We have to at least agree when something like this starts and for what reason .

The scum and their liars just pounce on this cause we don't even know when it started or what for .

I have been going to Ibrox since 1974 and I never heard us once singing this version of bouncy bouncy na na na in all the days up to days I mentioned

I don't remember ever doing it in the Copland as a boy and its one of the reasons why I preferred the enclosure. I never realised it was not old like most of the other songs so must have been around that time it started up. That might be were the confusion comes from as I don't think everyone would do it. Think it was more different groups of people that would give it a short burst. Your right that it wasn't like later when the full crowd would do it. I remember sometimes people would moan because of the jostling too. So maybe it was an early version because the bit I remember best was "if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim" and not the na na na which is strange.

We definitely used to sing it in the enclosure though as I remember many times banging off the wire barrier bit at the back that stopped you falling down to the bit below while bouncing along and people losing shoes and allsorts. This was back in the days when we would sing songs at the other parts of the stadium to try and get them to sing so must have been still in its infancy and done in dribs and drabs as it is mainly at the end I can remember doing it.  

Glad to see the Old Geezer's fundraising get a nice boost.  That's a fair return for a wig-snatch, and I'm sure he'll have a great opinion of the Rangers Support now. :thumbsup:

It would be nice to see the RangersMedia Erskine Fund getting a wee boost like that. :whistle:

Do I need to go and mug a Veteran for you?

D-Day3.thumb.jpg.a8c3291baf41b4a06e319b3

:p:

I cringed when I saw the thread title. I thought it was going to be one of those taig-like discussions about how everyone thinks we're the best fans in the world etc etc

And those needy alliances with English clubs.. What the fuck is that about?.. Abusive childhood and crave adult affection?  

They give me the fucking creeps. 

13 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

What is it with people from Cumnock and their anger issues

I work with a guy from there and he has a horrendous temper, same with all his family apparently. 

His brother stabbed some bloke in the gouch area something like 10 times. So bad that it makes me laugh :lol: 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I work with a guy from there and he has a horrendous temper, same with all his family apparently. 

His brother stabbed some bloke in the gouch area something like 10 times. So bad that it makes me laugh :lol: 

:megaanguish:

9 hours ago, William McBeath said:

I don't remember ever doing it in the Copland as a boy and its one of the reasons why I preferred the enclosure. I never realised it was not old like most of the other songs so must have been around that time it started up. That might be were the confusion comes from as I don't think everyone would do it. Think it was more different groups of people that would give it a short burst. Your right that it wasn't like later when the full crowd would do it. I remember sometimes people would moan because of the jostling too. So maybe it was an early version because the bit I remember best was "if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim" and not the na na na which is strange.

We definitely used to sing it in the enclosure though as I remember many times banging off the wire barrier bit at the back that stopped you falling down to the bit below while bouncing along and people losing shoes and allsorts. This was back in the days when we would sing songs at the other parts of the stadium to try and get them to sing so must have been still in its infancy and done in dribs and drabs as it is mainly at the end I can remember doing it.  

Ok fair comment mate

15 hours ago, steveger1 said:

Seriously I have been an Owlstalk member since 2005 until i got booted for arguing with a rabid tim, i joined again in 2008 and have been on it since as i am a Cumnock born but Mexborough based Rangers and Wednesday fan, the posters that are spewing all the bile on the post involved on Owlstalk are all Rangers haters and/or plastic tims as well as the usual +positive post reputation collectors, i got a 24 hour ban yesterday after having a go and questioning the modding etc, it ws more than likely someone from that actual topic.thread that passed the story on to the Sheffield Star and i think i know which bigheaded loudmouth it was....

The same people have strangely not commented since all the good Rangers fans news came in about us donating to Johns great charity, the old guy gave a statement but the Sheffield Star kinda twisted it 

giphy-downsized (11).gif

32 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok fair comment mate

It's actually got me wanting to know too. I think you might be right about it being a different version. Because  it wasn't 'bouncy bouncy na na na'. Think it was only 'if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim' and 'let's all do the bouncy ha ha ha' or maybe it was 'na na na'. But I don't think the 'bouncy bouncy' bit was sung. 

I remember trying to start it up with a few mates as a teenager in the enclosure and all the older cunts just laughed at us. It was at a season opener against Dunfermline and we won 5 or 6 nil.

Will see if I can find out what year that was because it was definately well before that I first heard it the way I said it was done. I say that because it might have been later than I'm originally thinking and not at my very earliest times in the enclosure. Maybe it was the same season Walter took over and we done the sheep on the last day as I was there a lot that season and might just be thinking it sung in earlier seasons. Think that was 91/2.

Ive seen the nonsense written by the tramps about it being sectarian. What is it that the time it started proves? Are they making out it started at the same time as this crap about somebody getting killed? 

After thinking about it more though I think you're right about the bouncy bouncy version. It was different. I remember even thinking years later it didn't sound as good but I didn't realise it was because it was different.